Elshaddai

What is the relationship between love and truth?

36 posts in this topic

I saw leo talk in some of his videos on how love and truth are the same thing and this is a hard thing for me to understand.

If you look at most human beings and reality as a whole you will find very little love and alot of selfishness and cruelty.

So is there even a connection there at all?

Most human beings are not aware of their true being, hence the lack of love and lots of selfishness. 

Love is all that exists, Love being a synonym for Consciousness or Truth, they all point to the indescribable reality. 

Awakening to infinite love is what will truly set you free. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Contemplate why people do "evil" things. Are they truly evil, as in: is evil a real thing? Or might it be, that every evil act was actually a form of love towards something?

Did hitler invade Europe because he was an evil guy with evil deeds in his mind, or was it that he saw the suffering of his fellow countrymen, and out of his own limited compassion for them he did what he did. He and the german forces lost because the opposing force's love and intelligence outplayed his love and strategy.

World wars, or any war or conflict, can be viewed as a moral question (who was in the right) and that is a valid thing to ask on this level, but if we are dealing with the existential nature of reality, it's much more accurate to say that two opposing forces of love clashed.

It's a different thing to say that Hitler did not have the moral right to invade Europe, than to say that everything he did was actually an expression of love towards the german people. Would you deny someone from his love? That is the messiness of life right there: what has YOUR perspective and self-bias got to do with the other persons perspective and self-bias, and what are you going to do about it. 

The reason he did not become a saint and spend his lifetime helping, serving others and spreading undiscriminating love is for two reasons that intermingle: he did not know and did not understand non-duality, and more importantly: his level of moral and consciousness development was low. His level of consciousness was high enough to care about people around him. That love extended actually far beyond his immediate family or a community, it extended to include all of Germany and all of the people he considered to be true Germans. That is actually in a sense, a decently sized area of concern if you compare that to the most selfish person who only cares for himself.

But Germanys borders were the limits of his love. It stops there. Beyond germany: threat, enemy, fear

Truth in this sense means that he really did think that his pursue of the 3rd reich was just and True. No one can love a pursuit of a thing he knows for a fact to be false. The trick here is though, he did not have the Truth, he only had his self-bias that he mistook for truth. 

What is said above is actually not that radical, because it could be considered just as a perspective, not any less true or false than the evil-hitler good-guy-churchill paradigm, any person with a bit higher level of open-mindedness could appreciate that.

What is radical though, that what is said above is not a perspective, it is the truth, period. There is ONLY love, nothing else. Truth = Love, Love = Truth. Your love for the truth is the pursuit that will in the end be realised as a snake eating it's own tail: the truth that you were looking for was actually the love that made you look for the truth in the first place. OOOOH! OOOOOOOOH! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO * drowns in tears and suffocates on astonishment * and so forth when you get that.

You really can't push your old paradigm onto non-duality and try to grasp it that way, a paradigm change is required. There are no degrees of love and hate, there are only degrees of love and lack of love, that is to say: degrees of love vs selfishness. That is the whole game you are playing in this dream, your goal is to live your life in such a way that you become masterful at navigating towards love and not away from it. 

Rules of that game:

• You have to play
  • There is no end to the game, you can only amass more game currency as you play and that is: love
  • You can lose your chips if you play poorly
  • You can go in debt if you REALLY lose, that is: you have so little self-love that you are actually un-capable to love anything. You must first rise your level of self-love to "0" and then you can start to spread that love in your environment
  • You can try to awaken in the game to see that it is actually a game, but even if you do that: you still have to continue playing. The more you are conscious that it is a game, the better you play it and the happier you will grow to be.

Edited by molosku

@Meta-Man Funny seeing you here ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

7 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Absolute Love is Reality itself, and includes selfishness and cruelty.

7 hours ago, molosku said:

Are they truly evil, as in: is evil a real thing? Or might it be, that every evil act was actually a form of love towards something?

From my understaning thanks largely because of leo's video on evil I do realize that evil comes from selfishness and selfishness is a limited form of love.

What I fail to see is why would god\reality allow selfishness to begin with?

seeing how it is a limited form of love wouldn't the most loving thing to do is to make everyone enlightened, selfless and constantly radiating love forever all of the time?

@Elshaddai if God didn’t allow selfishness, God couldn’t be God. God is perfect love and It is so loving, that It even loves and includes selfishness within Itself.  

Also, if God did not allow selfishness, you could not be here as an ego asking why God allows selfishness.  But of course, God is Infinite, so it has to include everything, including that. Including selfishness. 

1 hour ago, Elshaddai said:

What I fail to see is why would god\reality allow selfishness to begin with?

Hehe... Ask yourself this "Why wouldn't it"?

Really, just ask yourself that question. If you were absolutely selfless and formless, why the hell would you allow certain things and not others?

You have to realize that if you don't have a FORM, you can't fucking know what is "evil", "wrong", or "bad". This are projections of the mind for survival purposes.

2 hours ago, Elshaddai said:

wouldn't the most loving thing to do is to make everyone enlightened, selfless and constantly radiating love forever all of the time?

Yes, but only if you are open to it. The problem is that your mind is closed to God/Love/Truth.

Life IS the process by which God makes everyone enlightened, selfless, and constantly radiating love forever. But the ego whines and bitches about it.

Everyone can't be enlightened, selfless, and constantly radiating love unless they surrender their egos. Which no one wants to do.

So you are blaming God for your own selfishness and fear. The only reason you don't constantly radiate love is because you're too scared and selfish to do it. And God cannot force you to be selfless, as that would be selfish of God.

God is not holding you back. You are standing in your own way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Elshaddai said:

love and truth are the same thing and this is a hard thing for me to understand.

That is the whole point. You can't, me is the seperation.

If you look at most human beings and reality as a whole you will find very little love and alot of selfishness and cruelty.

I see only love. "Most human beings" and "Reality as a whole" are stories, they're not actual. Me thinks Love is a facet of life, that it is happy, pink and butterfly sweet, whatever the fuck that means, I just made it up but it captures the point. This is taking the piss out of Love, don't do that! Just kidding hehe. Love is all there is, no worries, nothing to get, it is the greatest gift of all and nobody receives it. 

So is there even a connection there at all?

Doesn't matter, the answer is not in words, you will not receive the answer from anybody. This is radical, it is very serious, take it seriously, focus!! Jk sorry

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Life IS the process by which God makes everyone enlightened, selfless, and constantly radiating love forever.

??

God is very persuasive.  But is never forceful. Ever loving, whether love is returned or not.

Edited by Artaemis

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but only if you are open to it. The problem is that your mind is closed to God/Love/Truth.

Life IS the process by which God makes everyone enlightened, selfless, and constantly radiating love forever. But the ego whines and bitches about it.

Everyone can't be enlightened, selfless, and constantly radiating love unless they surrender their egos. Which no one wants to do.

So you are blaming God for your own selfishness and fear. The only reason you don't constantly radiate love is because you're too scared and selfish to do it. And God cannot force you to be selfless, as that would be selfish of God.

God is not holding you back. You are standing in your own way.

The paradox is that God itself is me and is standing in its own way, God is also the ego that is preventing itself to be fully enlightened. So in a way God is holding us back

16 minutes ago, docs20 said:

The paradox is that God itself is me and is standing in its own way, God is also the ego that is preventing itself to be fully enlightened. So in a way God is holding us back

Yes, and that is precisely Love. God is not holding you back because God wants nothing from you but whatever is. God does not love you more for realizing you are God.

Love is a state, not Truth.

Truth is inclusive of love. Love is smaller than Truth. Love is a partial, relative truth. It's not absolute. Love and fear are two sides of the same coin. If one is absolute, then the other is absolute. You can't say love is absolute and fear is a limited/relative form of love. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by The observer

10 minutes ago, The observer said:

Love is a state, not Truth.

Truth is inclusive of love. Love is smaller than Truth. Love is a partial, relative truth. It's not absolute. Love and fear are two sides of the same coin. If one is absolute, then the other is absolute. You can't say love is absolute and fear is a limited/relative form of love. You can't have it both ways.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Ironically, by missing the Love, you're missing the Truth.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ironically, by missing the Love, you're missing the Truth.

I can't miss the Truth because I am it. I don't have to look for it or think it. Whether or not I am realised does not make Truth less truer. If I can miss the love, then it's not absolute and simply just a temporary thought/state/form. Love can only exist relative to fear. Without fear, what is there to love? And without love, what is there to fear?

Edited by The observer

@The observer You are missing Truth because you are missing that Truth = Love.

Just because Truth is absolute doesn't mean you're conscious of all of its facets and depth.

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@The observer You are missing Truth because you are missing that Truth = Love.

I never said that Truth excludes love. It's just not right here and now. It has been in the past and will likely be in the future, but it's not here at the moment. For me to hallucinate love in the present moment, I would have to let go of the past and future, and I don't want to let go. Love is so demanding, like a nagging wife that wants me to abandon my friends (thoughts) for her. No, thanks. Truth is much simpler. It cannot let go of me and I cannot let go of it. Wherever I look, there it is, looking back at me.

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@The observer Just because Truth is absolute doesn't mean you're conscious of all of its facets and depth.

It's infinite, so I can't be conscious of it all. There's nothing more to be conscious of. Consciousness is all there is.

Edited by The observer

@The observer

It is true that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Of course, I say this in love. 

@Elshaddai

“I saw leo talk in some of his videos on how love and truth are the same thing and this is a hard thing for me to understand

“Thing” is a thought. “Connection” is a thought. “Me” is a thought. 

If you look at most human beings and reality as a whole you will find very little love and alot of selfishness and cruelty. So is there even a connection there at all?”

The “connection” is the veiling of truth via “what others will see”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@The observer

It is true that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Of course, I say this in love. 

Without a mind, there are no ideas. It's a feature; nothing to be ashamed of.

Love is an idea.