Preetom

I AM Consciousness and Solipsism dilemma

54 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

As for my avatar.. I think I will use the question mark as one to provoke you even more 

You are not provoking me. I enjoy conversations like this. Two-three years ago I used to have big dinners at my house at a big table and discuss philosophical things with my friends or at least to provoke people to think. I love this forum, I love people in general. I am an extrovert. I can not imagine my life without interactions. But!!!

Have you seen how many times we've discusses solipsism here? A lot, before you were born, xD, on this forum. Therefore, I told you we could not go that far with this topic. I would rather talk about something else, for example about emotions and their power. 

Are others real or not? Only meditation and psychedelics will answer this question. We can not ask others about it. 

I also think you will exhaust yourself one day with this question. I did the same thing. For about a year I was asking my coach if the objective world were real or not, then I hit the wall.  Maybe read some books in this case. Then you will have more questions that can be discussed. I do not know if you like to read or not. I love reading. Good book and the ocean in front of me is all I need.

My favorite one is this: "You Are Not: Beyond the Three Veils of Consciousness"

"Stephen H. Wolinsky, Ph.D. is a direct disciple of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj and lived in India and Asia for more than six and a half years. He has taught Self-Enquiry and Kashmir Shaivism (Tantra) from 1982 to the present."

Capture12334.PNG

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

6 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

a) you created the whole Universe

b) nothing exists unless you imagine it.

c) nothing exists but yourself.

Are any of the above statements Solipsism ?

Hell yeah. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

a) you created the whole Universe

b) nothing exists unless you imagine it.

c) nothing exists but yourself.

Are any of the above statements Solipsism ?

Capitalize the Y.   Truth.  Oneness - Solipsism doesn't capture Infinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Galyna thanks for the resource.. But did you just assume my age lol ? 

-Osho

@Someone here Nope.I wrote "before you were "born" on this forum"? All I meant was that you were a newbie on this forum, that is it. Sorry for the confusion. But hey, read that book, I love it, it is cool. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Someone here

“Again in my direct experience there is only this limited awareness via my body and mind and nothing else. And any other knowledge has to be derived from that. I can't go meta my awareness “

Claiming ownership of awareness will limit potential. 

Imagine a Grand Hotel with many rooms. Each room is totally unique and all the rooms are inter-connected. Imagine you are in Room 227, which is a room for intellectual exploration. It is a fascinating room worthy of exploration. However, you have now encountered people that have explored other rooms that you are unaware of and have not explored. The problem is that you are trying to contextualize other rooms within Room 227. It doesn’t work this way and is usually counter-productive. 

You can go meta awareness through realization of other rooms. So far all you are doing is asking others about other rooms, yet you think those other rooms are within Room 227. You would need to leave Room 227 and explore. Yet the mind gets conditioned, attached and identified to *my* room (a.ka. *my* awareness). For those contracted within Room 227, this often is expressed by debating and arguing for *my* intellectual constructs and beliefs. There is a tendency of wanting to ‘be right’. For those not contracted within Room 227, there is much more fluidity because they are aware of other rooms and are not attached/identified to Room 227. They are free to explore various rooms without attachment / identification. Not only can they explore within various rooms, they can enter meta vision and see how the rooms are inter-connected to each other as well as how all the rooms are inter-connected in One Grand Hotel. Yet this is not possible if we contract ourselves into Room 227 since this limits our potential. 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Someone here

“Again in my direct experience there is only this limited awareness via my body and mind and nothing else. And any other knowledge has to be derived from that. I can't go meta my awareness “

Claiming ownership of awareness will limit potential. 

Imagine a Grand Hotel with many rooms. Each room is totally unique and all the rooms are inter-connected. Imagine you are in Room 227, which is a room for intellectual exploration. It is a fascinating room worthy of exploration. However, you have now encountered people that have explored other rooms that you are unaware of and have not explored. The problem is that you are trying to contextualize other rooms within Room 227. It doesn’t work this way and is usually counter-productive. 

You can go meta awareness through realization of other rooms. So far all you are doing is asking others about other rooms, yet you think those other rooms are within Room 227. You would need to leave Room 227 and explore. Yet the mind gets conditioned, attached and identified to *my* room (a.ka. *my* awareness). For those contracted within Room 227, this often is expressed by debating and arguing for *my* intellectual constructs and beliefs. A tendency of wanting to ‘be right’. For those not contracted within Room 227, there is much more fluidity because they are aware of other rooms and are not attached/identified to Room 227. They are free to explore various rooms without attachment or identification. 

I think I'm not attached to be right I'm exploring with others and more than open to change my mind if something makes me do so. And also I have put down the intellectual level and the preconceived ideas about what awareness is.  I'm talking direct experience without adding any intellectual filters. I'm just stating my direct experience as it is unedited. Thers is no place for "other's awareness" in my direct experience and that's just how it is. This doesn't mean that I'm a solopsist. It just means thers is no method whatsoever  via which I can access Serotoninluv's avatar and check whether he is aware or not.   

BTW all this is starting to give me anxiety lol. So I will leave it at there. 

-Osho

12 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Someone here Nope.I wrote "before you were "born" on this forum"? All I meant was that you were a newbie on this forum, that is it. Sorry for the confusion. But hey, read that book, I love it, it is cool. 

Will do. Thanks. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I think I'm not attached to be right I'm exploring with others and more than open to change my mind if something makes me do so.

This here points to the contraction. Notice how the mind thinks “I will change my mind if something makes me do so”. The mind has taken a position and is reluctant to ‘change’ positions. This is attachment to beliefs and it is limiting your potential. 

You do not need to reject a belief and ‘change’ to a different belief. This is a trick of the mind to stay immersed within one belief system. It will create opposites and put itself in a position in which it must accept and hold a belief. As well, the “if something makes me do so” creates a highly contracted mindset that puts the burden on external input. This allows the mind to maintain narrative control within it’s belief system. It can analyze the “somethings” as if it is analyzing evidence. 

I know this mindset well as I was contracted within a scientific-based network of ideas for 25 years of my adult life. In hindsight, one of the most important realizations is that I do not need to reject any beliefs and ‘change’ to new beliefs. It is not about ‘changing’ one belief for another belief. It is about letting go of ALL beliefs and transcending them. For example, a transcendent view does not reject science for non-science. A transcendent view is not beholden to ANY belief. It is free to hold ideas loosely and let go of ideas. It can see how science, creativity, intuition, energetics and art are all inter-connected. It can see the science in art and the art in science. 

Imagine two people are hiking in nature and one person says “The trees are nature”. The other person says “The river is nature”. They debate about wether nature is the trees or the river. The first person says “I am open minded to change my position that the trees are nature to the belief that the river is nature if something makes me do so. I want to see some evidence that the river is nature before I change my mind”. This is a highly contracted, limited mindset. It’s not about rejecting the trees as nature and accepting the river as nature. It is about letting go of attachment to the contraction that trees are nature without rejecting that trees are nature. In doing so, there is a meta awareness that is revealed that can now see how both the trees and the river are nature. This opens up new avenues of exploration and expansion. Being free of the limiting idea that “the trees are nature”, we can now see how the trees and the river interact within nature. This also allows space for new expansion - we can realize that insects, birds, rocks and wind are also nature. 

Yet it goes far beyond beliefs into ISness in which beliefs are absent. Various forms of creativity, energetics, vibrations, intuition etc. There are many rooms to explore. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I'm talking direct experience without adding any intellectual filters. I'm just stating my direct experience as it is unedited. 

I think it can be helpful to make a distinction between ‘direct experience’ and ‘contextualized experience’. What you are describing is a contextualized experience that has filters. All contextualized experience has filters. Without any filters, there is infinity. 

Go prior to the contextualization of experience. Prior to thoughts of “this is my direct experience”. Prior to thoughts of “this is what my direct experience is”.

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Lol, I feel you bro. That's why it is recommended to start deprogramming your mind via meditation and other relaxation techniques. Too much information could drive you crazy and intellectual/rational mind is too rigid to understand reality. Everything should be done in steps, not overnight. The biggest mistake is to become too attached to various concepts as it only bring more disappointment if you will realize that you have been wrong all along. As for the solipsism dilemma, my theory for now is that reality is subjective. But I might be wrong. Will see what the future will reveal :D

edit: ( deleted, wrong thread ;) )

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

Because solipsism is like spiritual nihilism, in a way. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Someone here

The one who can't at least see the limitation of knowledge or the arbitrary/abstraction nature of thoughts; these discussions become useless very soon.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''