SamueLSD

Are Others Conscious?

74 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

It's funny how persistent this need to "get it" is. You'll never get it. Your mind will never make sense of it, let it go (if you can, haha).

Having said that, when "you" (the one who claims to be conscious and who is asking about whether 'others' are conscious) fall away, or die, or whatever one wants to call it, then there are no questions left.

Until then, you're just spinning the wheel. Which is fine, spin away :D

Beautifully put and very true.

51 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

It's funny how persistent this need to "get it" is. You'll never get it. Your mind will never make sense of it, let it go (if you can, haha).

Having said that, when "you" (the one who claims to be conscious and who is asking about whether 'others' are conscious) fall away, or die, or whatever one wants to call it, then there are no questions left.

Until then, you're just spinning the wheel. Which is fine, spin away :D

As Leo says " there is no other game in town". Either arrive at infinite self understanding or keep spinning.  It's just my intuition that I'm capable of infinite self understanding.  I am here and the universe gave me this gift of intellect and the ability and "desire" to understand . It would be ungrateful to not use it. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The reason this question keeps coming up and the reason you will never resolve it logically is because the answer requires a profound awakening on the question of "What is 'other'?"

You will never understand this until you have that specific kind of awakening.

You do not know what "other" is. The ego-mind CANNOT know what "other" is because it doesn't know what Self is. The more you try to logically understand other, the more deluded you become.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lots of replies, I love when everyone gets involved 

@Leo Gura You are right. Every time I make progress, my mind comes up with 10000 questions. The hardest part for me is letting it go and accepting uncertainty 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

3 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Which is fine, spin away :D

My monkey mind wants to know everything lol 

I'm starting to realise that understanding doesn't come in the way that my ego wants it to 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

If you suicide they will remain there, other people have committed suicide but I'm still here.

"But if I were to go to that location, the tree, of course, would be lying on the ground, as if it had fallen."

Maybe you're underestimating how much of reality is being dreamed up.

Edited by tenta

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

As Leo says " there is no other game in town". Either arrive at infinite self understanding or keep spinning.  It's just my intuition that I'm capable of infinite self understanding.  I am here and the universe gave me this gift of intellect and the ability and "desire" to understand . It would be ungrateful to not use it. 

The universe doesn't give a bleep about you if you don't realize that YOU are the universe. I don't need Jesus, Buddha, Leo or science to save me.

And all that they tell you is to die before you die and prepare you for death (since you were born), so that you actually believe it.

Death is nothing but a state of mind. See "The Matrix" to understand what I'm talking about.

@tenta Underestimating? That quote of mine was acknowledging the fact... 

49 minutes ago, Member said:

You try DMT but then come back to this reality. You are here to learn something, not to get used by it.

Used by what? I feel like you are missing the context. 

They were saying : Infinity is a concept until experienced. 

So I'm saying: Experience it

Edited by SamueLSD

1 hour ago, tenta said:

other people have committed suicide but I'm still here

You imagine other people, so of course you are still here imagining them gone.

You take yourself for granted.

When you die, the entire universe will die with you. Like a dream.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you know that you will die? Because you see decaying matter and corpses and you convince yourself that's going to happen?

All that we see is a projection of our minds. Death is a state of mind.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

By "you" you mean one character in the Game Of Life?
If one character "dies" the entire reality of this character fades, but You still dream with "others" characters.
Does it sound right for you or I just making some mind stories here? :)  

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

24 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

Used by what? I feel like you are missing the context. 

They were saying : Infinity is a concept until experienced. 

So I'm saying: Experience it

What's good for? You still come back to this reality and experience everything with your "meaty brain". How does that change THIS reality?

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You imagine other people, so of course you are still here imagining them gone.

You take yourself for granted.

You mentioned on a video that you were resisting maha samadhi because you wouldn't want your brother and your mother to suffer your lost, could you connect the dots between that and when I die, the universe will die with me?

Leo posted something really interesting, everyone is super curious what he meant :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Member Evidently you haven't tried it, so I wont bother explaining it to you. Your reasoning is based on nothing

31 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Leo posted something really interesting, everyone is super curious what he meant :D 

where?

40 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

You mentioned on a video that you were resisting maha samadhi because you wouldn't want your brother and your mother to suffer your lost, could you connect the dots between that and when I die, the universe will die with me?

I was resisting the realization that my mother and brother's suffering is just my imagination. It isn't real. It's part of the dream that keeps me attached to the dream.

There is no me from your POV. I am just an idea which keeps you attached to your dream. You invented me so that you could feel real.

6 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

@Member Evidently you haven't tried it, so I wont bother explaining it to you. Your reasoning is based on nothing

Are you sure that your reasoning is not based on your arrogance aka ego? Because I can see a huge ego right there. ;)