Lyubov

Minneapolis protests: White supremacists mad @ lockdown vs Murder of George Floyd

27 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, DivineSoda said:

This is just another opportunity to divide the people. Civil war has been brewing for a long time. Don't fall for it. 

I would argue a nation jump-started by slavery, who's best effort to Rectify and make those people whole happened about two centuries ago and was extremely inadequate, it was stopped by homegrown terrorists to whom the government capitulated, has never not been divided.

This is an opportunity to exploit the division that was already present because we refuse true and complete integration.

41 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

This is a great example of how to act as a conscious individual. If you are a black person in Minneapolis and you have just witnessed one of your people get murdered due to systemic racism how do you react? Are they doing the right thing by protesting? Are they doing the right thing by using aggression? If they don't maybe nothing will change. It's like what Extinction Rebellion co-founder Claire Farrell talks about in which they looked at strategies used throughout the world to create change and discovered that peaceful demonstrations often don't lead to change, at least by doing this all the attention is on it. On the other side of the argument it could lead to more collective ego and us vs them thinking so what's the answer?

I think what a lot of people fail to realize, from their own comfort, is that a minority group in the country feels under attack. From their point of view it is "thugs" stealing TVs and not following the ways of Martin Luther King Jr (who by the way was ridiculed greatly and considered very extreme at his time for protesting, kinda like how people now are classifying these protestors). Inversely from the protestors point of view they feel targeted and under the heel of state sponsored oppression... how would most people react if their government was actively targeting them for suppression? They would rise up and burn down the city.... kinda like what we are seeing. 

You should see the full video of Floyd's murder if you haven't already. Then you will see it's obvious the cop wanted this man dead. It was no accident. Then maybe this will inform future realizations into what's happening in this world right now. Dig deeper than the same news sites you've been following. Nothing is as it appears. The media's response to this is not as it appears. Nor is the local government's response. Nor are the ensuing violent riots.

Open your eyes.  

I talked to a couple right-wing family members about this and they both quickly said it was a terrible video, but the majority of their focus was turned to the damage done by the rioters/looters and how wrong that was.  They don't see the racism.

29 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

I talked to a couple right-wing family members about this and they both quickly said it was a terrible video, but the majority of their focus was turned to the damage done by the rioters/looters and how wrong that was.  They don't see the racism.

Several of my family members had the same reaction. . . . It’s a contraction into prior conditioning, self identity and self preservation. This limits one’s ability to expand their experience, awareness and imagination of what it’s like to be someone else. 

27 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Nothing will repair what's been done to George Floyd though, and that bitter lemon juice hits an open wound for african-american who are and have been at the receiving end of social violence for hundreds of years.

And to add salt in the wounds, Trump is claiming that he is honoring George Floyd’s life and his death will not be in vain. He is trying to take ownership of Floyd’s life to re-enforce and intensify the racist dynamics that led to Floyd’s death (as well as the maltreatment of many poc). It’s red-level manipulation and brutality. I hope more people start realizing how much of a threat Trump is to civilization. 

1 hour ago, DivineSoda said:

You should see the full video of Floyd's murder if you haven't already. Then you will see it's obvious the cop wanted this man dead. It was no accident. Then maybe this will inform future realizations into what's happening in this world right now. Dig deeper than the same news sites you've been following. Nothing is as it appears. The media's response to this is not as it appears. Nor is the local government's response. Nor are the ensuing violent riots.

Open your eyes.  

Thank you!! Well said

It's fkin barbaric 

#BLM

16 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

They accept the racism since its in their ideology 

6 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

My only comfort in this story is to see how many american from all backgrounds - and even some officials- are moved by this story and rallying. It sounds like a lot of progress in comparison to what used to be the standard.

Hopefully this is a true turning point then

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

1 hour ago, DivineSoda said:

Open your eyes.  

Lost for words...

Pure egoism delivery. I only just watched it now. I see what everyone is now protesting about. This is a hard one, I don’t feel the response has been the best it could have been. However, something needs to be done. This primitive nationalistic americanised ideal will rot people’s minds before too long. A ubiquitous cleansing of this demented bureaucracy is required.

Be careful not to conflate this with every governmental practice. Not all governments operate in this way. Nonetheless, clearly America is one of the most deluded, as has been shown since 2003.

Edited by Jacobsrw