astrokeen

A psilocybin playlist - essential for good trips

7 posts in this topic

For my first trip of Lsd, I listened to a psilocybin playlist which was being used by Imperial College London for their study on using psilocybin to cure depression. The music is exquisite and shaped the experience. The playlists have been complied by Mendel Kaelan a neuroscientist at Imperial who has researched the effects of music for people on psychedelics. Mendel Kaelen is probably best known in the world when it comes to created playlists for psychedelic work.:

e.g., LSD modulates music-induced imagery via changes in parahippocampal connectivity," by Mendel Kaelen et al. is published in the European Neuropsychopharmacology.

Here he is an interveiw:

"These playlists are specially designed so the lengths are matched to that of a psilocybin journey and take into account the various stages of a trip such as onset, ascent, peak, return. There are variations on this depending on the creator of the playlist."

The playlists are available on Spotify, as well as from Wavelengths, a company founded by Kaelan:

The one I listened to, a playlist used by my guide/sitter, is available here on Spotify. It is somehow perfect for a psychedelic journey. It is called Psychedelic Therapy Playlist 1.

Edited by astrokeen
changed title

The music at one point appeared to represent the non-dual. I saw it as a play of harmonics - where each harmony represented the myriad expressions of life and the universe.

Here's an example of a track used for the peak. 

I will forever defend Richard Wagner's Vorspiel und Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde as my undisputed favorite psychedelic hymn of all time - but that example is pretty sweet! Will definitely try to listen to the whole playlist some time.

Why so serious?

On 29/05/2020 at 7:41 PM, astrokeen said:

Thank you for sharing ! This music and the playlist are beautiful. 

Have you listened to both of Mendel Kaelen playlists ? Do you have a favorite ?

Edited by knakoo

On 5/29/2020 at 10:41 AM, astrokeen said:

Which specific playlist is this apart of?

My psilocybin playlist is Bob Marley :P

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.