ivory

In need of inspiring non-duality books

24 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Aaron p said:

...I just can't choose between which benefit is my favorite, I'd have to say the perpetual bliss! NO! Being literally immortal! NO!! Id have to go with... understanding everything in existence. Those are my fave maybe hehe. I like the "being literally immortal" one... wouldn't you say @LfcCharlie4 ?

Being Immortal = Realization of The Self = Absolute Peace & Happiness, so I'll go with that one ;)

But, on a serious note, most people start meditating to help their Sleep, Depression or Anxiety etc, naturally for some it will evolve into a deep exploration of truth and awakening, and for others that isn't their path in this lifetime. 

Truth is so life shattering that I just don't feel it should be forced, it literally consumes your life and there is no going back. 

Not for the faint hearted as you know!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

5 hours ago, ivory said:

Man, I've been practicing for quite a while. And what I've learned is that if you do it long enough, you end up hitting dry spots where your motivation runs dry. It's just something that happens. Part of the work is to just keep going. If you're paying attention to life, you notice that the same thing happens in other areas.

No, that´s because you are not really doing intensely enough the practices. That´s how psychedelics work , you end up stopping because they are way too effective.

Meditation 30 minutes a day won´t go it. 1 hour of meditation half a sleep won´t do it either. 

Stike for at least 3 hours of intense Pranayama/Yoga/meditation a day. Consider psychedelic regularly if you can´t keep with this schedule.

Most people understimate how strong egos are, you need to practice enough and absolutely focused so the practice is intense enough to do serious change in your (imaginary) brain chemistry. Most people won´t go anywhere with less that 3 hours of absolutely focused (not half sleep meditation) a day. If you can fast before, better. Survival must be secondary when doing the practices. Thats how serious you have to take this work. 

What I get from your messages is that you are not serious about this work. Either you don´t really have passion for truth, or Maybe you´ll need to suffer a bit more to gain wisdow into what is really important.

Edited by Javfly33

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Meditation 30 minutes a day won´t go it. 1 hour of meditation half a sleep won´t do it either. 

Stike for at least 3 hours of intense Pranayama/Yoga/meditation a day.

Where do you get these numbers from? Right now I do 1.5 hours a day.

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Consider psychedelic regularly if you can´t keep with this schedule.

Oh yeah, I do psychedelics quite regularly. At least every 2 weeks.

Edited by ivory

58 minutes ago, ivory said:

Where do you get these numbers from? Right now I do 1.5 hours a day.

Oh yeah, I do psychedelics quite regularly. At least every 2 weeks.

Personal experience. In my case 1.5hours is not enough. But if I can't keep up with those numbers which is totally normal I'll just do a trip .

Also, as I said, check out of intense/focused you are doing the practice. As I say, if the practice is not motivating you by itself, then you must be doing something wrong. Meditation half ass focused as I said is kind of meh. Maybe try Kundalini Yoga if you are struggling with focus.

Regarding psychedelics, You can't seriously be telling Me that you trip every two weeks and you feel "stuck" bro! Maybe step up the dose, get a little bit of your comfort zone ?

Edited by Javfly33