Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kagaria

How to make exercise less exhausting

26 posts in this topic

Is silencing the mind the only option? I don't like how the physical strain feels like (and who would like that) Is there any advice you would give? I'm sorry if the question is dumb.

explain grammar to an alien ?

I think you need a change in perspective. No pain, no gain. Contemplate how pushing your comfort zone is usually where a deep sense of accomplishment comes from.

That's what it takes, pushing your comfort zone and accepting the strain as a necessary means to an end. Plus, when it's over you feel good, so you can also learn to enjoy it.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Totally. There’s a many ways to make it more pleasant (less exhausting). Train smarter, not harder. Ask yourself why are you needing to do long strenuous activity? Diet changes/adjustments and doing fun active mobility may indeed be all you need. Now to train intelligently means getting the biggest bang for your buck in no matter what exercises you choose to enjoy. Become like a baby or kid again and get creative, hang, jump, sprint, crawl, headstand, whatever draws your attention. Delve in an art like dancing. Do full body exercises, like burpees and body squats, short interval runs with lateral shuffles and backward running. All of this is amazing for encouraging proper elimination and circulation as well as mental clarity and building strength 

i will most likely be making a channel in the near future for this sort of holistic intelligent training to share ideas! 

Edited by DrewNows

I would say practice mindfulness whilst exercising by being aware of your body sensations and thoughts that come up throughout. Some days you'll actually really enjoy it- just be patient. 

Also, depends what type of exercise you're doing and what your goals are but you could also try things you'll find more fun- such as different types of sports or dance.

Don't push yourself too hard all at once, take it slow and consistency is more important than burning yourself out on day 1 :)

P.S. you are sooo pretty!!

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

It starts off pretty torturous to exercise but as your body strengthens and you get used to it you start to enjoy it. Whenever I make progress it feels so extremely rewarding that eventually I started to associate the pains of exercise with making progress. Kinda like if you're on a diet, you learn how to not feel full and to let yourself get hungry before actually eating more, and eventually you associate an empty stomach with losing weight (which obviously that's different from straight starving yourself)

@kagaria here is one great tip, thank me when you apply it ;-) 

While exercising, when going with gravity breathe in, while going against gravity exhale. 

Breathing correctly while exercising play an important role.

well... the struggle is a sign that its working so you shouldnt really avoid the exhaustion... I mean dont overexert but struggling improves your patience and discipline

in other words

no pain no gain

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@kagaria a quote from a book I love:

Remember, exercise places stress on the body. If you don't cultivate enough energy through proper eating, water consumption, sleeping, and energy-building exercises, a traditional approach to exercise will do nothing but break you down.

- How To Eat Move and Be Healthy, Paul Chek

Seems like something you are experiencing, no? This book stresses, and very wisely I think, that health is not about doing some form of exercising that your culture presented you with as beneficial. Health is about developing a relationship with your body. Clearly your body is telling you here, that you don't have the extra energy to spend for working-out. You might consider working-in (as the book calls it) - that is Tai-Chi, Qi-Gong, Breathing, etc.

Have a look at the book and the author, if this speaks to you. He has lots of good videos online also.

This might be helpful:

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele nice point! thank you a lot

On 28-5-2020 at 9:24 AM, kagaria said:

I don't like how the physical strain feels like (and who would like that) Is there any advice you would give? I'm sorry if the question is dumb.

If it was easy, everyone would be running around like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Exercise is hard, but it's worth it. I love the physical strain. Pushing my limits while running is one of the biggest joys for me. You need to callous your mind. 

Also, if you're a beginner take it easy. Over time your muscles will get used to it. 

Edited by Shiva99

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Don't waste your time doing anything in this life if your mind is not silent. Every single thought, emotion, sensation or action you will do, will be absolute egoic-garbage. You are exercising your body only because of egoic, selfish reasons. Only when you are enlightened and the exercising of the body appears, then it is accepted, because it is the will of the universe.

Currently you don't like exercising because it is not the universes wish.

Behind the universe there is infinite power to do any single thing you'll ever want to do. Exercise would be a piece of cake for you. The fact that it is "exhausting" is because you believe the mind telling you "you should do this now" or "this is good for you" instead of simply being aware of being aware, silencing the mind and simply being one with the universe, until the universe itself tells you "Go and do this" and you'll be extremely powerful and joyful to do it, because the mind is silent, only love is present, and love simply abides by the universes command. This is your life. Everything else is delusion.

@IAmTheHolySpirit wow! Thank you for your feedback. Self-conquest is the hardest thing. 

Just now, kagaria said:

@IAmTheHolySpirit wow! Thank you for your feedback. Self-conquest is the hardest thing. 

It is not hard, that is just a thought. The mind told you "This is hard" and now you immediately believe it and type it to me. Look how guillable we are without the discerning wisdom. In a moment we are back in the story of the mind. "It is the hardest thing to be myself" Haha, you are already yourself. You are choicelessly yourself. It is simply a matter of remembering in every single moment until there is no need to remember anymore, it'll be natural for you to be enlightened. I recommend watching Moojiji on youtube

1 minute ago, kagaria said:

@IAmTheHolySpirit good advice. Thanks!!

my life purpose is to be less of an idiot and get self-realized 

Notice that this is the "egoic-minds" purpose.

First of all you are not an idiot. You are aware of "idiocy", is that which is aware of "being an idiot" an idiot? That awareness is closer to who you truly are, so first of all you can't say you are an idiot. It literally is false no matter what. That which is aware of self-realization, can that get "self-realized"? 

"self-realization" is just a trap of the mind to keep you searching for something you already are. There is no way for the mind to get self-realized.

That in you which has a desire for "self-realization" is just the mind. The mind has put another mask, instead of wanting sex, money, drugs, now it is a "higher mind" and now it wants to get self-realized. 

You must realize that this "higher mind" is just pretending, it is not you. You are that which is aware of the higher mind. And you are able to be aware of that awareness. You are already the highest self, the universal consciousness. It literally is a matter of being aware of the identification, and stopping it.

So currently you identify yourself as being "an idiot that wants to be less of an idiot and to get self-realized"

There is an awareness of that "idiot", otherwise you couldn't say "Yes, I am an idiot and I want to get self-realized"
The fact that we are able to say "there is an awareness of that idiot" means we can be aware even of awareness itself.

So there is an idiot, there is something that is aware of it, and there is YOU, aware of the awareness that is aware of it. You are not even close to an idiot, actually you are in a completely different dimension. You are the source of all existence actually. You are literally one with that. Just stop believing the mind and its delusions. The mind creates self-images about itself, I want to be self-realized... I am currently an idiot... But whatever self-image there is, it is only an image. Fiction. Not real. Not fact. Not truth. All complete nonsense, just thoughts believed in. Do not believe any single thought, emotion or sensation, for you are that which is beyond them, and are choicelessly aware of all of them. 

On 28/05/2020 at 4:54 AM, kagaria said:

Is silencing the mind the only option? I don't like how the physical strain feels like (and who would like that) Is there any advice you would give? I'm sorry if the question is dumb.

Do it. Make it routine. Similar to cardio, you get the lifters high. I get angry if I don't train.