Someone here

how to disprove solipsism ?

346 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Solipsism debunked.   I can't believe that. Thank you very much. I appreciate it! Thanks 

You're welcome, but for real?

@Memberhiw@Memberhow how do I have the power to change future?

@The observer what I mean is awareness can't be in two places at the same time. If you have an awareness and I Have one and we can't access each other's awareness that's all we need to disprove solipsism.   Now I'm just reading your reply but I'm considering it from your POV.  I can't even verify that you actually have an independent existence but in the relative context I assumed that. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How? 

I don't know 'how' because I'm still searching for it but I used to believe that we have no free will = we're just machines, everything is all there is, infinite consciousness. I want to change that and start believing in myself again. I guess that's the purpose of faith.

8 minutes ago, Member said:

I don't know 'how' because I'm still searching for it but I used to believe that we have no free will = we're just machines, everything is all there is, infinite consciousness. I want to change that and start believing in myself again. I guess that's the purpose of faith.

Facts don't care about your feelings. I guess. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Facts don't care about your feelings. I guess. 

Facts are bullshit, people tell you that this and that happened and you start to identify with their stories and think "yeah, that's it, it makes sense". Then it doesn't make sense anymore. I could tell you to look deep inside you but that already a cliche. What I know for sure is that you can't escape from you. You are here for a reason.

@Someone here

Everyone, and everything, is always telling you. It’s the song of the birds & the punchline we breath, & “you tell me” enslaves it all. Quantum mechanics is understandable, yet someone here can not. What appears theoretical is the grail of intimacy. Absolutely unreachable, yet beyond the traverse of the meta. Just a sign pointing to intuition, a symbol to go and see yourself.  What’s one more chirp. I hear ya. Maybe in another life. Maybe not. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

03700.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The All is Mind; The Universe is Mental

The Kybalion.

The Seven Hermetic Principles. “The Principles of Truth are Seven; he who knows these, understandingly,
possesses the Magic Key before whose touch all the Doors of the Temple fly open.”

The Seven Hermetic Principles, upon which the entire Hermetic Philosophy is based, are as follows:

I. The Principle of Mentalism.

II. The Principle of Correspondence.

III. The Principle of Vibration.

IV. The Principle of Polarity.

V. The Principle of Rhythm.

VI. The Principle of Cause and Effect.

VII. The Principle of Gender.

These Seven Principles will be discussed and explained as we proceed with these lessons. A short explanation of each, however, may as well be given at this point. The Kybalion 

“The All is Mind; The Universe is Mental.”

. This Principle embodies the truth that “All is Mind.” It explains that The All (which is the Substantial Reality underlying all the outward manifestations and appearances which we know under the terms of “The Material Universe”; the “Phenomena of Life”; “Matter”; “Energy”; and, in short, all that is apparent to our material senses) is Spirit, which in itself is Unknowable and Undefinable, but which may be considered and thought of as An Universal, Infinite, Living Mind. It also explains that all the phenomenal world or universe is simply a Mental Creation of The All, subject to the Laws of Created Things, and that the universe, as a whole, and in its parts or units, has its existence in the Mind of The All, in which Mind we “live and move and have our being.” This Principle, by establishing the Mental Nature of the Universe, easily explains all of the varied mental and psychic phenomena that occupy such a large portion of the public attention, and which, without such explanation, are non‑understandable and defy scientific treatment. An understanding of this great Hermetic Principle of Mentalism enables the individual to readily grasp the laws of the Mental Universe, and to apply the same to his well‑being and advancement. The Hermetic Student is enabled to apply intelligently the great Mental Laws, instead of using them in a haphazard manner. With the Master‑Key in his possession, the student may unlock the many doors of the mental and psychic temple of knowledge, and enter the same freely and intelligently. This Principle explains the true nature of “Energy,” “Power,” and “Matter,” and why and how all these are subordinate to the Mastery of Mind. One of the old Hermetic Masters wrote, long ages ago: “He who grasps the truth of the Mental Nature of the Universe is well advanced on The Path to Mastery.” And these words are as true to‑day as at the time they were first The Seven Hermetic Principles 11 written. Without this Master‑Key, Mastery is impossible, and the student knocks in vain at the many doors of The Temple.

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Solipsism debunked.   I can't believe that. Thank you very much. I appreciate it! Thanks 

Great!

@Jacobsrw In your face. Ha! ???

5 minutes ago, The observer said:

Great!

@Jacobsrw In your face. Ha! ???

Haha dude he still hasn’t understood it. He continues to interrogate this inquiry through more thinking. Read above comments. Thinking cannot be validated by more thinking.

32 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Memberhiw@Memberhow how do I have the power to change future?

@The observer what I mean is awareness can't be in two places at the same time. If you have an awareness and I Have one and we can't access each other's awareness that's all we need to disprove solipsism.   Now I'm just reading your reply but I'm considering it from your POV.  I can't even verify that you actually have an independent existence but in the relative context I assumed that. 

Realise awareness is impersonal, beyond all “I’s” and you will realise solipsism is a delusion. You do not require the dualism of mind to do this.

Edited by Jacobsrw

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Haha dude he still hasn’t understood it. He continues to interrogate this inquiry through more thinking. Read above comments. Thinking cannot be validated by more thinking.

Plot twist :  There is no me. It's all just YOU?. 

-Osho

17 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

03700.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The All is Mind; The Universe is Mental

The Kybalion.

The Seven Hermetic Principles. “The Principles of Truth are Seven; he who knows these, understandingly,
possesses the Magic Key before whose touch all the Doors of the Temple fly open.”

The Seven Hermetic Principles, upon which the entire Hermetic Philosophy is based, are as follows:

II. The Principle of Correspondence.

III. The Principle of Vibration.

IV. The Principle of Polarity.

V. The Principle of Rhythm.

VI. The Principle of Cause and Effect.

VII. The Principle of Gender.

These Seven Principles will be discussed and explained as we proceed with these lessons. A short explanation of each, however, may as well be given at this point. The Kybalion 

“The All is Mind; The Universe is Mental.”

. This Principle embodies the truth that “All is Mind.” It explains that The All (which is the Substantial Reality underlying all the outward manifestations and appearances which we know under the terms of “The Material Universe”; the “Phenomena of Life”; “Matter”; “Energy”; and, in short, all that is apparent to our material senses) is Spirit, which in itself is Unknowable and Undefinable, but which may be considered and thought of as An Universal, Infinite, Living Mind. It also explains that all the phenomenal world or universe is simply a Mental Creation of The All, subject to the Laws of Created Things, and that the universe, as a whole, and in its parts or units, has its existence in the Mind of The All, in which Mind we “live and move and have our being.” This Principle, by establishing the Mental Nature of the Universe, easily explains all of the varied mental and psychic phenomena that occupy such a large portion of the public attention, and which, without such explanation, are non‑understandable and defy scientific treatment. An understanding of this great Hermetic Principle of Mentalism enables the individual to readily grasp the laws of the Mental Universe, and to apply the same to his well‑being and advancement. The Hermetic Student is enabled to apply intelligently the great Mental Laws, instead of using them in a haphazard manner. With the Master‑Key in his possession, the student may unlock the many doors of the mental and psychic temple of knowledge, and enter the same freely and intelligently. This Principle explains the true nature of “Energy,” “Power,” and “Matter,” and why and how all these are subordinate to the Mastery of Mind. One of the old Hermetic Masters wrote, long ages ago: “He who grasps the truth of the Mental Nature of the Universe is well advanced on The Path to Mastery.” And these words are as true to‑day as at the time they were first The Seven Hermetic Principles 11 written. Without this Master‑Key, Mastery is impossible, and the student knocks in vain at the many doors of The Temple.

Do you have a link for the whole book? 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Do you have a link for the whole book? 

type this in google> 

the kybalion pdf

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Someone here Watch this, it may be helpful.

OK thanks. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

type this in google> 

the kybalion pdf

Alright lol. 

-Osho

@Someone here Can you really? Aren't I just torturing myself in order to become what you want to be? I feel like we literally spend all our life wondering how to create something as beautiful as God but what is there really to prove aside from yourself (or myself) avoiding the truth?  Just how deep are we willing to dive inside a fractal of painful beauty in order to be something? I don't even know how to get out of hell anymore (I mean, how do you stop being the devil, the universe is literally heaven).

Edited by gswva

23 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

would Spira agree with this statement "everything is imaginary" ?

@Nak Khid  "would Spira agree with this statement "everything is imaginary" ?"  Do you? If so, then who is doing the imagining? An imaginary mind? I find statements about "everything" impossible to understand logically, because of the self-reference. But maybe that's your point :)

1 hour ago, Jacobsrw said:

I watched that, but never convinced me.

I'm still considering solipsism, if not accurately, to be a very close thing to what the Truth is