Someone here

how to disprove solipsism ?

346 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Reality is only what is outside of your mind 

Where is this "outside of my mind"?.  I mean I can see what's outside of my body. But what if the body and what's outside of it are contained inside my mind just like in a dream? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, The observer said:

Sigh...

You are in fact pointing to your own delusions. I am not interested in that. My statements don't have secret meanings/messages. That's all simply your delusion. You are being oversensitive, and reading too much between the lines that you literally create something out of nothing. That's not my problem. I cannot control how you interpret what I say. A man may say "I love you" to his wife, and she might perceive it as being cheated on. It's clearly not the man's problem.

Now, please get offended by the example. Seriously, go on. Assume that I am undermining your masculinity, that I am going to sleep with you at night, and that everything I said up to this point was merely to get into your pants. LMAO.

Hahaha you’re aren’t very good at taking your own advice  xD

One attempts to hint an important pointer you then attack them while naively assuming you know already what they have pointed to, interesting display of hypocrisy there. Consider adopting more humbleness.

Clearly you have much to improvement in regards to producing in productive discussion. You are yet to realise the one you are have been critiquing the the entire time is in fact yourself (full circle). I recommend you integrate the work, it is clear you are stuck in conceptualsation from what has been displayed in your rhetoric here.

I wish you well moving forward.

Edited by Jacobsrw

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

what if the body and what's outside of it are contained inside my mind just like in a dream? 

They are, except that they're not yours, but rather universal.

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Probability wave functions. 

:)

And what’s a “probability wave function”? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

:)

And what’s a “probability wave function”? 

You tell me. 

Hint : if you think you understand quantum mechanics you don't understand quantum mechanics. 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, The observer said:

They are, except that they're not yours, but rather universal.

So then what are you? 

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I can see what's outside of my body. But what if the body and what's outside of it are contained inside my mind just like in a dream? 

if the body and what's outside of it are contained inside you mind dreams don't exist

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Where is this "outside of my mind"?.  I mean I can see what's outside of my body. But what if the body and what's outside of it are contained inside my mind just like in a dream? 

You are still assuming a mind prior to the awareness that created it. Fundamentally, there is no mind. To solemnly belief there is, is to grant the solipsistic paradigm, which is just pure illusion equivalent to each precipitating thought.

Go to your direct experience and ask these questions. Continuing to interrogate this inquiry through conceptualising is of little good. It’s just using thinking to validate more thinking.

Edited by Jacobsrw

Solipsism is the position that the mind is the only thing that can be known to exist and that knowledge of anything outside the mind is unjustified.

It is not, however, the same as Skepticism, the position that one should refrain from even making truth claims.

see Skepticism at link >

https://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_skepticism.html

2 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

if the body and what's outside of it are contained inside you mind dreams don't exist

I actually had a very vivid dream last night that made all this more serious. What if my whole life was just a big giant ass dream and you guys are just a figment of my imagination?.   And what's more crazy is that it can't ever be disproven lmao.   This is insane lol xD

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

You are still assuming a mind prior to the awareness that created it. Fundamentally, there is no mind. To solemnly belief there is, is to grant the solipsistic paradigm, which is just pure illusion equivalent to each precipitating thought.

Go to your direct experience and ask these questions. Continuing to interrogate this inquiry through conceptualising is of little good. It’s just thinking, using more thinking.

Yes the way I understand what you are saying is that there is not even "me" or "my mind".  That's even more solipsism. Forget about the term itself you get the idea.  In your response to @The observer you said he is yourself. That seems to contradict what you say here. It's like either all that there is is present experience and thers is no others or they have an independent mind that might be connected to the same field of awareness but nevertheless independent.  Just choose one of them. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So then what are you? 

I am you. Existence. Universe. God. Consciousness. Imagination. Whatever you wanna call it.

1 minute ago, The observer said:

I am you. Existence. Universe. God. Consciousness. Imagination. Whatever you wanna call it.

Hello me!  What am I doing right now? 

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Hello me!

Hello!

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What am I doing right now? 

Ask your stomach and see if it can answer. Do you expect me to know? I know nothing about you except what you tell me.

Edited by The observer

Just now, The observer said:

Hello!

Ask your stomach and see if it can answer. Why do you expect me to know? I know nothing about you except what you tell me.

Solipsism debunked.   I can't believe that. Thank you very much. I appreciate it! Thanks 

-Osho

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What if my whole life was just a big giant ass dream and you guys are just a figment of my imagination?.  

it would make no difference 

5 minutes ago, Member said:

You are not powerless aka you have free will even though it appears you don't.

How? 

-Osho