Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monkey_in_suit

physical copy vs kindle

physical copy vs kindle   12 members have voted

1. 1. physical copy vs kindle

• physical copy
    • kindle

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

What is your opinion on reading physical copy of book vs kindle?

I'm seriously thinking to move from physical copy to kindle due to easier note taking in my onenote and easier translation of words(not native english speaker reading in english).

One problem is I have sometimes trouble falling asleep and I read usually before going to bed. Kinda worried that watching at screen before sleeping could incease my insomnia problems.

Kindle readers,do you have problem with falling asleep if you are reading before going to bed?

I wish I could have a physical copy of all the books in the whole wide world. :x

But then.... My house will be full of books and no place to sleep. :(

So right now I just use kindle which I obviously don't like. Ugh. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

12 hours ago, Monkey_in_suit said:

Kindle readers,do you have problem with falling asleep if you are reading before going to bed?

Not at all.

I find it cool to have a device with dozens of books that I can take anywhere. I usually juggle with 2/3 books at a time so it's nice to have them in one place.

@Monkey_in_suit

With Kindle you can read a lot more books and they offer recommendations to your preferred genre. 

If you are a casual reader, I wouldn't recommend it. If you read a fair amount, get it. 

No, you won't have trouble falling asleep. It's not the same type of screen. 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

I just use kindle because I'm a minimalist. But if I had the space I would prefer a physical book

The transition from physical books to digital books, just another example everything becoming digital. I have a romantic preference for things which "feel real". I want to sit next to a real fire, burning coal or wood. Not a fake holographic fire which is just a radiator running on electricity. I love nature.  

Everything is becoming mechanised and identical. Millions and millions of office cubicles all repetitively arranged, all of them the exact same shade of grey, with the exact same chair, with the exact same desk. Takes the life out of life. 
I prefer handwriting to typing things. Handwriting has a certain flair, idiosyncratic nature to it that I'm attracted to. In contrast to this digital form of transcription where the thoughts and emotions of all authors blend together to form this grey, dull conglomeration of binary digits. 

The random fascination and resistance I have to certain aspects of technology is just a manifestation of something deeper, not sure what yet. I like dystopian novels and films because of it. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The best way to read a book is the best way that works for you.

Assuming we're talking about non-fiction, you're going to get the same information no matter which method you use. The question, which way is the best way for you to receive and learn that information? Figure out what type of learner you are. Auditory? Use an audiobook. Kinesthetic? Use a physical book. Visual? A digital copy would serve you fine. Take an online test, google "Learning style test" and go from there!