QandC

A Day in the Life of a Buddhist Monk

15 posts in this topic

...or just stick to psychedelics :) 

Edited by QandC

- Enter your fear and you are free -

I’d totally join a monastery and become a monk if they allowed psychedelics.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

@QandC

His life is awesome. Wish I could be in a place like that. 

I love how he says morning puja. He is so devoted to the puja.

Awesome guy. Lovely.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

34 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

I’d totally join a monastery and become a monk if they allowed psychedelics.  

lots of budhists sects allow chedelics ,get informed

@QandC I actually watched this! Found it fascinating. If true, interesting how one from a western demographic integrates the eastern lifestyle.

I might give this a go later in life, who knows.. as a young guy, no way, I'll take the roller coaster instead. 

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Verdesbird

that sounds wild. Can you tell which ones you mean? Btw 17 years as a buddhist monk and it boils down to "at least I have a purpose"? There must be more to him than that.

Edited by molosku

Imagine Leo and him having a conversation: "ENLIGHTENMENT FIGHT! ENLIGHTENMENT FIGHT!" lol jk but still, I also sometimes just wanna get away from it all and become a monk, but I bet that I'd regret it after a couple of days, maybe even hours

@molosku

I think there is a lot more to him than that. That was a surface level response. I feel like the amount of purification and integration he's done makes him chill. He may not be enlightened, but he's probably wouldn't hurt a fly. I met a awesome monk at a monastery in Thailand once. He said hes been doing vipassana 8 hours a day for the past 5 years. Super nice guy, present and free.

The monastic life is basically 24/7 mindfulness. 

QandC...or just stick to psychedelics :) 

The meditative state this Buddhist monk is talking about is completely different  from psychedelic states, virtually  opposite 

8 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

The meditative state this Buddhist monk is talking about is completely different  from psychedelic states, virtually  opposite 

How do you know? For who? 

Hmmm, sounds like a pretty chill kind of life to me... I especially like the not having to worry about money part.

I wonder if they're allowed to read other books besides Buddhist scripture though - or listen to music other than Buddhist chants. If not, then that would probably be a major deal breaker for me.

Why so serious?

On 28/05/2020 at 4:00 AM, QandC said:

Imagine Leo and him having a conversation: "ENLIGHTENMENT FIGHT! ENLIGHTENMENT FIGHT!" lol jk but still, I also sometimes just wanna get away from it all and become a monk, but I bet that I'd regret it after a couple of days, maybe even hours

It would be a good stage to move through regarding purifying the mind, since most of us are deluded by it.

However, it’s important to remember that Buddhism is limited and only provides part of the Absolute. The rest lies far beyond it. One would have to eventually abandon Buddhism and allow reality to inform them of the entire picture.

Im not sure but he is probably Stage Blue SD. Hard to judge a person w/o knowing him actually.

Mahadev