Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LiberatedMonkey

Summer Vacation

3 posts in this topic

I just finished my first year of college and have the option to work 8 hrs a day doing heavy manual labor or go full bore at figuring out my life purpose during my 3-month summer vacation. I've been working on and off on Leo's life purpose course for the past two years. So far I've made it all the way to the part of the course that's dealing with figuring out my zone of genius, which, has been sort of difficult and have developed some resistance to. Financially I'm doing pretty good, about 6k for next entire semester, which is going to be fully online due to COVID. However, I feel as if I should be working to make more money as I always did during my vacations for the past 3 years, but I also see this time as an opportunity to figure out my life purpose.

So what I'm asking is would it be possible to work and still be able to work on finding my life purpose?

I feel like this is a dumb question to ask, but I just want to see what y'all have to say.

If its only to make money and you dont need it, I wouldnt do the job.

If its in a field that is interesting to you and could help you find your LP you could do both. The course and going to work.

Basically: Time > Money.

While extra money is always nice it will be much better for your future to figure out how you want your life to be. Now don't get me wrong if you grind out this summer and built up a good contribution for retirement, business funding, etc it could be a worthwhile grind. However, if it has taken this long to do the course and you have the time and finances I would invest this into your own personal growth.