TheHealer

This worries me.

18 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about two different things that the owner of this site has said in separate videos. One is "there is no such thing as free will"... The other is "god is indifferent" and then he goes on to say that "God doesn't care if you go and murder someone" . For a mentally unstable person, these two messages could lead to actual homicide. Leo is basically saying that murder is not only OK, but that if you murdered someone, it wouldn't be your fault. Very dangerous. I remember seeing a post which said Leo could be the devil and I didn't take it seriously. But thinking about it... Didn't the devil try to convince you he didn't exist... Just like what Leo is doing? 

12 minutes ago, TheHealer said:

"God doesn't care if you go and murder someone"

basically saying that murder is OK

Those are not equivalent, and taking stuff like that out of context is stupid. God doesn't care, but humans care, because humans care about survival.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@TheHealer You are viewing these bigger-picture perspectives from a limited vantage point - your mind. 

Open your mind a little. Leo obviously isn't condoning murder! This entire website is based on helping people. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

1 hour ago, TheHealer said:

But thinking about it... Didn't the devil try to convince you he didn't exist... Just like what Leo is doing? 

@TheHealer So who is the devil?

It’s a contradiction which seems to arise between two different aspects of Buddhism/Hinduism. 

1. You should not do any living creature any harm or kill them so as to avoid creating suffering,

2. There is no one really there to suffer, just the appearance of suffering.

This is a contradiction. If there is suffering, there seems to be something which suffers, I.e. some essence, the essence which is thought to be reborn in a karmic cycle of death/rebirth.

But, there is no one really there, no distinct entity which will be reborn. There is no individual essence or identity to suffer. From the perspective of God, there is no you, so from that absolute perspective there is no one to kill, no one to suffer, thus, indifference to such. Does God suffer from the same illusions as the imagined person does?

We are communal animals, imprinted with the desire to protect others in our group for survival advantages, and thus we are born with this nature to not do harm to those we identify with. When we observe that there is little difference between us and many animals, we extend this identity to them also, and as such our sheltering from harm. This non harming principle has been distilled into our creation myths, extending to the idea of a loving God, the highest principle which is the source of our built in moral principle of non-harm to sentient creatures. But it is a human distinction from our relative human perspective. As a human, reliant and dependent on others and other creatures and ecosystems for survival, our bodies dependent on causes and conditions, we are beholden to this non harming principle for survival. But from such a universal and absolute perspective as God, with the power to create and destroy, can we hold God to the same principles as we do as relative and limited creatures?

@TheHealer Don't think of purple elephants. I mean it, don't think of them. If you do you go to hell. Certainly don't think of one eating an ice cream cone. I can't even tell you what will happen to you then. 

Is the mind made to obey? 

If you had a child, would you love him unconditionally? Would you tell him everyday of his life that if he steals from you, you'll stop loving him? If you did that, would you really expect him to never steal from you? Or would you expect his need for unconditional love to outweigh his fear, and the power of your suggestion of what not to do to eat away at him until he freed himself of it? 

Understanding this kind of psychology, the tendency to play devil's advocate in oneself, is necessary to understanding oneness. 

Do you see how indifferent and unconditional can point to the same thing? Isn't this in itself the greatest freedom? The greatest Love? Would you have it any other way?

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

If people would do everything Leo says that would be amazing!

Maybe he should start to say. "God doesnt care if you help poor people, go to vote, meditate and work very hard on your life purpose to bring the most value to our society". People would magically start doing all that.

Wow. Mind = Blown xD 

I've been thinking about two different things

That's the source of your worrisome, let it go ;) 

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

22 minutes ago, dimitri said:

That's the issue, let it go ;) 

Yeah, unfortunately, due to spiritual teachers like Eckhart Tolle, thinking is not encouraged these days. ?

Some people meditate so much that their mental faculties become impaired and they neglect practical things like washing themselves and doing household chores. 

If you "think" thinking is a problem, you have been misled. ?

9 minutes ago, TheHealer said:

If you "think" thinking is a problem, you have been misled. ?

I think thinking is "good" as long as you feel good. 

I am sure that thinking is a "problem" if "This worries me." is involved.

Let it go ;) 

Edited by dimitri

22 hours ago, mandyjw said:

13 minutes ago, dimitri said:

I "think" thinking is "good" as long as you feel good. 

I am sure that thinking is a "problem" if "This worries me." is involved.

You quoted me and put "thinking" in italics and said this was an issue. 

So it is clear that you believe thinking in general is an issue. 

Edited by TheHealer

8 minutes ago, TheHealer said:

You quoted me and put "thinking" in italics and said this was an issue. 

So it is clear that you believe thinking in general is an issue. 

Imagine 2 kids: Alice and Bob.

Alice wants to build a castle from sand, it feels amazing to her. She thinks how to build it, how much sand to use, etc... Amazing.

Bob afraid to go to the yard without parents. He thinks that there is a scary evil monster in the yard, he feels terrible about it.

So, Bob stays at home all the time...

While Alice builds amazing castles...

:)

PS: you are Bob from my perspective. Something worries you. You ask the question and reinforce it. So, I suggest you to let go and be Alice.

@Spaceofawareness There isn't a contradiction. One is absolute truth and one is relative truth.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You know what worries me. 

I can't keep up with kardashians or lets explain it better. I was wondering garden as Adam and all of a sudden garden turned against me exposing me so hard. 

When someone creates content for mass consumption, there is always the risk that the content will be misinterpreted. 

The content that Leo is creating has such a great depth that this type of content was typically passed down from a single teacher to a few students.

Leo doesn't know his "students". Therefore, there is a risk that one of his "students" is insane. Does that mean that the content should not be available? Look at the number of people in this thread that are defending Leo. How many people has he helped at the cost of one insane person going more insane? 

There are risks to everything that we do in life but some risks are worth taking. All power to him. 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:11 PM, TheHealer said:

"God doesn't care if you go and murder someone" . 

such statements are devilry

to love is to care

not to accept everything

To worry about imagination and other people that haven't the slightest thing to do with your life is the slickest devilry