Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forrest Adkins

I think I have BPD, what do I do?

2 posts in this topic

It sounds like a therapist would be wise yes. Getting into a relationship and chasing girls at this moment wouldn't be a wise thing. Having such insecurities and low self-esteem will likely sabotage any relationship you get yourself into. Having a girlfriend won't magically solve your problems either. People think having a partner cures so many things but it doesn't, that's a trap.

Deleting phone contacts, distancing yourself, and doing drugs are forms of escapism. This doesn't help deal with your feelings, it only exacerbates them. Consider engaging more with life and people even when you don't feel like it emotionally or have the energy. This will actually boost your self-esteem, you'll find people are way more easy going and accepting than your brain is telling you.

Of course being lonely and doing a complete 180 to an extroverted party lover won't be authentic or even possible. So you need to learn to love your solitude while you have it. Find things you really enjoy doing and that are worth your time, stuff that occupies your mind so you aren't stewing in your negative emotions.

Hope this helps - Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege