Tiny Nietzsche

Can't choose, HELP, My crossroad at 25

32 posts in this topic

- I'm 25, No Debt, No any responsibility
- I have $5K, Choice are:
1. Buy a new gaming computer for Cyberpunk 2077 ($5K is used for 4K at 60FPS, Monitor included, If It's not 4K & 60FPS, I wouldn't play at all)
2. Invest to another thing I interest (It probably won't make money, But I really like it, It's also a skill)

If I use money to 2, I wouldn't have for 1

I have to decide in this August, been talking to myself, can't settle it yet.. For that game, I really want to play it, I'm really hyped about it more than ever, I want to play it at day one of release, If I don't play it, I'm quite sure I would regret.. Besides, that gaming computer will also be for any upcoming games (for max setting in 3-4 years atleast)

But If I choose 1, I'm afraid I will regret too, I know, Wasting time on playing games gives nothing, As the time goes by.. Because the thing that I'm worrying about more than money spent is time, I guess approximately 1000 hrs I'd spend on it until i get bored (This doesn't even include another upcoming games in the future).. I'm 25 already.. Am I sleep walking to my life?  Should I be more serious about my life?

But consider If I use that logic >> Game gives nothing <<, In fact, Everything in life is the same at someday of our life, You know what I mean, Nothing matters..

Much appreciated for reading my problem.. I still don't have an answer for it.. 
Can I have your opinion?

Always trust your gut but i would also say you could make your life into a real life video game with that money and actualized.org. Things like life purpose are some of the best ways to get fufillment.

I do recommend what @Felli said. Even if you feel that nothing matters in life at last but you might help some people in the way and for them it might be helpful. I'm 2 years younger than you, but I do say what other elders say: Why play a game inside a game?

@Tiny Nietzsche I think you know what the high consciousness and what the low consciousness decision is.

You could easily buy a ps5 and a monitor for 600 bucks and have pretty much the same experience. (trust me the difference isn't that noticeable, you´ll focus on the gameplay and not the fucking detailed flowers on the ground

But you are right, it doesn't matter.  But by that logic why not do something amazing, why not turn your life around.  Why not find a girl you love and go on adventures. Why not create beautiful art, why not realize your true nature, cure all your addiction, and become the kind of person you really want to be. Why not take a few months off from work and go travel. 

Think about a person you admire. What would they do in your situation? 

You could learn how to set up a Roth IRA and invest for retirement. Even just putting a portion of that out into a index fund like the S&P 500 could give you a sizable return. You could start a business as well. You could also invest into your own development, books, seminars, retreats, water purifier, etc. You could probably just get a budget gaming system and do a lot of what I mentioned above. 

Set apart 100 bucks and do some psychedelics before making the decisionxDxDxD

I'm serious.

It seems like you already intuit that option 1 is a rabbit hole you no longer need to explore and dig into. Thus, I'd recommend you try to move on to the next thing. Invest in some other, higher interests or simply save the money and work on other essentials.

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

Invest your money and just wait for the PS5 or Series X. The exclusives on PlayStation are ridiculous and you won’t ever get those on pc. 

Moderation is key. Make gaming a side thing and find your creative passion and focus on that.

Fuck the games. :P

You are already on these forums, so you will be bored with them soon. You can always watch a walkthrough of that game that you want to play so bad.

If $5k is all you have and the PC costs $5k then you simply don't have enough money to buy that PC.

If you had like $50k for example, that would be a different question, but in this situation I think the answer is clear. What will you pay for emergencies with, or maybe you will want or have to move to another city, what then?

Finding yourself a life purpose and then using that little amount of money to make your first steps in that direction would be the wisest decision in my opinion.

I would say also forget about investing it in financial instruments, it's such a small amount that the only good investment for it is in some tools, stock, or software needed to start a business.

Also, the psychedelics suggestion is great, research them and buy yourself some LSD or magic mushrooms, that will save you the trouble of mustering enough courage to say no to spending money you don't have on a toy you don't really need. 

Buy that gaming computer 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You're going to burn all of your money on a PC to play Cyberpunk???

This is your "crossroad"???

Lol

Good luck with life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, Tiny Nietzsche said:

If It's not 4K & 60FPS, I wouldn't play at all

Ah if only you've grown up like me. No money and had to scour the internet for free games as a kid.

You ain't a true gamer yet if you haven't enjoyed the likes of Neverball and Dink Smallwood. :P

If your going to spend 5k on a pc. Atleast try to stream or something to make the dollars in return.  I bought a pc for 700 when I was 16. But shit. Make the best of the 5 remaining years in the prime of your life. The future is waiting for you to do amazing things. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

this is the one video game I want to play. I haven't played video games in almost 8 years. I found out you can stream this game when it comes out so I will do that. Can play it on my old macbook with a $15 controller. Just do that. Save the rest of the money and buy a cool cheap sports bike to impress girls. 

?? jump on second hand websites . lots of people upgreat their pc and sell their 2019 pc dirt cheap, or just go to some friend with a great PC and pay him 10€ to let you play for a whole day and get your fix, something along these lines.  if gaming is what you want to keep doing.

for me what helped was realizing that every time i sit at my PC to play League of Legends, I'm just skipping time, nothing else.

This exact moment  and situation I find myself in, I will stay in, for as long as I keep playing. So imagine yourself at 25, playing Cyberpunk 2077. then yourself at 35, playing cyberpunk 2088. then yourself at 45 playing cyberpunk 2099. In the same house. in the same job. with the same friends. etc.

this may help you to get some leverage. If not, that's okay. the desire to change must come from within. " guilt " may be used as leverage but only deep intrinsic inspiration will get you some sort of transformation

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

really 5000 $ on a pc !!!

you can play cyberpunk and still hell enjoy it on a 500$ pc 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Dude, don't spend $5k on a PC. Build your own PC and save thousands of dollars. Then put the rest of the money into investments.

Yes, you are sleep walking. You still don't realize the value of money. Reading a book on investments and taking action right now, before it's too late, is the difference between being a wage slave in 15 years and being free.

If you want to invest in another skill, you can do that too. But there isn't a skill on earth that costs $5k just to learn.

Edited by smurf88