StarStruck

Self help and accepting how you are

47 posts in this topic

The whole notion of "good enough" are just standards we construct and set for ourselves.

Do self-help because you love yourself and want to be better for the world.

hrhrhtewgfegege

The most paradoxical part of it all, is the more you accept and love yourself, the more improvement and growth you will want to do. 

And then the more growth and improvement you do, the more conscious you become and then you simply want to be the best you can be not only for your own fulfilment, but to be of best service to the world, and spread love and happiness in your own way, whether that’s helping people get in shape and get healthy, spreading Non-Duality, entertaining people with your music or sports etc but the point is these things are certainly not in contrast with each other. 

In fact accepting yourself truly is the first step to growth, as it will help overcome a lot of left over resistance you have inside yourself. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Accepting and letting go are two tools you can use to parent yourself. 

Actual parents use these two behaviors too. A good parent knows when to accept (give love) and when to let go (let the child unleash). 

Letting go is like letting a arrow go from a bow. When you are a good parent you don’t push them. You let them “unleash” like an arrow from a bow. 

Letting the arrow unleash without enough pull (self love), Will makte the arrow not go so far. That is why parents who give a lot of love to their children, have children who make it very far. Love is a currency. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's about actualizing your potential. A human being isn't born complete. A human being must work on herself to become great and God-like. This has nothing to do with not accepting yourself. Greatness requires effort. Even accepting yourself requires effort.

You only have two options in life: to be mediocre and shitty, or great. If you don't make the effort to be great, you will be shitty by default. Devilry is the default position for humans. Unbecoming a devil takes a lifetime of work.

What's the point in putting this effort into turning a human great, if the human dies in the end? 

11 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

What's the point in putting this effort into turning a human great, if the human dies in the end? 

not to be human and to be nothing as everything , so you cant die :) when body dies you wont go anywhere you just will be witness of death of the body. At that time you will analyze that you are not in the mind, you are the consciousness. You are the room that you seeing. Eyes dont see anything, you just put meaning of it (eyes can see, because i am in the mind, these are all words). Infinite consciousness is aware and being of your room. Eyes and body will be gone. And you will be still there as nothing and infinite. Lol

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@WHO IS Same reason for doing anything - for the fun and joy of it.

Why eat a delicious meal when it will be gone in 10 minutes - for the tase. 

Why get into a relationship that will one day end- for the love and joy of it. 

Everything will end, that’s part of the game. 

Life is a celebration, enjoy it! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

The separate sense of self is never satisfied... it always feels like something's missing and needs to be changed... it always feels there is a better position than its current position. 

This is a form of seeking continuously running on the hamster wheel until you die...

The constant seeking and not feeling adequate perpetuates the belief in the illusory separate sense of self that will one day become satisfied...

If you are seeking for a better position in life you are asleep in the dream.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

What I'm wondering is that people claim they reached the highest truths on this forum, became God, and in the same breath they tell us they still have problems with addictions, procrastination, bad behavior and other stuff. Isn't that humiliating?

In Tate we trust

Self help is no different than spirituality - you are trying to GET SOMEWHERE. 

Self help is a result of society telling you you are not okay as you are

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

What I'm wondering is that people claim they reached the highest truths on this forum, became God, and in the same breath they tell us they still have problems with addictions, procrastination, bad behavior and other stuff. Isn't that humiliating?

I was addicted to marijuana. Let me tell you how it works, thought comes and tell me i should smoke mj, but there is no I. If you listen it and smoke it, you associate yourself with thought, which makes your one part stuck in duality. Less thoughts more god, more thoughts less god or more human. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

11 hours ago, WHO IS said:

There's no other game in town. What's the point of being mediocre?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Your mistake is conflating truth realization with changes or improvements in one's behavior. These are independent things.

Even awakened people can have addictions, "bad" behavior, and other stuff. That's called being human. Realizing what is true will not automatically make you a saint. Survival is still a powerful force that remains post-awakening.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Your mistake is conflating truth realization with changes or improvements in one's behavior. These are independent things.

Even awakened people can have addictions, "bad" behavior, and other stuff. That's called being human. Realizing what is true will not automatically make you a saint.

where does the misnomer that awakening/enlightenment means automatically becoming an emotionally mastered terminator that experiences no uncomfortable experiences and is in pure heaven 24/7 with no chance of ever wavering from this state? I've awakened but still feel I have much to do when it comes to managing and integration my emotions and beliefs. 

18 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

where does the misnomer that awakening/enlightenment means automatically becoming an emotionally mastered terminator that experiences no uncomfortable experiences and is in pure heaven 24/7 with no chance of ever wavering from this state? I've awakened but still feel I have much to do when it comes to managing and integration my emotions and beliefs. 

Normies love to mythologize and idealize awakened gurus, treating them as saints.

It's actually a clever defense mechanism of the ego-mind. The ego-mind reasons like this: "If awakening doesn't make a person perfect and good, then it's not real and not worth working towards." By putting the guru on a pedestal the normie/student doesn't have to take responsibility for the hard work that must go into perfecting one's life. The normie/student wants awakening to be an instant cure-all to all of life's problems. This is of course a fantasy.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Normies love to mythologize and idealize awakened gurus, treating them as saints.

Or perhaps awakened gurus appear very beautiful to those who can appreciate them?

"The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent everything becomes clear and undisguised. Make the smallest distinction, however, and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart. If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against. The struggle of what one likes and what one dislikes is the disease of the mind"

- Sengstan, Hsin Hsin Ming

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Awakening can help you a bit with improving the quality of your consciousness, helping you understand deeper truths, give you important breakthroughs to solve your issues but it cannot guarantee a perfect life. You can still have the same problems as you had before. The reason why you want to be awakened is not because you want to find solutions to all of your problems and needs but to seek the higher truth. It's a process of seeking, like an explorer seeks new lands and experiences. It's also an experience and an opportunity to grow inwardly. 

In fact if you are looking for a more perfect life where all your needs are accommodated and problems resolved, you should probably be more interested in pd and self actualization. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

First of all if all you want is to lead a so called "good and happy life" you don't need to be awakened ..... because frankly you are not ready for it yet .Even deep meditation and samadhi  experiences can put  you in a tranquil state and joyful state. However , if someone is in samadhi , he may not be awakened or enlightened . To be awakened or enlightened does not mean that you will always be in peace ... it means to know the full nature of world and reality . it means to realize (experientially) that you are the Brahman yourself .....that you are god yourself (according to vedanta ( non duality)) , and let me tell you that if you are enlightened ... you dont  need to be in heaven 24/7 , because for the one who knows the true nature of reality ....joy and bliss are  just "emotions".  But if you want joy and bliss , you can pursue the path of sehaj samadhi or yoga..

if you achieve sehaj samadhi , you will not need material things to make you happy , you can be happy under a tree

but being enlightened  is the best thing  one can do in this life because he just realized what is reality.

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

It could be said it's a Transcendence of the mind and it's conditioned reality.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Even awakened people can have addictions, "bad" behavior, and other stuff. That's called being human. Realizing what is true will not automatically make you a saint. Survival is still a powerful force that remains post-awakening.

It is not the fault of the "followers". Gurus tell their followers "enlightenment will solve all of your problems." You said this line more than once.

I'm not really judging.  I'm curious how people feel about their addictions and procrastination after they declared themselves gods. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust