Nemo28

Spirituality and veganism

71 posts in this topic

@Nemo28  this may very well be the future of the meat industry...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake This shit scares me, as GMO as it gets, I already avoid fake meats due to how unhealthy they are, I imagine tbis is even worse. 

From what I’ve seen it has horrific nutritional value, don’t know what’s so bad about a medical medium style plant based diet that will actually improve your health lmao, people always gotta over complicate shit ?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Alextvvv Yeah do it slowly if needbe, I made a LOT of mistakes and have only really gotten healthy the last year, and I’ve been at it for 5 years. 

Lots of fake meats and shitty foods (bread, white pasta, peanut butter etc) for far too long, whole foods plant based the only way to go if you wanna be healthy on a vegan diet, highly recommend people like Medical Medium & Dr Gregor, and a few others! 

oh and if you’re into bodybuilding/ fitness Brian Turner & Simnett Nutrition are great! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@VeganAwake This shit scares me, as GMO as it gets, I already avoid fake meats due to how unhealthy they are, I imagine tbis is even worse. 

From what I’ve seen it has horrific nutritional value, don’t know what’s so bad about a medical medium style plant based diet that will actually improve your health lmao, people always gotta over complicate shit ?

Yeah it looks pretty nasty right now, I'm not sure what the future holds, apparently they're saying they will be able to make meat with less saturated fat and cholesterol. 

Dr. Michael Gregor actually thinks this is a good idea because it eliminates the animal cruelty factor... he surprised a lot of his followers with that promotion..haha

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Sorry I could never support something that is promoting GMO food that will literally destroy humans bodies, long term, you only have to dig a little deeper to see who's investing in things like Beyond Burgers (nutritional value about as good as Dog Food) and why the GMO lab meat is being pushed. 

I HATE animal slaughter, however, simply doing something like this on a wide scale, will leave 100,000s of people without a job & will, of course, benefit the billionaires, there's a much better, organic way of doing things like this. 

That's put me of Dr Gregor a little bit then, considering he classes himself as Plant-Based and not Vegan, I'm surprised he would support such a terrible idea for human health. 

Keep it natural! 

There are far more unenlightened people that are vegan that I have met.

The ones that are hardcore think they are by default higher than anyone who is not.  Veganism can be dogmatic and religious, when that happens it brings them further from what they are trying to be.

Other than being calmer, I don't feel any less spiritual eating meat and if I compare myself to when I was and now, the person I used to be is a child in comparison to what I am today.  

28 minutes ago, Tanz said:

There are far more unenlightened people that are vegan that I have met.

The ones that are hardcore think they are by default higher than anyone who is not.  Veganism can be dogmatic and religious, when that happens it brings them further from what they are trying to be.

Other than being calmer, I don't feel any less spiritual eating meat and if I compare myself to when I was and now, the person I used to be is a child in comparison to what I am today.  

You don't even notice how dogmatic and religious people can be about eating meat because it's so ingrained in our culture. Yet a lot of times I tell someone I don't eat meat they get very, very defensive. As if I have to explain myself to them. Or that I shouldn't feel better than them. Which I never said I did. 

Of course that creates a counter culture. Yet its veganism/vegetarianism that constantly gets called out on that which a lot of meat eaters do all the time, feeling better than the other. Funny how that works. But that's all just surface level. As expected. Ego's are on all sides of the spectrum. Don't worry about that.

On topic:
For me, it was a very natural transition. It felt like a choice was made for me in my past that really didn't resonate with me anymore. I would never kill an animal, so why let someone else do it for me behind closed doors, day after day after day? It made me feel like a coward to not own up to that fact, and so I made my choice. But it was more like an intuitive thing. Like a falling away of something that didn't feel original to me, and I still enjoy that decision every single day.

Edited by DoubleYou

@Dutch guy @DoubleYou The Buddha ate meat whenever given to him.  A billionaire employs tens of thousands of jobs, these people have families, maybe some of them are into spirituality. A garbage man makes sure society is clean and people don't get diseased.  Virtue signaling doesn't help.  Someone not spiritual at all may live and die "meaningless life" but may have a child that will cure cancer.  

Weighing one "good" act and weighing it higher than something else is childish. Human morality doesn't always play a big factor as most people think it does.  

Edited by Tanz

1 minute ago, Tanz said:

@Dutch guy @DoubleYou The Buddha ate meat whenever given to him.  A billionaire employs tens of thousands of jobs, these people have families, maybe some of them are into spirituality. A garbage man makes sure society is clean and people don't get diseased.  Virtue signaling doesn't help.  Someone not spiritual at all may live and die "meaningless life" but may have a child that will cure cancer.  

Weighing one "good" act and weighing it higher than something else is childish. Human morality doesn't always play a big factor as most people think it does.  

Where did I ever mention morality?

@DoubleYou You are making an assumption that suffering is a bad thing.  

Furthermore there is a level of dualism believing there could be a world where suffering does not exist at all.  There is no one act that isn't love because love is everything.  

@DoubleYou @Tanz Solving the way animals being treated is a large task to fulfill.  Pushing people to become vegan is not the way rather become a farmer that raises animals and pushes sustainable farming.  

I am aware of how to fix this problem but I don't have billions of dollars or influence to create such a movement  

OR

I can always run away from the world.  Pick my own cotton, weave my own fabric, make my own clothes, create my own tools, and hunt my own food in the woods, and have a garden but living a life like that would be extreme and not solve anything.  

How many people can truly say they are living a life where they are certain they are not exploiting another human being, animal, or nature? The servers it takes to run this website so we can discuss something insignificant takes up energy that impacts the earth.  Maybe the boss that is running the server is a child molester and he's using his position to gather information on his victims.  Or the owner of the servers that this site is being hosted on is a terrorist organization. Leo's desire to save money and lower is the cost to run the site led to using this host. Us being a part of this forum is contributing to all this.  
There is little point to think in this way because we are all one.  

Edited by Tanz

@Dutch guy haha I love food and I love to cook and appreciate ingredients.  If I had more time and resources I would sail in various places around the world to fish and catch crab and lobster.  

I am trying my best to do my part in the world  

Its intriguing that food and sex can feel so good.  I am married and monogamous but sex and woman are beautiful inventions as much as tasting food.  

21 hours ago, Tanz said:

How many people can truly say they are living a life where they are certain they are not exploiting another human being, animal, or nature?

That's it.

It's about having the mindset to be as conscious as possible in as much areas as we can.

The thing is we cannot be conscious of all the suffering our actions implies, so we shouldn't judge others who don't see what we see or know what we know. If we wanted to end all the suffering our actions implies, we should practically leave this realm. But that's not the way to go, as we can also spare a lot of suffering by doing good deeds. It's about finding one's own balance.

There are so many areas which we ignore the suffering it implies, like the horrible conditions for metal's extractions in africa for our electronics, or the polution of the air and water of Equator by fuel compagnies like Texaco for example

That being said, the modern food industry is a real concern as it chase profits at all costs : human, animal and ecological. We should all be conscious of it and try to buy as much local quality foods from sustainable sources rather than cheap big supermarket.

Edited by Alextvvv

9 minutes ago, Alextvvv said:

That's it.

It's about having the mindset to be as conscious as possible in as much areas as we can.

The thing is we cannot be conscious of all the suffering our actions implies, so we shouldn't judge others who don't see what we see or know what we know. If we wanted to end all the suffering our actions implies, we should practically leave this realm. But that's not the way to go, as we can also spare a lot of suffering by doing good deeds. It's about finding one's own balance.

There are so many areas which we ignore the suffering it implies, like some metal's extractions in africa for our electronics, or the polution of the air and water of Equator by fuel compagnies like Texaco for example

?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Alextvvv Just want to add:

"It's about finding one's own balance."
Yes, and how you find your own balance?
Meditate, listen to your intuition, do what feels good ;) 

15 minutes ago, dimitri said:

@Alextvvv Just want to add:

"It's about finding one's own balance."
Yes, and how you find your own balance?
Meditate, listen to your intuition, do what feels good ;) 

I can actually see now what you mean by "doing what feels good". Naturally if you are intune, aligned withy ourself you would seek to minimize disharmonious behavior which would create suffering for others, since you would feel bad yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

I can actually see now what you mean by "doing what feels good". Naturally if you are intune, aligned withy ourself you would seek to minimize disharmonious behavior which would create suffering for others, since you would feel bad yourself. 

Completely agree with you.

Also, during Awakening you will realize that everything is perfect as it is. How can you judge Yourself? It's all good now.
"They" just don't know who they are. This is not to say you can't do anything about it. Do, if it feels good, if your "heart" tells you about it.

Another thought: rather than trying to "stop" something which is "bad" it's way more productive to start a dream board and write what you want.
Something like "I see more and more signs that humanity respects other animals".

Godspeed ?

4 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Also, during Awakening you will realize that everything is perfect as it is. How can you judge Yourself? It's all good now.

Well i can only say that cause im not in the slaughter house, not sure if i could see the perfection if my body would go through a shreder. But i guess thats my human self is talking, i want to survive after all. 

10 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

Well i can only say that cause im not in the slaughter house, not sure if i could see the perfection if my body would go through a shreder. But i guess thats my human self is talking, i want to survive after all. 

I can totally understand that it's hard to get conceptually.

The main trigger for "forgiveness" "others" is going to be realization that "they" are literally you.
So, you killed a chicken and you the chicken :D 

From this realization there is no point to "fighting" with "yourself". So, you just stop focusing on what you don't want.
Instead, you are consciously creating what you want.
If you want to see more signs that humanity respects other animals, do it consciously ;)