danilofaria

Can stage blue religious people feel God?

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Eren Eeager said:

You are not talking here about the average stage blue individual, right?

Actually I am. Fairly regular folks at stage Blue are capable of feeling God through faith and belief and devotion. Which is why fundamentalist religion is so popular.

You don't have to be a saint or enlightened master for this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually I am. Fairly regular folks at stage Blue are capable of feeling God through faith and belief and devotion. Which is why fundamentalist religion is so popular.

You don't have to be a saint or enlightened master for this.

Definitely. I was a muslim (sufi) for 25 years. I didn’t have any breakthroughs, but i saw the god as light , it told me that you have a mission thats why we sent you there (i heard the mission in my dream but I forgot when i woke up). In my dream. This happened because of praying, listening quran and doing dhkir and felt its love.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Leo Gura Yeah got you. I was religious my own self and know that faith tastes good.

But still one insight I got is that religion is just a very crude and limited way to explain god. God is more like a technology or a puzzle to figure out rather than an authoritarian figure. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

8 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura Yeah got you. I was religious my own self and know that faith tastes good.

But still one insight I got is that religion is just a very crude and limited way to explain god. God is more like a technology or a puzzle to figure out rather than an authoritarian figure. 

Playing devil's advocate, actually God is closer to a feeling than it is a logical puzzle.

If you just shut up and try to feel God & Love, you'll do much better than intellectually masturbating about it.

I think you guys are neglecting the power of things like faith, devotion, commitment, and feeling.

Religion can be a powerful healing & transformative force -- despite all it's obvious problems. Religious people are not just in delusion or fantasy. They are reaching out to God in their own crude way and it does transform them for the better in many cases. Of course devilry and ego still runs rampant. But it does so even among meditators and yogis.

It's extremely rare to find a totally pure and selfless person.

And there is more to all this than just awakening. Awakening will not make you a totally pure person by itself. Becoming God-like is a much larger project than simply meditation or self-inquiry.

@Leo Gura I didn't mean logical puzzle.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you just shut up and try to feel God & Love, you'll do much better than intellectually masturbating about it.

doing that already.I follow Love and see where it takes me

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Leo Gura Leo, why people in the west left religion for good?, could not it be integrated into higher stages?

I have a friend who used to be very strongly involved with Pentecostal Christian churches, he had mystical experiences such as speaking in tongues and some powerful trance states when worshiping God during that time. Since then he has transitioned to stage green and done psychedelics and many forms of spiritual practice quite seriously.

I asked him about his past mystical experiences as a Pentecostal Christian and he said he still holds them as very valid. He says he can still access those states like speaking in tongues and he can have a powerful connection with God, he just doesn't do it from a purely Christian framework anymore. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@danilofaria Very much so they can. When I was a fundamentalist Muslim there was a period of time where I convinced myself with 100% certainty that Islam was true. This was when I was 13, and this "breakthrough" would follow large periods of time of doubting the validity of Islam, with whatever rigour a young teenage brain can muster. 

At the same time, I resolved all doubts in my mind about God's mercy and love. I fully, fully believed God was perfect, all loving and that existence is a complete blessing and that all of creation was showered in uncountable blessings. How could I possibly worry about hellfire for myself and others when God is all just?

And so I just had mystical experiences, spiritual highs. It briefly made me feel like a loving Jesus Christ. 

Spiritual highs faded quickly however. And it all fell apart eventually when I had more doubts about Islam. Its all such a big mess isn't it. I don't normally cry to myself, but I'm crying a bit just thinking back to this all. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, lmfao said:

@danilofaria Very much so they can. When I was a fundamentalist Muslim there was a period of time where I convinced myself with 100% certainty that Islam was true. This was when I was 13, and this "breakthrough" would follow large periods of time of doubting the validity of Islam, with whatever rigour a young teenage brain can muster. 

At the same time, I resolved all doubts in my mind about God's mercy and love. I fully, fully believed God was perfect, all loving and that existence is a complete blessing and that all of creation was showered in uncountable blessings. How could I possibly worry about hellfire for myself and others when God is all just?

And so I just had mystical experiences, spiritual highs. It briefly made me feel like a loving Jesus Christ. 

Spiritual highs faded quickly however. And it all fell apart eventually when I had more doubts about Islam. Its all such a big mess isn't it. I don't normally cry to myself, but I'm crying a bit just thinking back to this all. 

Definitely. I was a hard core sufi for 25 years. I faced with pure love of god and god (appeared as light). Specially, during the dhkir and hearing quran. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

6 hours ago, The observer said:

No. God is a property of Turquoise and higher. LMAO.

Lol

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

A very important distinction to make here would be between "states" and "stages". You can access the highest states at any stage of development, you will just end up interpreting the states through the framework of that stage. Stages are permanent and states are temporary.

If a highly egotistical stage orange person experiences God consciousness, he could very well interpret that as him (and only him) being the messiah and the second coming of Christ. All stages will have their own ways of interpreting temporary peak states.

Credits to Ken Wilber

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

On 5/26/2020 at 4:11 AM, The observer said:

Dude, stop talking about things you don't understand.

Have some humility.

@Leo Gura Dude, it was a cunning joke. I thought 'LMAO' was enough to make it explicit.

@Inliytened1 IT'S A JOKE! A really clever one, in fact.

Edited by The observer

On 5/26/2020 at 6:11 AM, The observer said:

Ya got it backwards....oh nvmd i saw you were joking...

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Carl-Richard No? Not clever? It expresses the truth while demonstrating the silliness of the opposite position, by stating the opposite position sarcastically.

Edited by The observer

On 26/05/2020 at 6:04 PM, James123 said:

Definitely. I was a hard core sufi for 25 years. I faced with pure love of god and god (appeared as light). Specially, during the dhkir and hearing quran. 

آمِينَ‎ , Āmīn brother. 

@Eren Eeager And dude, wtf was that dark themed image when quoting Leo, making my eyes bleed at that contrast lmao

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.