Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kundalini91

Can we trust our feelings?

5 posts in this topic

I am going to therapy and working through pretty hefty childhood traumas, and after each session with my therapist i am sometimes tired, and pretty 

sensitive for what is going on around me.. I have a group of friends which i have been with for the last years, we have mainly done partying with mdma, ketamin, lsd and had a lot of fun on raves and private parties..

Last year i started the journey of self discovery and got directed towards my childhood which i am working pretty intense with at the moment..

The thing i wanted to ask is today my friend sent a video on a FB group on a man doing Ketamine with long hair and said here is a go you can aim for, and they sent some videos about us roaring in a boat high on mdma and ketamine.. and i sent a video of some cats outside my house and got no response...

After therapy i am as i mentioned extra sensitive and get really sad for small things (like videoes from friends) not getting response for things..

So can we trust our feelings when we have opened up deep on our childhood traumas, and feel really bad at the moment, why can´t i just laugh and have some self-irony? This is definitely my shadow lurking and i guess i can really feel these feelings and ask myself what am i being triggered for?

Our emotions come from thoughts. The story you tell yourself will determine how you feel about a situation/event.

I recommend you watch this video from Leo about emotional maturity.

Emotions are absolutely relative. The more you become contemplate emotions, the more you'll see that they always serve survival functions that are relative to your specific configurations (biological, genetics, etc.). 

Understanding this is very liberating and will help you see things more clearly. 

No, you can´t.

Unless you refer to intuition. But intuition is not an emotion.

Yes and no. Also, with emotions coming from thoughts, they can and it is often helpful to reframe a situation such that you can act on it, but they also come extremely quickly at times, in a reaction. I recommend that you think things out and take everything with a grain of salt. It's okay if you change your mind multiple times.

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato