Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silene

Adverts on youtube videos

3 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it's my best guess. I normally watch actualized.org's videos on youtube, which have adverts, mostly for self help & online business startup type things. They have an option to skip them, but if they're short I will leave them on - with volume on low - because I assume (rightly or wrongly) that actualized will benefit from a cut of the advertising income.  However, youtube seems to think I'm a sucker for this type of thing because the adverts are getting longer - even up to 30 minutes sometimes! Is actualized getting any benefit from the ads which it would lose if I skip them? If it helps then I don't mind leaving them on in the background. 

@BjarkeT thanks, patreon's a good way to support the community too. I was just wondering if anyone knows the YT business model, do the channel owners get a cut based on ads actually watched? I'm guessing that YT monitor when ads are watched vs skipped. That could be a 'free' way to provide a little extra support also. However, I understand that this may all be shrouded in commercial secrecy,  companies don't always like to say where their money goes.