Jacobsrw

Higher Consciousness Art Ideas

37 posts in this topic

Hey everyone ?

I’m an artist from Australia, with experience in drawing for quite some years now. My style is mostly realism among various styles within that medium. However, now I’m wanting to shift my work toward the field of consciousness work specifically.

Unfortunately, my creative genius has been quite flippant lately. I just can get into the groove of coming up with ideas that reflect the path of consciousness. 

Would love to hear fellow artists or anyone one for that matter, put forth some possible concept ideas. Thanks in advance!

Below are some of my more recent pieces that I aim to expand on and develop.

05B35764-BE44-4C56-8CDA-7EE33A09E885.jpeg

Edited by Jacobsrw

One from last year

5BB79A4D-DB9A-4B71-88C9-2DAAF8BF7D79.jpeg

Edited by Jacobsrw

Greetings from Australia also. I am not an artist, but i have grown up in a house where both of my parents were artists as occupations. My brother also goes to VCA in Melbourne. Creativity and art has always been a big part of my life, although not my occupation. 

I would always recommend contemplation for coming up with ideas. When I contemplate with a journal, I tend to look at ideas or the general trajectory of the thought process and think "how could I depict this as an image." I often see paintings and photography ideas in my head that are quite original. 

Also depicting your vision and values as an artist, I think, is really a really special gift that visual artists posess. When visualizing your future, you can commit to creating a detailed andinteresting depiction of what you want, I think this would be a wicked vision board. 

Good luck 

@Mada_ thank you for your response! Very fruitful. I actually reflect and contemplate every day which I find extremely helpful. I’ve found my ability in the past to transfer ideas from my mind to paper very fluid and natural. 

However, since spending a lot of my time within consciousness work, it seems harder to visualise and transpose. Mainly because I want to ensure what I visualise and create isn’t just what appears aesthetically pleasing but more so deep, meaningful and enlightening. This is much harder to do apparently haha.

@ajasatya @Cykaaaa thank you both! Much appreciated ?

@Jacobsrw impressive man! may I know if you have several inspirational creatives/artists?

Dude that’s epic!

Personally I love nature, trees, animals, Shiva, Hinduism, energy/vibrations, any and all sorts of correlations, insights, especially symbolism and stuff from the past gleaned in a new light. 

I’d consider it a flowing journey, get away from the pressure of needing to produce so the inspiration is a pleasant surprise, who knows, maybe even creating giants lists of ideas to choose from when it’s ideal 

But I haven’t done this stuff  

Edited by DrewNows

Very nice. Incredible 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Wow these are beautiful! You are really talented!

As long as you keep it fresh and don't let it become a routine you'll be good. I suppose there are certain "rules" to drawing? Try breaking some of them!

I am a musician and the most interesting pieces I ever make are the ones where I just break rules and let myself go. So just let go. Let go and let the art create itself. You don't always need ideas. Sometimes you need the opposite. Sometimes you need to let yourself be empty. Be empty and make space for art to happen. Remove "yourself" from your art and just let art be. Beauty will take place all by itself. Try to find the beauty beyond ideas. Beyond your "creative genius". Flow is a state where no judgement happens. It's a state where art is allowed to simply be.

Sometimes the "I" is getting too involved in our art. When this happens we start facing a "creative block". But only the "I" can create a creative block. If there is no "I" then there is no block. What wants to happen will happen. Making art this way will be a little bit harder, but it will pay off.

I wish you good luck! Looking forward to seeing more of your drawings!

beep boop

Beautiful!! So talented jheeze

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@mathieu thank you! Not as such. I base most of my art inspiration from photography and combing images together in a creative way. I do however, find William Blake and Salvador Dali extremely inspiring. But most of what I draw is self-generated concepts.

@DrewNows thank you! That’s some good insight. I do enjoy similar things to what you mentioned. Especially higher order existential concepts. I was writing up a list previously but I found it hard to remember what I meant by some of the ideas I wrote coming back to it later haha. I’ll be sure to look at doing it better in the future though.

@Preety_India thank you!

@DefinitelyNotARobot that’s beautifully worded! I really resonate with what you wrote, also I do my best to operate in this way with much of life. Yet when it comes to art, perfectionism takes over and I feel the need to have art be presented in an accurate way. I find this very disruptive to the “flow” state. It contorts my fluid ability to create. 

This might have to do with the fact I draw realism which works to imitate “real world” appearances.

I might just try sitting with a blank piece paper with no ideas and see what happens when I meet it with a pencil. Reminds me of Peter Ralstons ‘Empty Your Cup’ exercise. Thanks man!

@Moon thank you!

Edited by Jacobsrw

7 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Yet when it comes to art, perfectionism takes over and I feel the need to have art be presented in an accurate way. I find this very disruptive to the “flow” state. It contorts my fluid ability to create. 

I feel you on that! I too can get very perfectionist when it comes to art! Sometimes I just sit there redoing the tiniest thing over and over again, just to get it "right". After a while I get frustrated because I can't seem to get it perfect. But then there is times where I let go completely and get immersed in the process entirely. Beautiful things just tend to happen in this space.

But I guess that is a skill that we have to acquire through hard work and love for the art.

----

Here is a tip that I can give you: Just let go and let the art happen. Just freestyle a drawing everyday for a month or so. Let what happens happen and don't listen to your inner critic. Do that again and again and after a while look at all your drawings. You will notice that there will be a lot of similarities between your drawings. A lot of things that you do purely out of habit and routine and so on. When you are in a state where the critic doesn't exist you will start doing the same thing over and over again. I, for example, noticed that I use a lot of similar melodies in my songs. Do exactly that. Notice the things you do over and over again and write them down. This process is for your inner critic entirely. Just critique the things that you find boring, stale, repetitive or unsatisfactory in any other way and write them down. After that read through your own critique and you'll have a pretty good overview of the things you have to learn.

Practice these things for a while and then repeat the circle again. Let go and let art happen, critique and analyse your art, practice the things you need to practice.

It's good to keep these things apart. Leave the mind out of the process of creation. This process is for your intuitive part only. You inner critic would only interfere with your art! But don't leave him out entirely. Once the art is finished you can use your mind to analyze what you'll have to practice next! Don't make the mistake of overthinking your art or you'll end up blocking the flow of art entirely. But also don't make the mistake of UNDERthinking it, or your growth will end up stagnating. Find the golden balance between these two! Once you find this balance your growth will accelerate quickly!

The perfectionist within you can be a very valuable part, but he needs to know when it's his time to shine and when it's not.

I hope I could help you a little!

beep boop

27 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@mathieu thank you! Not as such. I base most of my art inspiration from photography and combing images together in a creative way. I do however, find William Blake and Salvador Dali extremely inspiring. But most of what I draw is self-generated concepts.

great to hear that! I love Surrealism too. looks like you have an inclination towards Blake's brush strokes. You might want to check Vladimir Kush and Android Jones' works. they're good too, touching concepts of spirituality and consciousness. I have also seen several great works on Behance, not really that famous, yet they're more towards using cgi's and digital works, more of like independent studios doing art. 

24 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Here is a tip that I can give you: Just let go and let the art happen. Just freestyle a drawing everyday for a month or so. Let what happens happen and don't listen to your inner critic. Do that again and again and after a while look at all your drawings. You will notice that there will be a lot of similarities between your drawings. A lot of things that you do purely out of habit and routine and so on. When you are in a state where the critic doesn't exist you will start doing the same thing over and over again. I, for example, noticed that I use a lot of similar melodies in my songs. Do exactly that. Notice the things you do over and over again and write them down. This process is for your inner critic entirely. Just critique the things that you find boring, stale, repetitive or unsatisfactory in any other way and write them down. After that read through your own critique and you'll have a pretty good overview of the things you have to learn.

Practice these things for a while and then repeat the circle again. Let go and let art happen, critique and analyse your art, practice the things you need to practice.

It's good to keep these things apart. Leave the mind out of the process of creation. This process is for your intuitive part only. You inner critic would only interfere with your art! But don't leave him out entirely. Once the art is finished you can use your mind to analyze what you'll have to practice next! Don't make the mistake of overthinking your art or you'll end up blocking the flow of art entirely. But also don't make the mistake of UNDERthinking it, or your growth will end up stagnating. Find the golden balance between these two! Once you find this balance your growth will accelerate quickly!

The perfectionist within you can be a very valuable part, but he needs to know when it's his time to shine and when it's not.

I hope I could help you a little!

Third magnificent! Man, I love what you articulated. It’s so true there’s a required balance between perfection and flow. This is what i feel I need to establish more deeply.

I’ll try what you suggested, i see powerful and profound things arising from that approach. I’ve been wanting to let things go for quite a while now I think it’s time to begin haha

@mathieu that’s really cool. Yeah surrealism is very thought provoking, I was considering exploring that path a bit. I’ll check them out sound likeevery inspiring artists. I’d really like to try digital art eventually too. I see that being Avery proficient way of producing art.

Edited by Jacobsrw