Mind of a beast

I have found my Life Purpose !!

26 posts in this topic

If you really want to do what you say you want to do, actualized.org should be a gold mine to you right now. 

@rlc  I just watched that video. To be honest , I am unimpressed. 

My top most value is to become a superhuman, of whom no one can break records, my work as perennial in nature.

Becoming sage, doing meditation feels nauseating to me .

Maybe I am on different colour of spiral dynamics.

Hey there. Let me help you with a few resources:

• First of all I recommend John Vervaeke's Awakening From The Meaning Crisis lecture series. John Vervaeke is a cognitive scientist at the University of Toronto and meditation teacher. In this lecture series he aims to integrate fragmented fields such as psychology, philosophy, systems theory, cognitive science, psychedelics, higher states of consciousness, spirituality, and even awakening into a unified theme. The importance of this series cannot be overstated, because these topics have not been addressed in academia before, and John's insights are spot-on thanks to his first person extensive involvement with spiritual practices as well as deep study of philosophy, psychology, and cognitive science. The first 25 episodes are basically a history of philosophy which I believe you will enjoy very much. 
  • If your top value is becoming a superhuman then you must consider the idea of the eightfold path in Buddhism. At its core, the idea is that an individual has to develop every area of their life in order to get to a point where they can differentiate and then integrate, thus transcending into a "different plane of existence" if you will. However, the eightfold path as traditionally presented in Buddhism is a relatively mythical/blue oriented doctrine but the principle itself is very much worth looking into. It has been touched upon in Ken Wilber's idea of Integral Life Practice, or the idea that an individual develops through multiple lines of development, of which there are at least 4 that are aboslutely essential for a fully integrated individual. The same idea has been echoed by Vervaeke as "an ecology of practices and psychotechnologies". I warmly recommend that you look into Ken Wilber's Integral Theory. If you have the time and interest, I recommend 4 of his books:
    • Sex Ecology Spirituality (this is the one that references works of philosophy the most, so I imagine you would like to focus on this one if your domain of mastery is philosophy and learn his Integral Model through videos rather than going through the rest of the books)
    • Integral Psychology
    • Integral Spirituality
    • Religion of Tomorrow
  • If you are seriously thinking about becoming a philosopher then I recommend you stop relying on Actualized.org as a resource, it is a starting point more than anything else. I recommend you start looking for resources that you could study in depth. Awakenining From The Meaning Crisis recommends plenty of interesting books, although many are academic in nature. Sex Ecology and Spirituality should point you towards many worthwhile works of philosophy as well. Here are some additional books I recommend:
    • Master and His Emissary - Iain McGilchrist
    • Passion of The Western Mind - Richard Tarnas
    • Maps of Meaning - Jordan Peterson
  • At the same time, maybe you would like to develop a big-picture understanding of philosophy. If so, The Teaching Company has courses that cover all the major philosophers of Western as well as Eastern traditions. I recommend
    • Great Minds of the Western Intellectual Tradition 3rd edition
    • Great Minds of the Eastern Intellectual Tradition
    • Mind-Body Philosophy
    • Understanding Complexity
    • Many more, they have tons of philosophy courses. 
  • I don't condone piracy, but they can be found online for free if you can't pay for the at the moment.  

Hope these will be of help on your journey. If anything, I recommend at least watching Awakening From The Meaning Crisis and learning a little bit about Integral Theory. Good luck!

Edited by lacsativ

@lacsativ  Oh My God, I can't even express words of gratitude.. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

I will definitely look and buy all this stuff you talked about.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know all this stuff? You must be ahead of curve for this generation, I must say.

Not at all, still trying to figure out how to make my life purpose a reality. 50% of my Zone of Genius turns out to be "structuring fragmented information", so there you have it I guess, haha. I also like doing research a lot and my brain gets fired up whenever I come across anything resembling "second-tier" or "yellow". There's this Youtube channel called Rebel Wisdom which is basically a "yellow" goldmine. Once you start looking into the work that some of those people are doing you start to get a much bigger picture, and you just keep coming across interesting stuff and I write that stuff down. 

Glad you find these useful. Ken Wilber's Integral Theory and John Vervaeke's Awakening From The Meaning Crisis are a good starting point because they give a pretty good big-picture understanding of, well, pretty much everything you'd want to know from a bird's eye view. Meaning Crisis gets a little bit technical and hard to follow after episode 26 when it gets into Cognitive Science stuff, but the first 25 episodes are amazing - basically an account of the evolution of philosophy as we know it. So definitely check out these two.

Also I saw that you are not very keen on meditation. I'd kindly as you to reconsider and give it another try at some point. Enligthenment and spirituality aside, it's probably the best bang for the buck thing to do in life. Honestly it feels like a lot of self-help/self-improvement was largely distraction from me meditating one hour every day. Some of the issues you're having in life simply fade away as you meditate, and living in general just becomes more pleasant, experientially speaking. So much so that I kind of stopped caring about spiritual enlightenment, I decided that meditation is simply something I'll do for it's own sake for the rest of my life (Mastery by George Leonard style). If you want a good guide I warmly recommend The Mind Illuminated by Culadasa (John Yates). It's pretty great, covers all the bases, gives you models to help you understand how the mind functions, and sructures the meditation journey across 10 stages (a-la the Ox-Herding Pictures). He's integrating many meditation traditions/meditations models into that one book. It's both accessible and comprehensive. It's with this book that I finally started a consistent meditation habit. 

And of course, meditation in general is something you want to consider if your calling is seeing what is possible for a human being to achieve in a life-time (becoming superhuman). Also, you probably already know Wim Hof. If you don't check him out, he achieved some pretty mind blowing stuff and is currently teaching his method. Quite simple and effective and very much superhuman, haha. 

Good luck! 

@lacsativ  Thank you for the book recommendation.

I have done Presence Process meditation. It's 10 week meditation but demands a lot from you. I highly recommend this.

Coming to superhuman as a value, I meant that I want to become a master like Nietzsche or Kant. 

Becoming superhuman (Ken Wilber's concept)  is a very terrifying concept for me. I don't know I could do that or become one 

I have watched several videos of Win Hoff. He is an inspiration. He sends a very different vibe according to me. Watching him makes me blissful.

Answers to 3 questions of zone of genius are 1) analysing, thinking 

2) questioning, going deep

3) generating insights

I love creating arguments, counterarguments , discussing ,debating , analysing ..that's why I chose philosophy as a domain of mastery.