Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

Zizek endorces Biden

29 posts in this topic

Fun clip by Zizek

He brought an interesting point about how Trump doesn't stand for many principles.

Tell me, what principles does Trump stand for?

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus

Even Zizek is starting to grow tired of his own cute political games.

To vote for Trump over Hilary -- thinking that something good will come of it -- is stupidity masquerading as cleverness.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To vote for Trump over Hilary -- thinking that something good will come of it -- is stupidity masquerading as cleverness.

@Leo Gura, Donald Trump is not a perfect man and he shouldn't be one. I love the fact that Trump talks openly about the USA's problems. I'll give you a few examples.

1. Open borders. We all know that the concept of open borders doesn't work. We can't allow the whole world to enter the United States.

2. NATO. Russia is no longer a threat to the world. Why do we have NATO? It's a sincere question.

3. The 1st and the 2nd amendments. Trump-appointed judges have tremendous respect for the constitution as written.

4. Western civilization. We are witnessing the destruction of Western values, a civilization that abolished slavery and gave us human rights. President Trump gave a speech about Western civilization in Poland.

I could talk endlessly about Trump's views.

On the other hand, I don't see myself as a fanatic Trump supporter but I stand with his policies.

Progressivism doesn't work in the real world, it just doesn't.

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don Lol

You're stuck in stage Blue buddy. Time to grow up and become an adult.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're stuck in stage Blue buddy. Time to grow up and become an adult.

I believe you're offering me sincerely, non-bias advice, Leo.

Certain elements of the Blue stage are essential for a society to function properly.

I'm not clinging to stage Blue but understanding that some parts of it are crucial.

1. The family value. You are a byproduct of the family value.

2. The idea of a nation-state. Nations can progress when they cooperate together.

3. Cultures are different. Yes, cultures are profoundly different and that's why it's a mistake to intermingle them.

We are living in the golden age precisely because certain elements of the Blue stage are working.

For example. if we stop having children, everything falls apart. It really does. Human effort is essential for progress. If we don't have enough humans, we won't go forward.

Edited by The Don
To add a few words.

@The Don You're just doubling-down on your stuckness.

Well, enjoy.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@The Don You're just doubling-down on your stuckness.

Well, enjoy.

@Leo Gura, I've read a lot of history. I'm reading books. I'm not clinging to ideology. I'm not interested in ideology.

We have to understand that knowledge has nothing to do with wisdom. Knowledge is just a tool we use to attain wisdom.

If you want to know what's going on in the world right now because things aren't great as Western nations don't reproduce themselves, I challenge you to read this book.

Sometimes we have to read books we're not interested in just to see the big picture.

We're living in a civilized world precisely because of Western civilization. Westerners had to struggle a lot to build such a prosperous society; history tells me that.

Certain elements of the Blue stage are fundamental. You know that.

Stage Blue isn't merely an ideology, it's a level of cogntive development.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Stage Blue isn't merely an ideology, it's a level of cogntive development.

@Leo Gura Though, isn’t one referring to an individual’s overall gravitational stage when the label Stage Blue is mentioned?  Stage Blue cognitive line would be a more specific sub component?

1 hour ago, The Don said:

On the other hand, I don't see myself as a fanatic Trump supporter but I stand with his policies.

I bet you only own like five MAGA hats whereas a real Trump fanatic would own at least seven.

Always Be Hardcore

18 minutes ago, remember said:

yes in some sense you only are able to grasp that at least at stage green, the moment leaving orange/green cognitively behind starting to get glimpses of what turquoise could mean.

but that’s also where the ego likes to bypass truth.

@remember If I understand you correctly, you are affirming my question?  I am merely looking to differentiate overall development and lines of development. 

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I bet you only own like five MAGA hats whereas a real Trump fanatic would own at least seven.

I don't have a MAGA hat buddy. And we shouldn't imply that it's wrong to be a Trump supporter just because we have our differences and think differently.

I don't assume that it's bad to choose a certain candidate over another. You are free to vote according to your conscience.

When you have the need to convince somebody to vote as you think is right, that's neurosis. It is your own bias towards a candidate.

When you get rid of your bias, other people's choices no longer bother you.

The need to tell "You shouldn't vote for Trump because..." is just your subjective opinion. It's not the ultimate objective truth.

We have to learn to respect our differences. We can't impose our will on others.

I prefer clarity over agreement. What does this mean? "Look John, here's where we differ and we should respect that", that's all. :)

Edited by The Don
To add a few lines.

14 minutes ago, The Don said:

I don't have a MAGA hat buddy. And we shouldn't imply that it's wrong to be a Trump supported just because we have our differences and think differently.

I don't assume that it's bad to choose a certain candidate over another. You are free to vote according to your conscience.

When you have the need to convince somebody to vote as you think is right, that's neurosis. It is your own bias towards a candidate.

When you get rid of your bias, other people's choices no longer bother you.

The need to tell "You shouldn't vote for Trump because..." is just your subjective opinion. It's not the ultimate objective truth.

We have to learn to respect our differences. We can't impose our will on others.

I prefer clarity over agreement. What does this mean? "Look, John, here where we differ", that's all. :)

Oh stop projecting. . . all I did was make a one-sentence quip and then you start making accusations of caring about other people's opinions.

I really don't care if you vote for Trump or not, I just like to mock Trumpism.

Always Be Hardcore

6 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I really don't care if you vote for Trump or not, I just like to mock Trumpism.

It's not a projection.

2 hours ago, The Don said:

I believe you're offering me sincerely, non-bias advice, Leo.

Certain elements of the Blue stage are essential for a society to function properly.

I'm not clinging to stage Blue but understanding that some parts of it are crucial.

1. The family value. You are a byproduct of the family value.

2. The idea of a nation-state. Nations can progress when they cooperate together.

3. Cultures are different. Yes, cultures are profoundly different and that's why it's a mistake to intermingle them.

Certain elements of Stage Blue are working today. I agree with you in that we need these fundamental Stage Blue institutions to collectively survive today. People think in very black-and-white terms and if you're a leader, you need to be able to feed them simple, black-and-white ideas that they can cling to. People are attached to Stage Blue ideas/systems and it is a good idea to be respectful to those ideas. You want to handle them with kit-gloves.

However, it's a mistake to assume that they will continue to work forever. Stage Blue has this air of 'This is how society was, this is how it is and this is how it will be. Yeah there's certain trends lately of progressives asking for change, but whatever. It's trendy to be an SJW today and this trend will pass. Nothing has ever changed and nothing will ever change.' This is simply not true. Society is progressing all the time. What was revolutionary and new 2000 years ago is archaic and barbaric today.

A Stage Blue person will be indifferent to the dysfunctions of the status-quo because the status-quo isn't really hurting them individually. What will happen is that the status-quo will feel worse, worse and worse until they'll realize that they aren't really risking anything by letting go of the status-quo because it sucks so bad. That's when they'll really start to desire change and they move to Orange.

There are new systemic developments that can replace all the institutions that you've mentioned.

1. The Family is a Stage Blue institution. When you get to Green/Yellow, you start having Intentional Communities instead of families. It's a new development and it's harder to maintain them than a family today. But it will get easier with time and I think it will replace the Family.

2. The Nation-Stage is a Stage Blue concept. It can be replaced by a World-Government. The long-term benefits of investing in a World-Government are incredible. Now it may not work today, but it is a worthwhile vision for the world to work towards and actualize.

3. Attachment to your culture - Culture is what you create. You can let go of traditions that you don't like and you can introduce traditions you do like. People get attached to their culture at Blue. At Green, you collectively start to develop cultural autonomy in that you can change the culture drastically.

2 hours ago, The Don said:

We are living in the golden age precisely because certain elements of the Blue stage are working.

Progressives would disagree with this big time. I think we're living in the Dark Ages. There are waaaayy too many systemic problems that we've been facing for all these millennia but have never addressed. Now they're showing and progressives are out there solving them.

Maybe it is a golden age relative to the past. You've referenced history that points to this. If you're happy with how the world is today, good on you!

@The Don What's so sacred about the Constitution? It was written by people no different than you. And it could have been written dozens of different ways.

3 hours ago, remember said:

yes, you can somehow untangle that by sorting out lines of development. you could say glimpsing and being are two different lines of development. yes that was a confirmation, that i see or understand it that way, too. the question in that sense was rethorical for me.

the problem here is that we are not even talking about blue, but purple, what has def to do with not really having gotten to the bottom of blue yet.

@remember Glimpsing and being are two different lines of development?

Surely, they would both more accurately fall under the spiritual line?

It seems, by referring to Stage Blue as a level of cognitive development, Leo is conflating the entire Stage Blue with Stage Blur cognition.   Though, I assume he is not implying this conflation. 

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Even Zizek is starting to grow tired of his own cute political games.

But if it weren't for coronavirus, Bernie would have probably won because people would have reacted against Trump. If Hilary was in power, Bernie probably wouldn't stand a chance because people would still vote for someone in the political centre.
Žižek had a good point and would be right if corona didn't happen. He also has high-understanding of Hegel, who had a good grasp of how social dynamics work.

Edited by Franz Ferdinand II