Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaHonorableCourt

How to stop jumping to conclusions

4 posts in this topic

Hi y’all, first post :)

Over the last year or so my worldview has been radically changing due to what I learned in spirituality & Leo’s videos. It dawned on me that mankind may know nothing about the nature of existence & the universe, and that science has just been assuming the materialist paradigm with no grounding.

However this has made my mind unsure and sometimes anxious about what to make of this experience. Since my old perspective has crumbled my mind wants a new perspective. So often my mind is racing with all kinds of theories and conclusions about existence. “Oh, it’s this way”. Or concluding things about reality that Leo said without me actually having directly experienced it. Sometimes it’s even hard to focus on everyday tasks because I’m thinking about these kinds of topics. And I should not be doing this because I’m still low on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. But because I thought I knew what existence was but now it turns out I don’t, my mind just wants to know so bad what existence is. And I know that these spiritual truths cannot be found through thinking, yet my mind keeps at it. 

Basically my question is, how to entertain & contemplate ideas about existence that others like Leo have said, without concluding that they are true or false? Because my mind always wants to do this and its taking up a lot of time and energy.

Also, what are some ways to ground myself, to make me feel like there is no threat? Because now that existence has become “unknown” I also get some anxiety from just the fact that there is existence. Because the mind is always afraid of the unknown.

Can a psychedelic trip (I’m thinking 1-2g shrooms) help with this issue, or will it make my mind even more unsure & racing?

It’s not that I don’t want to be unsure, I want to be comfortable with being unsure, without my mind jumping all over the place. And to then go gradually from this place of not knowing towards Truth. 

Thanks.

Edited by DaHonorableCourt

Elevators of my mind,

Up and down a million times

Loving you.

Welcome to the forum!

Take your authority back by realizing how you gave it away. Inspect what you are avoiding with your utilization of contemplating using psychedelics - and then reconsider a trip. Tighten up your diet & daily practices, read, research & inspect direct experience for yourself. The distinction between what you’ve heard and direct experience will only become more and more critical. There’s no problem with that, careful not to believe there is. That is one such important distinction. All are just signs, pointing, saying ‘there is more to all this than appears’...don’t conceptualize, inspect - feel. Godspeed. ?

If you want to be comfortable with being unsure, acknowledge to yourself ‘sure’ & ‘unsure’ are thoughts you’re believing. In both media & your thoughts, listen to how they feel, rather than believing the content. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

When you don't have balance or awareness physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually, finding answers to questions outside of the self is difficult. A trip can help if you are ready. It will bring your negative patterns to the light, and expose all the deceptions you are playing on yourself. With a greater awareness you will realize how you do the same in your trips, you will conclude, and it will ruin the moment. It is a much harder choice than to let it play out in peace and surrender to creation. I've been there, and its very disappointing. Sometimes I've even killed my experience from concluding that it was done or negative, all by letting my emotions or thoughts play me, take control of me. But it takes awareness, and you are aware of it, and you are aware that it isn't serving you, so now you surrender. Just flow and be. Trust, Accept, Surrender.  Welcome! 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Try Letting-go meditation. Basically, anytime a thought arises, acknowledge it's a thought and try to let it go. Don't conclude whether it's true or false.