JessiChell

Fears of Consciousness

65 posts in this topic

Me again.

I'm now making my way through, "The Untethered Soul." A book that helps to practically pull you into consciousness without spiritual jargon. Teaches us how to notice the voice inside and still the thoughts so that you're only left with, you.

I have a hypothetical question however, that's holding me back from being like, "yeah if I can just still my mind and quiet my voice, all my problems will go away."

The hypothetical:

Let's say I'm conscious as I can be and have a healthy life, of which I want to live. I'm fully sustainable and love myself, absolutely. 

Then I decide I enjoy spending time with someone and decide a relationship is something I want to pursue with this person. 

Now, this person is great for a while, but then a year in, they begin to pull away, stop reciprocating your energy and you see signs that point to them not being interested/loyal. 

Now remember I'm fully conscious. I provide everything for myself emotionally. So does that mean, that I will have no feelings to how they treat me? 

Does that mean that even if I notice evidence of them lying or something that I will simply feel nothing and continue to be with them? 

Or let's say it's not even malicious...let's say they just simply dont reciprocate. 

Do I stay with them? Because I need to look inward and fix all the things I feel I need to provide for myself? 

Or do I leave? 

Wouldnt leaving be a admitting that you let your thoughts get to you? 

My thoughts have always protected me from people when it got too much for me to handle. Letting go of my thoughts and seeing red flags is something I'm terrified of letting go of. I have a lot of experience with red flags. So I'm afraid Consciousness will make me stay with people who do things that hurt me. 

I'm confused. Please help. 

Edited by JessiChell

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell Consciousness will do the opposite from hurting you.

No conscious person willingly hurts themselves or others.

I haven’t read the untethered soul, but reading the synopsis

“You'll discover what you can do to put an end to the habitual thoughts and emotions that limit your consciousness.

By tapping into traditions of meditation and mindfulness, author and spiritual teacher Michael A. Singer shows how the development of consciousness can enable us all to dwell in the present moment and let go of painful thoughts and memories that keep us from achieving happiness and self-realization.”

It right there in the summary, being conscious it letting go of that which keeps you from achieving happiness. That’s a lot of what being conscious it about.

So I would say stop worrying about being “too” conscious, that’s like saying is it dangerous to have to well of a functioning immune system, relax a little.

When in a relationship, being conscious and mindful will help you have a functioning healthy relationship based on mutual love and respect, as you won’t allow yourself to be treated badly and you’ll know when you are being treated badly. Your thoughts don’t ever stop. So don’t try to forget about red flags. Keep them in mind, and enforce your boundaries and don’t let people hurt or take advantage of you, consciousness will help with that not hurt you.

@JessiChell

19 minutes ago, JessiChell said:

Let's say I'm conscious as I can be and have a healthy life, of which I want to live. I'm fully sustainable and love myself, absolutely. 

19 minutes ago, JessiChell said:

So I'm afraid Consciousness will make me stay with people who do things that hurt me. 

Why, if you love yourself would you allow someone to hurt you?

26 minutes ago, JessiChell said:

Wouldnt leaving be a admitting that you let your thoughts get to you? 

If you are conscious you will recognize when a person is not a suitable match for you and end the relationship peacefully before it turns toxic.

You will still have thoughts post-awakening.

If you are conscious you will never get trapped in toxic relationships. Fear is what keeps you in toxic relationships. The more conscious you are, the less fear you will have.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are conscious you will recognize when a person is not a suitable match for you and end the relationship.

You will still have thoughts post-awakening.

Exactamundo

Your thoughts don’t just one day magically end

@IJB063 Okay, that's a fair summery. Thank you 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
-Russell Bufalino

@Leo Gura Thank you so much for your response. 

I will let go of this fear. 

-Russell Bufalino

@IJB063 I guess I was thinking that when you are conscious, you cannot be hurt by things you cannot control. 

Edited by JessiChell

-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell You’ll still be hurt when a relationship fails or someone you trust betrays you

I don’t think that being conscious is necessarily about the avoidance of pain, although that’s part of it

I think what being conscious really is about is helping you when you are in pain or when you have been hurt, and to help you avoid being hurt in the first place

I don’t think you’re ever going to transcend suffering unless you’re the Buddha, even Jesus Christ was hurt by things he couldn’t control

What matters is how you deal with that, and the more conscious you are the better you’ll be able to

@IJB063 hmmm. Okay. I'm still like a baby to this. I might have more questions later. Let me finish the book. 

-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell Refer your questions to my bald headed friend @Leo Gura I’m in no way qualified to answer them, and this shits for you to figure out sister 

godbless

@IJB063 haha well obviously all my posts are directly to Leo. 

But I know he's a busy guy. I take everything people say on here with a grain of salt. So, no worries on sharing your opinion. 

I know there's people here who have done more work than myself, because I'm still really new, and they may be able to answer basic stuff. 

Most of my stuff is tier 1 understanding. 

Have a great night. 

-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell I'd recommend looking for someone who's hungry for consciousness work and inner transformation. This is a life-time work so consistency across time is one good indicator. When I met my wife, she was already doing inner work for 4 years and that's why we matched.

Make good use of your initial stages and try lots of different things before you have to fight against the crystallization of your "spiritual concepts". For instance, check this out:

unborn Truth

@JessiChell 

Once you’ve realised yourself as love, you’ll do whatever is raising love and consciousness the most in any given moment. It could be any of the things above, or something completely different. No need to worry about it now, once you’re there, you’ll know.

It’s a great book. Helped me a lot when I first read it. Try the exercises and see how you feel. Completely normal to have resistance to these things. Try and make it playful?

PS: Even enlightened people have thoughts?

PPS: Enlightenment makes none of your problems go away. It just takes your problem with problems away.

PPPS: Thoughts are a great tool to help you make decisions. Why discard them when they’re helpful? ?

10 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@JessiChell I'd recommend looking for someone who's hungry for consciousness work and inner transformation. This is a life-time work so consistency across time is one good indicator. When I met my wife, she was already doing inner work for 4 years and that's why we matched.

Make good use of your initial stages and try lots of different things before you have to fight against the crystallization of your "spiritual concepts". For instance, check this out:

Jeeeez I'm in love now

@flume Your second PS is incredibly insightful and simple to understand. 

Thank you so much for the comment! I might steal that and post it somewhere. Lol

-Russell Bufalino

@ajasatya I've actually been looking for something like this that provides vegan meals. I looked it up and there's one, one state away from me but they're closed because of coronavirus. 

This I am definitely going to do in the future. However, I know I need to do something soon because I've been avoiding doing extreme inner work for a while. Mainly because I didnt know it existed. 

I've taken 5 days off work, because that's all i can do at the moment, and I've rented a cabin in the mountains and will be isolated for those 5 days. I will try to meditate but idk about doing 10 hours a day. I will be lucky if I can do two. 

The womens center i was going for is also closed until July so I'm just going to do it on my own. I hope 5 days is enough to get started to face some inner traumas or to force myself to look inward more. 

Right now, i have anxieties being away from my phone and it's so weird to not be talking to my ex, we would speak for long periods every day. I'm just detoxing all of this. 

Anyways, thank you for sharing. I'll definitely be doing this as soon as they open. 

She also seems really happy and sweet. Her personality seems very different to mine. I dont know if I would love it as much as she did. But I think that retreat would still build a little pillar of self-love for myself. 

Thank you for sharing ?

-Russell Bufalino

16 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Wife material.

3 hours ago, nistake said:

Wife material.

Hot witch girlfriend? Lol

You guys are so predictable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hot witch girlfriend? Lol

You guys are so predictable.

This was posted last week. She is looking for a spiritual man. It sounds like destiny to me. 

If you guys have a baby, it will be the new Buddha. :) 

Let's make it happen.