Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patok

Enlightenment - What's the big deal?

19 posts in this topic

Hi. Rupert Spira in one of his videos is talking about the issue that we are aleady enlightened but we are just not counciouss of it. I Attach the link below from yt:

In this case, I would also consider that being this "absolute force" is just extremely obvious from the fact of experiencing (for example eye closing and seeing nothingness as this fix element of the existence). So why should we claim that long hours/days/month/years is necessary for a person to be enlightened? It this "enlightenment" some kind of achievement?? It is just known empirically and logically..

Edited by Patok

You are not already enlightened. This is the dumbest thing spiritual people say.

Awakening is a specific state of consciousness. If you are not in this state, you are simply not awake and you are light years from awakening.

That being said, awakening is nowhere else but HERE and NOW.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

@Leo Gura So you're contradicting yourself now? A few years ago you were saying that enlightenment isn't an "emotional state" 

It's not an emotional state. It's a state of consciousness.

"State" is a much misused word by spiritual people. So be careful. What I mean by "state" is not necessarily what they mean by "state".

Technically, everything is a state. A state is not just an emotional high, which is how many spiritual teachers mis-define it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

33 minutes ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

@Leo Gura So you're contradicting yourself now? A few years ago you were saying that enlightenment isn't an "emotional state" 

Enlightenment = State of being Awake.

Is a state of how conscious God is, is not a state of your brain.

@Meta-Man Thanks, But what do you mean by deepening this realization? Could this realization be deeper? Because as I for example realize something then I... realize that. I accept something.

Edited by Patok

Enlightenment is not a state.

Falling asleep to the dream has no significance to our being, but it has significance to the illusory person. It goes through a lot of hustle to find being, then a spontaneous letting go of the person can happen, and the dream is revealed to be not real. It's just energy appearing in these forms. You are always love, you are always whole. 

7 minutes ago, traveler said:

Enlightenment is not a state.

Falling asleep to the dream has no significance to our being, but it has significance to the illusory person. It goes through a lot of hustle to find being, then a spontaneous letting go of the person can happen, and the dream is revealed to be not real. It's just energy appearing in these forms. You are always love, you are always whole. 

You are making a duality there which is not real.

Since you are only God, it's possible to be deluded into imagining that you are a human.

If not, if there was really something like the ego, then of course we could always say "You are always untouchable awareness" because we could separate between the ego and awareness/conscioussness.

But that is not the case. Therefore it depends on how awake you are 

Edited by Javfly33

20 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

I simply mean that this recognition burns away falsehood and misperception as it is recognized again and again and again as what one fundementally are. This true and absolute knowledge replaces the old false knowledge. Eventually this recognition will fully saturate, and no illusions are left. There will only be abiding non-dual awareness left. No more falling back into the hypnotic dream of twoness. Only Oneness.

Ok, Let's say I recognized that all materialism philosophy is false and I cannot be a human. So what then? Do I need to remind myself about that as many times as I can? That's quite strange because I realized that before, so.. should I come back to what I realized previously? Sounds like mind programming.

Edited by Patok

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

If not, a there was really something like the ego, then of course we could always say "You are always untouchable awareness" because we could separate between the ego and awareness/conscioussness.

Can you rewrite this please?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not already enlightened. This is the dumbest thing spiritual people say.

Oh, come on, Leo! Enough with the shitting on the advaitas. You're talking as if saying to someone that they're already enlightened would stop them from seeking. Of course it won't. Still, it is a valid pointer towards the NOW.

19 minutes ago, Patok said:

Ok, Let's say I recognized that all materialism philosophy is false and I cannot be a human. So what then? Do I need to remind myself about that as many times as I can?

It's not about realizing your true nature intellectually or recognizing that physicalism is false of anything like that. I think you guys would be surprised how enlightened someone can be and still be a materialist, Sam Harris, for example, is very high on the scale of persistent states. A materialist may be able to get enlightened or not, same for Idealist. It has nothing to do with your beliefs, certain beliefs do not increase/decrease your chances to get there.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

29 minutes ago, traveler said:

Can you rewrite this please?

When you say "has no significance to our being, but to the illusory person" it seems you are saying like there's some kind of difference between this two.

10 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

When you say "has no significance to our being, but to the illusory person" it seems you are saying like there's some kind of difference between this two.

That is not what I meant, but language can be real tricky.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"You are already God, just wake up", would it be more helpful? :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're already a pterodactyl. 

@Patok You mostly only get the big stuff you really, really, really, reeeeeally want in life. If you really want something that bad would you have faith in it coming without working for it? What if it wasn't the work at all that got you "there" but the strength of the desire, which required work to maintain from your current belief system? 

Then again, a watched pot never boils, so you'll have to throw away the desire and the work, but since everything is one, you can't rid what's really "yourself" of it anyway. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You're already a pterodactyl.

:D:D:D

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Enlightenment = State of being Awake.

Is a state of how conscious God is, is not a state of your brain.

Enlightenment =Self Realization, Absolute state of Conciousness. 

How concious God is, is state of ❤️ not brain. There is no such thing. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

You are already enlightened is said by those who allow kids to play spiritual games and protecting them in some sense from Truth. 

Do you really want the Truth? If you really are honest in spiritual quest you'll already experience yourself as IT fully. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity