TrustTheProcess

Enlightened Women

30 posts in this topic

Hey y'all

I am wondering why I do not see as many enlightened women as there are enlightened men.

I know that there is Mother Theresa, but I do not know of any other than that. 

Ken Wilber has a video where he implied that most spiritual techniques are not suited for women. Wondering what your thoughts are on that as well. 

Edited by louhad

Go look at the interviews at BATGAP on youtube. It's pretty much 50/50. I believe the male gurus get more recognition on average essentially because of the historical backdrop of traditionalist values in society. I also think charisma has a lot to do with masculinity.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, louhad said:

I am wondering why I do not see as many enlightened women as there are enlightened men.

Probably for the same reason you don't see as many women CEOs as men CEOs.

We live in a patriarchal and male-dominated culture.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There's still plenty if you look around, and more emerging. 

My own teacher, Ananda Devi, is a woman. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Law of Attraction, you imagine, it you create it. If you want to see more enlightened women, notice and look for more enlightened women. 

Who's enlightened anyway? You're the only one who gets to decide. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Dutch guy  @Meta-Man Thanks, I missed that one. I def am interested in learning about enlightenment from the more feminine perspective. 

@Leo Gura would you say that there are about as many enlightened women out there as there are enlightened men, but it is just that they do not have as much of a following as the men?

Edited by louhad

1 hour ago, louhad said:

would you say that there are about as many enlightened women out there as there are enlightened men, but it is just that they do not have as much of a following as the men?

No, I think there are less enlightened women because culture does not encourage women to pursue such things.

People largely become enlightened because culture guides them in that direction somehow. They rarely do it on their own.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There would have been an equal (if not more) number of enlightened women had it not been for the oppression of women since the beginning of time. 

Women never stood a chance with so many men pouncing over them and making sure their creative energy is never released. 

An intelligent woman was always considered a threat. 

If a woman was found to be exceptionally intelligent, fingers were pointed to her character and she was burned at the stake so that no other woman could dare to be like her. The male ego couldn't handle female superiority in any way. 

Only in the past two centuries and in the present Era, women have been able to   break the barriers and they are doing a pretty good job. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

We already had this discussion recently...

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Anna1 said:

❤️❤️

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

14 hours ago, Dutch guy said:

Genitals have little to do with enlightenment, we are all from mars.

Thank you for discouraging me to pursue it. 

This topic always reminds me of Reiki master invokes ny dirty mind. 

Pema Chodren is really good. I take your point though, it's probably for a number of reasons, maybe people are used to a male leader so gravitate to them more. Many of the more spiritually inclined societies can be more unequal with men and women. 

It would be good to see a balance but I think it will naturally happen as more societies progress, there's a lot of female teachers in the West who, if not enlightened are following that path, like Brene Brown for example. Women tend to be more spiritually gifted but are probably held back somewhat from exploring it fully 

They are usually more interested in having kids than in having Truth, sadly

Edited by Hello from Russia

31 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

They are more interested in having kids than in having the Truth, sadly

My type of woman. Ok I admit loving kind shy humble 'green' ones are. 

That's pretty much resembles Truth I guess. 

Oh I forgot punchline will get points but who cares. 

I guess that excludes @Anna1 from potential dating list.

(she will kill you man, yeah... Well introduced herr to dreamboard that's enough, introducing her to this forum means I am dead man) 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

50 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

They are usually more interested in having kids than in having Truth, sadly

Ouch. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Perhaps.... just a thought ;)....there are more or an equal amount of enlightened women.  Perhaps the feminine have less of a societal need to broadcast the journey. 

• Women, in general, enlighten in a different way than men. They tend to basically enlighten on the emotional level, while men tend to enlighten on the intellectual level. Left-brained vs. Right-brained enlightenment.
  • Women don't make noises about it as much as men do, because women have less louder voices and more gentler hearts.
  • Society imposes different roles, these roles shape the ways enlightenment manifest.
  • There are no schools or teachers that teach feminine enlightenment, and there's not much of conceptual frameworks that cover the journey of the feminine enlightenment. So, the ones that become enlightened don't even know it.
  • Only recently it's started to become a thing after psychoanalysis, Carl Jung, shadow work, and emotional healing, even though it's still not officially considered the feminine side of enlightenment.
Edited by The observer

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

she will kill you man, yeah...

Hilarious! ?

What does this mean-

"introducing her to this forum means I am dead man"

?‍♀️

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?