Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parththakkar12

Literalism on the Spiral

1 post in this topic

I'd like to have Leo's opinion on this (as he's interacted with lots of people on Non-duality/religion) : At what Spiral Stage does literalism start to become untenable?

I think that it is only at Tier 2, i.e. Stage Yellow does this become possible. The reason is as follows: At the transition from Green to Yellow, you start to develop the ability to sit with two opposing ideological perspectives without getting attached to either one. This creates a sensation of cognitive dissonance which you're able to hold. This is where you really start to see that your interpretations of something are actually different from their interpretations of it. So you stop getting attached to the 'literal interpretation' of it. Now your focus starts to go on resolving paradoxes, filling semantic gaps and having clear communication between ideological perspectives. This, I'd assume, is a part of becoming a 'Spiral Wizard'.

My question is not only for Leo, all of you can chime in.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee