tashawoodfall

Stuck in Orange

24 posts in this topic

To put it briefly…Suffered a lot of trauma and found Leo's channel 6 years ago (actually saved my life) 

When his first enlightenment video came out, it basically shook my whole world…to the core. 

I have to admit these last few years I've been embracing stage Orange (materialism etc) all while keeping these challenging truths in the back of my mind.

I'm finding it difficult to believe or subscribe to Stage Green…

and no amount of watching leo's videos or Gaia or sage seems to quite get me there.

So I feel stuck in a shallow place with no faith which has in a sense helped lead me into a bit of depression and biweekly alcohol binges.

Not sure where to go from here…

@tashawoodfall Exhaust stage Orange by diving deep into it by pursuing material success.

Work on improving your material lifestyle until you realize that it will not make you fulfilled. Then you'll be ready for Green.

In other words, Tony Robbins style success-oriented self-help is what you need. Not enlightenment or spirituality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I feel I have…it's been beneficial because I no longer have to work and there's no fulfillment with money anymore which is probably why I'm looking elsewhere…

Perhaps I do need to dive more into that style of self-help. Thank you.

@tashawoodfall What is it that motivates you? What do you want out of life?

I'm finding it challenging to become motivated by anything. I start projects and then get bored with it. Money and status isn't motivating. Relationships are not motivating…maybe I'm just in a depressive spell. It's challenging to find meaning. Even if it's just about having fun or evolving…it doesn't create any sort of spark in me anymore.  

I remember a few years ago having a reaction to materialism and thought I was transitioning into Green but I feel like I regressed. 

Used to be into tarot cards all of that classic Green stuff…and now bored with it. Not sure what's going on just makes me laugh.

My suggestion, go to some local Green festivals, like Burning Man festival events. Based on your profile you're in Nevada. Not only is Burning Man itself in Nevada, but there are many regional events (link to events below). I guarantee you'd propel strait into Green at one of these events. People are loving and welcoming. Get in with a fun group, do some psychedelics with them, go off on adventures, see some art and performances, maybe even hook up with some hippy guy/chick. These types of events are extremely inspirational and life-changing. If Green is what you want, this is 100% the best way I can think of to get there. Challenge yourself and step outside your comfort, and you will be greatly rewarded. 

https://regionals.burningman.org/regionals/north-america/las-vegas/

https://regionals.burningman.org/?s=Nevada

Edited by Jed Vassallo

Thank you, appreciate your recommendation.  I actually feel I did embrace Green very much so in the past…It's dawning on me that maybe I'm in between Green and Yellow thinking I was regressing into Orange (but find no pleasure in materialism or status) in a weird space with a touch of depression, probably several unhealthy beliefs, very much a lone wolf now…starting but not finishing projects…trying to put concepts in different domains together…so I got quite the mixture going on here xD

Anyway thanks again.

Same here

you’re not alone brother

All the material pursuits or successes feel shallow and empty to me

I don’t know what to do. I’m stuck 

Either get lost in excess materialism until it gets so empty you want to lay down and die or actively try tons of Green "activies" to get your mind to open up, I would do the latter. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@tashawoodfall Exhaust stage Orange by diving deep into it by pursuing material success.

Thank you for this Leo, I think this needs to be emphasized more on this site.  A lot of people go into stage green propped up by fake stage orange abundance.  This is in the form of student loans and lots of healthy, attractive, young, and intelligent members of the opposite sex all around them at University but not to be found as commonly in the real world.

This is a major reason for the failure of the hippy movement in the 1960s and 1970s as those people gave up their ways to become lawyers, entrepreneurs, and financial analysts.  Steve Jobs was one of them although I can't tell whether he was stage yellow, orange, or just dropping LSD all the time (which would be fake stage turquoise)

Edited by GenuinePerspectiveXC

When people learn about spiral dynamic they automatically being labeled with it (ohh yeah i knew it my whole life...ima green or orange). I did same at start, but that let me thinking....is called spiral dynamics for the reason. If you are born into privilege orange society that doesn't mean you can skip all to healthy green without integrate some good lesson from red or blue stages. To see clear you have to be the light. Light is actually made of all of the colours. Just observe your behavior with time and learn from the model.

Edited by dinone
add

@tashawoodfall Hey. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are trying to subscribe to ideas which aren't your own just because some random model tells you to. Or because an internet teacher convinced you. 

I mean alright, it's a useful model, but it makes people label themselves which is stereotyping in the same time.

You're not stuck in Orange, you just believe different things than the model presents. Find your own truth with or without subscribing to the spiral or any other model. When it's time, you will change your opinion by simply learning something new and profound by mere "accident" (because there are no accidents). 

Just know you don't have to rush or force anything. You need a healthy dose of self-love and understanding right now, not to believe something you don't actually believe. That's pure insanity!

Go with the flow on your own path. 

3 hours ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

Steve Jobs was one of them although I can't tell whether he was stage yellow, orange, or just dropping LSD all the time (which would be fake stage turquoise)

Very Stage Orange with some Green, he didnt have much real compassion for people, when the Foxconn/Apple suicides happened he didnt really seem to give a shit. 

A Green/Yellow person would find a sustainable solution to the problem. Theyve integrated heart/compassion from the earlier Green stage. 

Edited by Rilles

49 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Very Stage Orange with some Green, he didnt have much real compassion for people, when the Foxconn/Apple suicides happened he didnt really seem to give a shit. 

A Green/Yellow person would find a sustainable solution to the problem. Theyve integrated heart/compassion from the earlier Green stage. 

I thought his products were inspired by total empathy for the user as opposed to PCs.  So I think he went through stage green and at least fake turquoise while he was in India dropping acid.

I just can't tell whether he jumped straight to Yellow or if he mixed orange and green. The spiral is multi-faceted, so you can be different memes in different areas of your life.  Also, yellow is the first to respect all of the colors, and it's extensively explained in the spiral dynamics books that yellow leaders pick and choose when it's appropriate to implement each value system. So he may have thought that a few people getting depressed was worth the massive effects his company was creating, globally.

This would be a characteristic learned in stage red (hero meme) as the ends justify the means

Edit: in fact, what you're describing about making sure there's total equity would be a green behavior.  Yellow often begins itself by rejecting a lot of the impractical and naive green perspectives.

Remember, you can be an asshole at any stage.

50 minutes ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

I thought his products were inspired by total empathy for the user as opposed to PCs.  So I think he went through stage green and at least fake turquoise while he was in India dropping acid.

I just can't tell whether he jumped straight to Yellow or if he mixed orange and green. The spiral is multi-faceted, so you can be different memes in different areas of your life.  Also, yellow is the first to respect all of the colors, and it's extensively explained in the spiral dynamics books that yellow leaders pick and choose when it's appropriate to implement each value system. So he may have thought that a few people getting depressed was worth the massive effects his company was creating, globally.

This would be a characteristic learned in stage red (hero meme) as the ends justify the means

Edit: in fact, what you're describing about making sure there's total equity would be a green behavior.  Yellow often begins itself by rejecting a lot of the impractical and naive green perspectives.

http://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en/yellow/

I never said there should be total equity, I said a truly Yellow person would build a sustainable/ethical company. Not giving a crap about Chinese workers because a little kid gets his iphone is not Yellow, thats Orange with some Red. Yellow is about creating a life while stepping on the backs of others as little as possible. To do this you need to be very very systematic and sacrifice alot of your own pleasures. Also rejecting Green is not healthy, youre supposed to integrate it. 

Edited by Rilles

23 minutes ago, Rilles said:

http://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en/yellow/

I never said there should be total equity, I said a truly Yellow person would build a sustainable/ethical company. Not giving a crap about Chinese workers because a little kid gets his iphone is not Yellow, thats Orange with some Red. Yellow is about creating a life while stepping on the backs of others as little as possible. To do this you need to be very very systematic and sacrifice alot of your own pleasures. Also rejecting Green is not healthy, youre supposed to integrate it. 

First of all, let's understand that Chinese workers are not forced to work there.  However, factory work has proven to be preferable to subsistence farming and deeper povery.  In fact, one of the authors of the spiral dynamics book on the Middle East was saying that factory work has had limited success in Palestine in raising people's value systems in order to solve the conflict.  Would you rather do subsistence farming to live and die in poverty or earn 3x more?  When I was in Vietnam teaching English, I was still in stage Green a little bit and I tried to create a college class debate on whether fishing or factory work was preferable.  Everyone in the class thought I was ridiculous for even suggesting that it's preferable to work a dangerous subsistence fishing job over boring, steadily paid factory work.  It was interesting lesson.

Yellow is also about understanding all the perspectives and being effective about it my opinion.  The reason why I believe the yellow perspective starts with a rejection of green is because green precedes it, and I think green is the last to be re-integrated before moving to turquoise.

Also, what makes you think Jobs was living in a life of hedonistic pleasures?  And you realize the iphone began an unstoppable onslaught of revolutions that have completely changed the way the majority of the people on our planet live their day to day lives now?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Remember, you can be an asshole at any stage.

Are you calling me an asshole or Jobs.  Just wondering because I know for awhile you built your ego around LSD experiences, and I just called it 'fake turquoise.'

Not trying to be antagonistic or anything, just thought you might have moved on from that by now.

13 minutes ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

First of all, let's understand that Chinese workers are not forced to work there.  However, factory work has proven to be preferable to subsistence farming and deeper povery.  In fact, one of the authors of the spiral dynamics book on the Middle East was saying that factory work has had limited success in Palestine in raising people's value systems in order to solve the conflict.  Would you rather do subsistence farming to live and die in poverty or earn 3x more?  When I was in Vietnam teaching English, I was still in stage Green a little bit and I tried to create a college class debate on whether fishing or factory work was preferable.  Everyone in the class thought I was ridiculous for even suggesting that it's preferable to work a dangerous subsistence fishing job over boring, steadily paid factory work.  It was interesting lesson.

Yellow is also about understanding all the perspectives and being effective about it my opinion.  The reason why I believe the yellow perspective starts with a rejection of green is because green precedes it, and I think green is the last to be re-integrated before moving to turquoise.

Also, what makes you think Jobs was living in a life of hedonistic pleasures?  And you realize the iphone began an unstoppable onslaught of revolutions that have completely changed the way the majority of the people on our planet live their day to day lives now?

I agree with some and disagree with some, kind of tired of debating, I still dont think Steve Jobs was Yellow, maybe some in the cognitive sense but I think we will see much much more Yellow entrepreneurs in the future. Thanks for making me think though.