Flyboy

Leo: Why not DMT?

31 posts in this topic

This question is mostly for Leo, but would love to hear all opinions as well.

I'm on my own journey and have found Leo's deep explorations in higher consciousness work to be fascinating, with more depth and holistic richness than any other single source I've been able to find.  However, I have noticed one interesting curiosity... Leo almost never expands on personally using DMT (N, N-dimethyltryptamine) as a psychedelic tool, almost always preferring to speak about 5-MEO.  While I have not been able to try 5-MEO myself yet, I have begun exploring DMT in a number of ways and have opened a pandora's box of questions into the nature of the universe and reality.

Leo, as someone so interested in exactly this, what is your opinion on the DMT experience, and why do you almost never speak about using it for spiritual work?  I would be incredibly interested in your thoughts on these experiences, the entities and hyperdimensional worlds that one can encounter, and how these experiences "fit" into the picture of enlightenment that you have richly spoken of.

I deeply appreciate the work you're doing, and would really love a full-length video on this topic if that's something you're interested in creating and sharing.

I think he said 5 meo-dmt is 10 000 times more potent then dmt and less visual then dmt.

I haven't done DMT yet in large doses, only small doses.

I have been busy exploring and integrating other molecules.

No doubt DMT is awesome. But 5-MeO-DMT is awesomest ;)

One of my biggest gripes about DMT is that I don't like vaping things. The trip is too short and it's bad for your lungs. So I was looking for good methods of taking it rectally or orally, but that presents complications. I have yet to perfect my DMT method.

Also, once you discover the power and perfection of 5-MeO-DMT, you will be so happy you will want nothing else. It is literally perfection. I have to force myself to explore lesser molecules.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I hear you. I don’t like vaping things either, especially when it takes several hits and several seconds of holding your breath to get a breakthrough dose.

I have a strange breathing problem where I almost constantly feel like I’m suffocating and have the constant urge to take a deep breath, exacerbated by anxiety(Not pulmonary; the doctor said it’s most likely a nerve injury in neck/upper vertebrae with a also a psychological element) so having to hold my breath for several seconds while coming up on something as intense as DMT is very very difficult.

I wish you could just go to a psychedelic clinic to get it injected intravenously.

*sigh* Maybe someday. :|

3 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

get it injected intravenously

Plugging is basically that minus the needle.

@Leo Gura Doesn’t work for N,N,DMT too well unfortunately.  Could use harmalas but, I’m on medication that makes that pretty risky. 

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

@The Lucid Dreamer dmt has too much visuals. Darkness and silence is best for the trip to go all the way down. 5 meo or large amount of shrooms at darkness and silence. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

You’re right, the visuals can be distracting if all you’re trying to do is awaken. However, I’ve made it my mission to explore everything consciousness is capable of, and N,N,DMT is quite useful for that. I’m also very interested in inter-dimensional communication. 

12 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

However, I’ve made it my mission to explore everything consciousness is capable of, and N,N,DMT is quite useful for that

Definitely, additionally, if you want to have long trip shrooms are very good too (specially peak point, insights, and knowledge). I dont know why, but shrooms opened me up like a flower. 

Dont focus on trip, just sit, meditate and let go yourself As no self. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

One of my biggest gripes about DMT is that I don't like vaping things. The trip is too short and it's bad for your lungs. So I was looking for good methods of taking it rectally or orally, but that presents complications. I have yet to perfect my DMT method.

Also, once you discover the power and perfection of 5-MeO-DMT, you will be so happy you will want nothing else. It is literally perfection. I have to force myself to explore lesser molecules.

Is learning to brew your own ayahuasca an option? I feel like ayahuasca has much more potential than DMT or even 5-MeO-DMT due to duration. To me even LSD and shrooms are more useful than 5-MeO due to duration, but that's just me.

50 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Is learning to brew your own ayahuasca an option? I feel like ayahuasca has much more potential than DMT or even 5-MeO-DMT due to duration. To me even LSD and shrooms are more useful than 5-MeO due to duration, but that's just me.

I don't like brewing some nasty vomit-inducing sludge.

You can eat pure N,N-DMT + harmala, but that requires observing the MAOI diet.

DPT gives a solid 3 hour trip and it's super visionary. I imagine it's similar to Aya. And you can plug DPT and it has no tolerance.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I fully believe that 5-MeO is a life-changing experience.  Interestingly, I have heard 5-MeO and DMT referred to as the "Power" and the "Glory" respectively by other communities (almost as if they are twin pillars of high psychedelics).  Having experienced a couple of dozen breakthroughs on DMT, I can only say that calling this molecule "lesser" would be doing it a disservice.  It is more powerful and mysterious than my brain can comprehend.  It feels like waking up from a dream (aka. this reality) into a place made out of light that you have existed in eternally, and in that place meeting beings that are intelligent, sentient, autonomous, and vastly more powerful than yourself.

On my very first breakthrough, I was fortunate enough to experience the "central light (also known as the Source)" -- which literally felt like being in the center of a star, surrounded by infinite light and power and knowledge.  And in this place a great and powerful voice told me very clearly, "the purpose of life is to love."

So, in the context of your discoveries on 5-MeO and enlightenment, I would be very interested to hear how you compare these substances and reconcile the state of consciousness contained within the DMT dimension.  Who are these entities?  If we are god and god is infinite, are these places as "real" as our own world, and are these beings on the same journey as we are--all manifestations of an infinite intelligence?  Why can we access these states?  Why is DMT endogenous in virtually all living things, even inside our own brain?

I certainly intend to pursue these questions myself, but am only just beginning down this road and would love to hear a very advanced perspective on such things.

As far as administration, DMT is more accurately vaporized, not smoked, so the "smoke" is actually quite benign if the product is pure and cleanly vaporized in something like a Glass Vapor Genie.  The experience is short in duration, though like 5-MeO and Salvia, time very much disappears in this state of consciousness and trips can feel incredibly long in some cases.  Harmalas can be combined with vaporized DMT to slow everything down by a factor of 2, making it much more digestible mentally.  I have yet to try Harmalas + Oral DMT, but the MAOI diet is only necessary for a day or two prior, making me think this "pharma-huasca" has great potential for exploration as well.

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

@Leo Gura how long is a dpt trip smoked leo?

Never smoked it.

Like I said, I don't like smoking things. It's bad for the lungs. Especially now with coronavirus, it is foolish to stress your lungs with smoke/vape.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can eat pure N,N-DMT + harmala, but that requires observing the MAOI diet.

@Leo Gura, if I eat pure N,N-DMT with Peganum harmala, it will take effect, right?

Do I have to eat Peganum harmala as well or just smoke it?

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

1 minute ago, The Don said:

@Leo Gura, if I eat pure N,N-DMT with Peganum harmala, it will take effect, right?

Do I have to eat Peganum harmala as well or just smoke it?

Research "Pharmahuasca".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmahuasca

DMT visuals can brutal on Aya and you have to vomit and throw up to get this experience and feel like you're sick... tbh I'm not the biggest fan of visuals/visions. I can explore that dimension while asleep in dreams. 

Edited by Lyubov

I’ve almost completely turned my life around in 2 weeks thanks to N,N. There’s something about having reality completely shattered in 15 seconds that’s so awe inspiring. Instant communication with the godhead about what I can change in me here and now to be the kind of person / live the life that I want to. I had a purge/puke episode after accidentally sucking some of the ash sandwich through my pipe, and it was the most cathartic release to ever accompany a breakthrough I’ve had. I had my mouth open over the toilet after puking and could hear a million voices laughing and cheering me on for overcoming the fear of the purge. 

I currently have around five DMT trips in my belt.

I find DMT (vaped) to have distracting visuals and is too short. It kills the ego pretty well but there's little time to contemplate or meditate. It's BAM IN YOUR FACE then gone. I never tried Ayahuasca or Pharmahuasca.

The short lived characteristic of the experience could be a positive too lol. ATM I have a lot of free time thanks to the quarantine. Maybe DMT would be better if I was pretty busy.

Edited by Espaim