Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stenne

How to get out of my head?

14 posts in this topic

I have this problem whith talking to girls or taking action in other ereas and this keeps me stuck in the same place forever:) any advice or tips?

@Stenne

• Cold showers.
  • Shamanic Breathing.
  • Meditation. Mindfulness. Or combined.
  • Journaling.
  • Body awareness.

@Stenne

Let go of the belief it’s about girls. It’s not. It’s about noticing thoughts about a past & future are not true. There is no past or future. Reality is unfolding in accordance with your vibration. When you wander off in thought about a past or future which is not desirable to you, it doesn’t resonate with who you really are. Listen to feeling when this occurs, and be aware of seeing, hearing, breathing & feeling. 

Life is for this moment now. This experience now whatever it is. Attempts to put a future moment ahead of the experience of now just aren’t feeling good, because you don’t actually need to think about, or worry about, a “future”. Clean up the those thoughts about your self. You’re awesome, and not a single thought to the contrary will ever do. 

Posted (edited)

'How to get out of my head?'... well, an interesting thing I heard is - try to go into your head fully instead. I mean be really present in your head, full attention and feeling in there. Can you be lost in thoughts then?

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Its because you are needy in these situation. Idk what it is. Could be a need for validation, protection or control.

Realize you dont need any of that. Then instead of trying to fulfill your needs you can focus on enjoying the interaction and being in the moment. This will take you out of your head.

Extra step: Get into your belly and chest area, breath deeply. Get from "doing" into "being" state by asking the question "Can I just be?". You dont need to answer it in order to become present.

18 hours ago, Stenne said:

talking to girls or taking action

There is no shortcut for this.

Just do it -- is the solution. Just do it A LOT until you get good.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Posted (edited)

Sensing the physical sensation in the feet several times a day is also a good practice. With many nerve endings in the feet, they are easy to sense. Especially while standing. It's an effective practice in a high stress moment and also for getting and staying present.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Constant exposure is the way to go, show your brain it has nothing to fear, the reptilian part of your brain doesn't know that yet, but do it enough it will. Allow whatever sensations arise without judgement, focus on the sensations at the souls of your feet to ground you. Good luck brother.

Also look into Aniracetam ;) thank me later.

Read books on the mind or the brain.

Posted (edited)

@Stenne  Most of the people here as I see posted toxic advice. First of all, as @Nahm said, let go of the belief that seems so real. Girls are human just like you.

Yes, girls nowadays (especially young ones!) tend to be blind sheep who follow every trend and cannot recognize true values. If you're finding yourself a girl, you should look for someone that brings value in your life and someone you can share ideas with, be honest with and someone who motivates you to take action. Now, such a girl is really rare, and you have to earn her trust if you meet her. Prove you're worthy.

And about getting out of your head, the first step would be to stop asking this on an internet forum which fuels to your virtual reality-mode. Go out for a walk and thinking becomes clearer and more lucid if you stop spending so much time online. Read a physical book, or simply be in the present moment. 

Highly recommending to go outside with friends or by yourself. If you cannot do that maybe just watch nature videos. Helps to let go. 

Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHACKCNDMW8

Edited by Aquarius

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Surrender. Thoughts that appear while you are with girls are telling something and you can believe them, or not.

Wheter you surrender by just doing it and talking to them and facing the fear, or progressively you alteante with meditating or yoga etc and you surrender, it´s all the same. Just surrender. Let go of the fear.

Or stay in fear and be miserable. Is your choice.

Face the idea that makes you feel uncomfortable. Do what's emotionally difficult over and over.

Connect to Create ☼♡