Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joker_Theory

Being aware of being aware meditation help

9 posts in this topic

I am stuck with this meditation and get frustrated during the meditation. To me it's easy to focus on what i am seeing or if i am seeing nothing then that is easy to focus on that but i keep focus more on what i am seeing and get the sense that is not being aware of being aware. I do a guided meditation from Rupert Spira and every time i get what he is saying but i feel that i can't focus on it.

Any tips on what to focus should be? i know to focus on being aware on being aware but how do i do it?

Edited by Joker_Theory

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

be aware of your perception and realize yourr not them, keep doing that over and over, things will eventually get very mysterious...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

When frustration arises in your experience, notice that you are being aware of frustration. (If you weren't you would not know that 'you' get frustrated.)

When you don't know what focus on, notice that you are being aware of this confusion arising within experience.

When the mind is trying to logically understand how 'it' should be aware of being aware, notice that you are being aware of the mind trying to logically understand.

In your guided meditation, when feeling that you can't focus on being aware of being aware, be aware that you are aware of feeling that you can't focus on it. (If you weren't you wouldn't be able to react to this feeling.)

Keep on noticing forms of experience (thoughts, feelings, perceptions, etc.) arise within experience and keep noticing that you are aware of these forms. I would also suggest the following: When the mind is trying to control the being aware of being aware meditation, wanting it to be some preconceived concept of it, notice that you are aware of the mind trying to control the meditation. Put differently, when you notice desiring some different state than the one you are currently experiencing, notice that you are being aware of this desiring. Being aware of being aware is not a state of mind. A state X is relative to a state Y and is thus a form of experience, an object of experience. Being aware of being aware is a 'non-objective' experience. Be aware of the mind turning being aware of being aware into an object to be realized in the future. Being aware is already the case, now. Be aware that it is already the case.

Be aware that you are aware of the screen on which you are reading this text. Be aware that you are aware of the noises that appear in the mind as a result of this text. Be aware that you are aware that the color of this text is black. Be aware that you are aware of the white background of this forum. Etc.

Simplify your practice! Meditation should not be a complicated airy-fairy thing.

I'd suggest you practice focusing on your breath.

one day this will all be memories

@Rilles Thank you :)

@mindcentral Wow thank you, that is very helpful and what my meditation is lacking and what i was looking for. Great advice!!

@kag101  I have meditated for years on breath and other stuff but want to take it to a new level.

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

18 minutes ago, kag101 said:

Simplify your practice! Meditation should not be a complicated airy-fairy thing.

I'd suggest you practice focusing on your breath.

Being aware of being aware is very simple. It might appear complex when the mind tries to understand it intellectually, but actually being aware of being aware is profoundly simple, I would say simpler than focusing on the breath.
When the mind tries to grasp it rationally, you only need to notice that you are aware of this trying-to-grasp.

9 minutes ago, Joker_Theory said:

@Rilles Thank you :)

@mindcentral Wow thank you, that is very helpful and what my meditation is lacking and what i was looking for. Great advice!!

@kag101  I have meditated for years on breath and other stuff but want to take it to a new level.

No problem!

@mindcentral I also noticed that being a aware of being aware also gets stronger or more clear when you are really being aware of being aware without distractions. Like becoming more present in the present moment. :)

Oh and yeah i notice that i am aware of that too :)

Edited by Joker_Theory

@Nahm ty,