Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mada_

Can you be a web entrepreneur without being a web-developer?

12 posts in this topic

Can you start a successful online business on your own without being able to code a website?

If so, how would this work? Would you just keep contacting contractors?

If you start a business to fund a larger vision (e.g. You want to be a successful painter, so you start an online retail business selling hats), is learning the entire skill set of a web entrepreneur counter-productive to the mastery process of becoming a painter?

@Mada_ outsource is the way to go. Being focused matters a lot

I have seen people have some good success with some of the site building stuff too. It really depends on how crucial it is to your success. It is really good to come down to the amount of time or your budget you have to work on it. Having a well designed site is really going to make a huge difference on the retention and the level of interaction with the customers. So depending on how much you need it, then I would not cheap out on it. But you can grow and develop it over time too. It will really depends on what you need though ultimately. For me if I was just to do something for my reselling business shopify would be just fine for me as I am not looking to invest a ton of time into it. I would just want my application to move my listings there with ease, so I can offer recurring customers an incentive with discounts and pick up a bit more online traffic from web search. Now if I wanted something for my other work I would need something much more flexible and customized. 

Realize you have more time than you know and you need to learn way more skills than just one.

If you need a website I can show you how to do it, its not that hard

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

It's good to know the basics, but I always preferred outsourcing. If you have an interest in Web design then yeah but if you're just doing it for business reasons I don't think that's the best idea. 

All the most successful entrepreneurs weren't really technical guys, your role is more to learn your market and put a plan together 

codementor.io. There's also companies like Custombuildapp that allows you to build your own app without software development skills…and for graphic design/branding Fiverr maybe? Good luck.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:09 AM, Mada_ said:

Can you start a successful online business on your own without being able to code a website?

Of course. Most managers and executives don't know how to code.

Running a biz is about management and vision, not coding. In fact, if you're good a management and leadership it would be a waste of your time to code.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  hey aren't you good at coding? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Right now there are so many great solution regarding websites you can't really make an excuse about websites

14 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura  hey aren't you good at coding?

I'm competent at it, but it's not my strength and I do it less and less these days for that reason. I wasted a lot of time coding stuff I should have just outsourced.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Mada_ things like shopify make it so easy to start something like you mentioned on the first post, and there are some other solutions on the market where you don't have to code nearly at all and can focus fully on running your biz and selling theze hats