Inliytened1

Reality is a Mind - Materialists need to contemplate

187 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No it's not.  The key is understanding can a thing exist outside of Consciousness.  Its not about a sound.  We can also ask - does a tree fall with no one around?

Are you saying to yourself - oh it just happens and it's beyond our understanding?  Well that's just a concept.   Really think about what something would be without anyone conscious of it.   Would it be conscious of itself in order for it to be?

But to your earlier statement your right.  You are literally imagining the tree and that it can fall without you.  

Materialism debunked!!

Do you realize this will inevitably lead to solipsism?   If that's true Do I or anyone in this forum even exist independently from your awareness? If not.. Who are you talking with? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Arzack agreed. However, consciousness requires no refinement as it already pristine and immaculate. The knower who operates from it is whom requires refinement. This is the sole duty of spirituality as you stated

@Serotoninluv 

?I could feel the ‘beating to the punchness’ and I knew it was you! Lol. Even weirder...I’m presently walking through a forrest, and there are trees already lying on the ground. This place is crazy. 

@Someone here

I hear ya. Science can’t have an understanding though, because science is not an entity. You are however, and scientists are. There are scientists and even “ordinary people” who do understand this as well, you could too. There’s nothing to get, only beliefs to discard.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Do you realize this will inevitably lead to solipsism?   If that's true Do I or anyone in this forum even exist independently from your awareness? If not.. Who are you talking with? 

Thats just it.  There is ONLY awareness  or pure Being / consciousness and direct consciousness of this is enlightenment or awakening.  After awakening you can come back and play all the games you want.  There is only Being.  There is only infinite Love.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Serotoninluv 

?I could feel the ‘beating to the punchness’ and I knew it was you! Lol. Even weirder...I’m presently walking through a forrest, and there are trees already lying on the ground. This place is crazy. 

Good vibrations. Feels so good. . . ❤️ 

Thats just it.  There is ONLY awareness  or pure Being / consciousness and direct consciousness of this is enlightenment or awakening.  After awakening you can come back and play all the games you want.  There is only Being.  There is only infinite Love.

I'm not playing games tho lol 

-Osho

24 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Arzack and isn’t it just ineffably beautiful ?

lol, impermanence/aging/death/suffering/the dark side are a thing too, spirituality is not all roses like the current propaganda makes you believe. I was like you before, so I don't judge you in the slightest, but be aware that you are being misleaded by the current "spiritual environment". I'm not saying it's all doom and gloom, but it's not "all roses" either. Check my sign. for more info and trusted sources.

Edited by Arzack

2 minutes ago, Arzack said:

lol, impermanence/aging/death/suffering/the dark side are a thing too, spirituality is not all roses like the current propaganda makes you believe. I was like you before, so I don't judge you in the slightest, but be aware that you are being misleaded by the current "spiritual environment". I'm not saying it's all doom and gloom, but it's not "all roses" either. Check my sign. for more info and trusted sources.

Are you a materialist?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm not playing games tho lol 

I know.  I'm saying contemplate how something can be if no one is conscious of it.  Doesnt that change what it is?  It is no longer your perception of it.

It is itself!  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

I know.  I'm saying contemplate how something can be if no one is conscious of it.  Doesnt that change what it is?  It is no longer your perception of it.

It is itself!  

I study philosophy. I contemplated that question a lot. It's common in epistemology.  Just notice for you to even build the question you are assuming an "it". If the external world doesn't exist and that's such an obvious fact you wouldn't need to debunk "it" in the first place. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Arzack said:

@Inliytened1 No, lol. I was it before experiencing some crazy synchronicities. Check my sign. for info (the "story" link, found in the "homepage link").

I would beg you pause before proclaiming mental masturbation.  For it was my becoming directly conscious that Consciousness was fundamental that led to enlightenment.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 It could have happened in many other ways. And anyway do you remember your past lives? Assuming what you're saying is true (you attained enlightenment with this zen koan), I think that this was only "the drop that overflowed the vase", so to speak. In other words... you must be a very old soul (many reincarnations).

2 minutes ago, Arzack said:

@Inliytened1  In other words... you must be a very old soul (many reincarnations).

Indeed :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Arzack haha trust me I am well informed. I not long ago had a mystical experience which shone light on some of the existential depths of suffering.

My comment was not referring to “feel good spirituality” but rather the fundamental infinitude of all things. All things are immensely profound. Whether how painful or comforting they are. That is the beauty of life, to experience all the infinite film reels of reality. How one interprets this is up to them. To me, it is all utterly astounding.

But I would recommend in being careful you don’t head down a path of “nihilistic spirituality”. Which many on this forum appear to subliminally subscribe.

You just may discover that the duality you held of “doom and gloom” and “all roses” was nothing more than a fictitious illusion.

Edited by Jacobsrw

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Arzack haha trust me I am well informed. I not long ago had a mystical experience which shone light on some of the existential depths of suffering.

My comment was not referring to “feel good spirituality” but rather the fundamental infinitude of all things. All things are immensely profound. Whether how painful or comforting they are. That is the beauty of life, to experience all the infinite film reels of reality. How one interprets this is up to them. To me, it is all utterly astounding.

But I would recommend in being careful you don’t head down a path of “nihilistic spirituality”. Which many on this forum appear to subliminally subscribe. You may discover the duality you held of “doom and gloom” and “all roses” was nothing more than a fictitious illusion.

Well said.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

If there is no one,there is no tree,no forest,no sound.

Infinity.  Exactly.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.