Inliytened1

Reality is a Mind - Materialists need to contemplate

187 posts in this topic

I've posted about this before but i think it's an important discussion.  Does the question "if a tree falls in the forest with no one around make a sound" bother you?

Well it should.  You have to actually imagine the tree falling and making a sound for it to have any meaning whatsoever.  It cant exist without you imagining it.   Prior to thought or imagination  it just is.  It is pure isness or pure Being.  Infinite Love.  It is prior to thought.  It is itself.  Infinity.  Pure potential. Leo's what is perception video really covers this in depth.

Really contemplate that.  

So I'll ask it again.

Does a tree fall in the forest with no one around?

Guys this is the key to enlightenment.   It is the key to becoming directly conscious of Truth.    It is the key to discovering isness or that something is itself.  That you are yourself.

Reality is indeed a giant Mind and you can indeed discover that it is not a dumb, physical, objective reality.

For some it comes easy.  For many they are engrained in their culture - a materialist culture.  One they cannot break free from.  But the Truth is staring you in the face! You just need to open your mind.  Open your Mind!!!!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Thanks for pointers. 

It feels like you're trying to push 'someone' to get it, but there is only You ??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

The answer is already in the question.  If you ask " if a tree falls on a forest with nobody around does it make a sound"?. You just decided that there is a tree that's falling!  that's  the proposition that  you built the question on.

The key to answering the question is in the definition of "sound".  What you call sound is specifically " how the human mind interpret and translate the vibrations that the falling tree makes". For the tree to make "sound" it must fall and there must be a perceiving ear nearby to interpret the vibrations into  the thing that we call "sound ".  If there is a tree that's falling and nobody is around to perceive it.. It's gonna make vibrations.. not "sound".

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Thanks for pointers. 

It feels like you're trying to push 'someone' to get it, but there is only You ??

Exactly! I can play around though :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Arzack said:

Meh, I'd call this "spiritual mind masturbation". Not very different for usual mind masturbation like philosophy, science and politics.

It's not.  It's actually the key that unlocks enlightenment.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Exactly! I can play around though :)

Yes! I recently had a realization - how can I judge 'another' person behavior if the person is literally me. So, it's all good with materialists and you ?

Thanks for the post. 

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's not.  It's actually the key that unlocks enlightenment.  

It has been around for centuries, if it was that much effective we'd all be enlightened by now. 

And spiritual teachers/masters would just spam it everywhere all the time (lol).

Edited by Arzack

@Inliytened1 This is a great post.

They call this Naive Realism. One who assumes what they see exists and thus, substantiates all forthcoming experiences from this assumption.

Its fascinating because no one can validate their experience beyond the parameters of their own mind, which is coincidentally imparted by consciousness.

If one assumes Truth exists “out there” they forget they have superimposed the whole idea “out there”. There is no “out there”. Experience is boundaryless, meaning no distinctions can be drawn. The one drawing the line must be inside the very line they are drawing in order to validate a line was drawn.

Its like trying to explain something beyond the parameters of your own mind. One cannot step outside their mind to explain beyond it because it is inevitably the basis for what’s used to explain anything at all.

Edited by Jacobsrw

8 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Inliytened1 This is a great post.

They call this Naive Realism. One who assumes what they see exists and thus, substantiates all forthcoming experiences from this assumption.

Its fascinating because no one can validate their experience beyond the parameters of their own mind, which is coincidentally imparted by consciousness.

If one assumes Truth exists “out there” they forget they have superimposed the whole idea “out there”. There is no “out there”. Experience is boundaryless, meaning no distinctions can be drawn. The one drawing the line must be inside the very line they are drawing in order to validate a line was drawn.

Its like trying to explain something beyond the parameters of your own mind. One cannot step outside their mind to explain beyond it because it is inevitably the basis for what’s used to explain anything at all.

So you're basically giving credit to a "mind theory" by saying that mind is limited. Don't you see how you're contradicting your own theory this way?

This is all just mind masturbation, masked as "anti-mind".

Edited by Arzack

@Arzack No not quite. Mind is a product of consciousness which is what I meant when I stated “imparted by”. For consciousness to be expressed it uses the activity of mind to express it. Mind is limited due to its finite capacity to intermittently express (one thing at a time).

All activity is expressed by the mind which is facilitated by the infinitude of consciousness. In short, consciousness is primary.

Mt explanation may not have been clear which could have created a misunderstanding.

Edited by Jacobsrw

14 minutes ago, Arzack said:

It has been around for centuries, if it was that much effective we'd all be enlightened by now. 

And spiritual teachers/masters would just spam it everywhere all the time (lol).

your right - this is what spiritually gifted means.  Either you grasp it or you don't.

You believe in past lives.  Perhaps it takes many lives to grasp.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Arzack No not quite. Mind is a product of consciousness which is what I meant when I stated “imparted by”. For consciousness to be expressed it uses the activity of mind to express it.

All activity is expressed by the mind which is facilitated by the infinitude of consciousness. In short, consciousness is primary.

I explanation may not have been clear which could have created a misunderstanding.

Consciousness exists prior to mind. Just look at animals. Gurdjieff made a distinction between "1-brained", 2 brained and 3 brained consciousnesses.

1 brained: insects, only body feelings

2 brained: pets and other mammals, body + emotions

3 brained: humans, body + feelings + mind

Edited by Arzack

@Arzack This is essentially what I was stating. I agree. Gurdjieff is explaining consciousness in finite progressive forms. The more developed a sentient, the more consciousness it will exhibit. Hence why, a human is assumed the most conscious exhibiting agent. This could be arguable.

Consciousness is primary. Not hard to distinguish considering all facets of one’s experience requires in order to know it.

You = Mind = Consciousness = Infinity.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

How do you know?

@Someone here

Nice. What about the human mind? Is it other than vibrational?

Keep in mind I don't know everything. no one does. I'm m not some" know it all " God.  Science still have no deep understanding of how perception and awareness works but for know we know the apparent process.   

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The answer is already in the question.  If you ask " if a tree falls on a forest with nobody around does it make a sound"?. You just decided that there is a tree that's falling!  that's  the proposition that  you built the question on.

The key to answering the question is in the definition of "sound". 

No it's not.  The key is understanding can a thing exist outside of Consciousness.  Its not about a sound.  We can also ask - does a tree fall with no one around?

Are you saying to yourself - oh it just happens and it's beyond our understanding?  Well that's just a concept.   Really think about what something would be without anyone conscious of it.   Would it be conscious of itself in order for it to be?

But to your earlier statement your right.  You are literally imagining the tree and that it can fall without you.  

Materialism debunked!!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Jacobsrw Spiritual evolvement goes beyond the mind. It's about increased empathy/compassion/love. A refinement of consciousness which allows other lower consciousnesses to evolve rather than destroy them for your own survival/pleasure. 

Edited by Arzack