Matteo

shrooms trip report: bad company = bad trip

29 posts in this topic

this monday, two years after I did my last 1p-lsd trip, I finally dediced to do 2 grams of home grown golden teacher mushrooms, with lemon tek.

there are not many people where I live who have experience with psychedelics, and I was looking for someone to trip sit me. I found two guys on an online forum from my same city, and we met two months ago to talk about psychedelics and maybe trip sitting each other. they seemed kind people to me, and even though I don't know them very well, I had trust in them. so we met on monday to do mushrooms. I did 2 grams, the other guy (let's call him "Jack") did 1 gram and the third guy (let's call him "Bob") was the trip sitter. after three hours I was peaking. I couldn't keep my eyes closed as I whished to, so I sat on a couch with pen and paper writing down isights that I was having. Bob started talking to me, asking questions about what I was experiencing, and telling me things about his experiences, what he thinks about various subjects, and so on. he was talking to me like I was sober, like we were having a casual conversation on a regular day, but probably he didn't realize that I was tripping very hard. he was filling my head with things that I couldn't care less about in that moment, giving me a hard time focusing on the trip.

He's not very good at listening, he likes talking and being listened to, that I knew even before the trip, but I dindn't know it could be a problem. I had an incredible capacity to read him in that moment, and I felt that he really needed someone listening to him and loving him, and I was just doing that. I felt like I was trip sitting him instead of the opposite. I began to see some negative and sinister emotions coming out of him, and I felt that he could be dangerous. He said he wants to do cerimonies with many people and initate them, but I felt something very narcisistic about it. I had less and less trust in him, moment by moment, and at some point he told me that he had a history of drug abuse with cocain and other drugs. he never told me that. I felt that I didn't know him at all, and I felt that he enjoys trip sitting people because it's easy for him to manipulate them while they're vulnerable. I felt that he was enjoying me being so vulnerable in that moment, and that he felt like a lion salivating in front of his pray. I began considering the possibility that he was about to abuse me or kill me. so at that point I was very busy being very loving and open with him, because I felt that he needed that. In the meanwhile I was also worried about Jack on the other side of the room, because he did just one gram and was behaving very strangely, like he was completely drunk, and Bob wasn't doing much about it. I was about to panic, but strangely I held myself togheter well. then it got worse. Jack went downstairs and came back with a glass pipe and a container with 5-Meo-DMT in it, and gave it to Bob. I knew that Bob never did 5meo. he did regular DMT a few times, but not 5meo. So he was about to smoke it for the first time in front of me, while he was trip sitting me, having no idea of what he was getting into, not realizing that I was having a bad trip and basically leaving me to myself.

He could have had a panic attack, or a psychotic breakdown, or respiratory complications, or who knows what. He has no idea what 5meo is. I immediately stopped him and told him that he was making me feel very unsafe. He listened to me and didn't smoke. He got pizza instead. Jack said he came out of the trip, altough he was still behaving like a drunk person, and he called several friends on the phone, inviting them to come over. I didn't trust his friends either, because I didn't know who they were, and felt more endangered by their presence. eventually I came out of the trip and went home. altough all of those negative things, nobody killed no one and no harm was inflicted to anybody. I just had catastrophic visions of what could have happened. also I managed to realize many things about myself, to experience again the silent transmission of love radiating out of me, to consider more seriously the idea that I have invented everything that exists, and to understand deeper what is trust, and to see that I'm completely free to do whatever interests me in my life. I felt that everything that I created everything that happened that day in order to teach me a lesson about trust. I needed that lesson because I let many people abuse me in the past, because I trusted them without knowing them well. I'm not new to psychedelics, I've done 1p-lsd around 10 times with very intense trips, and some bad ones. nonetheless, this time I felt like a complete beginner and felt very naive for choosing these people without knowing almost nothing about them. I had far better trips when I was completely by myself.

to sum up, here's a few practical points and some insights. this is what I think right now, it might be true for you or not:

1. beginners must trip either with someone they know and trust a lot, or with an experienced and loving trip sitter.
2. tripping is done best by yourself, unless you're with a proper shaman maybe, but it's just a guess, and it's not that easy to find one.
3. it's easy to be naive with psychdelics, even when you think you're prepared and responsable. you may discover you're not.
4. psychedelics can be brutal. It's not a path for everyone, and it's best to be gentle with yourself and honest about what you can handle and what not.
5. at this stage of tripping, set and setting are very important. even music playing in the background can change everything about the trip. I think I was able to not freak out because I choose the right background music.
6. this is a generalization, but from what I've seen, at this point of history the average psychedelic user may be somewhat irresponsable and have an history of hard drug abuse. both of those guys have that. 
7. we are all looking for love. what you really want is to become love itself.
8. the reason why there are many spiritual teachers with different opinions is to allow you to not get attached to a particular idea and turn it into dogma, so that you have to find what's true for you by yourself.
9. it's important to follow your interest and your intuition, regardeless of what other people think. interest, passion, love and intuition is the compass that guides you through life.
10. mushrooms feel very toxic to me. there might be other substances and other methods of administration which are more respectful toward the body. treating the body well is very important.

there are other insights, but I have pages and pages of them, and you can have your own insights if you do psychedelics.

Edited by Matteo

Yeah, very basic mistake, you learned an important lesson. Your trip sitter has to be extremely pleasing to be around and empathic person, most people will act like bob did, turning the moment around himself, talking about himself etc.

Way better to trip alone than with some average trip sitter. 

First time i took LSD in a non-party environment was with a friend and a gf at the time. When the LSD started to take effect, i soon realized the mistake i made choosing my trip sitter since i started to notice all the shadow side of this friend of mine, he seemed extremely anxious, fidgety, doing weird faces, tensioning all his body and talking non-stop. I started to loop on negative thoughts, feel all his tensions and i was just trapped with them for several hours. 

I solved by putting my music and doing my own things, getting up when feeling like, walking around the house, talking what i wanted to talk, basically imposing my frame on them and i started to enjoy the trip and all gone well from there. After that, i tripped alone. 

Edited by Recursoinominado

Mushrooms feel toxic because they are. You need to do an alcohol extraction to remove all the toxic junk.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Mushrooms feel toxic because they are. You need to do an alcohol extraction to remove all the toxic junk.

Never heard of it, can you explain?

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Cubensis? What toxins are you talking about specifically 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Matteo does mushrooms feels less stimulating than acid? I always feel edgy on acid? is mushrooms different in this aspect .

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Just now, Eren Eeager said:

@Matteo does mushrooms feels less stimulating than acid? I always feel edgy on acid? is mushrooms different in this aspect .

I don't know if it's due to dosage or the nature of the substance, but for me mushrooms don't give me any concentration power like 1P-LSD does. they're quite wobbly and more unstable that acid. With acid everything is ultra-high definition, focus is razor sharp, and they cause me less visual distortion than mushrooms.

@Matteo Oh I love this massive increase in focus in acid. looks like acid is the way to go. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

32 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Matteo Oh I love this massive increase in focus in acid. looks like acid is the way to go. 

If you take high amount if shrooms, you can experience everything you can imagine, but you have to be ready for (sometimes happens sometimes not) the massive amount of terror. Specially, shrooms in darkness is the best for me. When i use high amount of lsd, I cant control the laughing, it impacts the experience. Dmt has crazy visuals. I have never tried 5 meo. But I believe, 5 meo is good to because I believe, it doesn’t show any visuals. Shrooms worked best for me.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

High enough dose = bad trip anyway if you're not an old soul (many reincarnations).

You need 6 tabs of LSD or equivalent in mushrooms to get a "spiritual improvement", less than that it's either recreational, useful experiment for newbees, or totally useless "mild bad trip". Check my sign. for sources and more info.

17 minutes ago, Arzack said:

You need 6 tabs of LSD

DO NOT listen to this guy.

3 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Never heard of it, can you explain?

Google alcohol extraction for mushrooms.

Better yet, buy pure synthetic 4-HO-DMT.

@Arzack  6 tabs my ass. you need only 1 or two 

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Google alcohol extraction for mushrooms.

Better yet, buy pure synthetic 4-HO-DMT.

I thought 4-AcO-DMT was the synthetic equivalent of cubensis.

Yeah, that’s why I tend not to trip with anyone. The mind becomes so sensitive that the slightest cues from body language can reveal the person’s deep underlying agendas. It can get super awkward and uncomfortable real quick. 

@Arzack

It is common knowledge baby !!!

6 tabs will fuck you in the ass

9 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Arzack

It is common knowledge baby !!!

6 tabs will fuck you in the ass

What is the dosage of 6 tabs with comparing dried shrooms? I remember i just did 1 tab in acid. It was just so funny:) 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Free Mind said:

I thought 4-AcO-DMT was the synthetic equivalent of cubensis.

No, it is different. Especially if plugged.