-Rowan

Zone of Genius (Feedback Please?)

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been refining and thinking deeply about the Zone of Genius part of the LPC.

The problem is I can't quite narrow it down. I've done pages of good brainstorming and have been doing some refining, and for now, these are the 3 statements which I feel are the best:

My Zone of Genius is:

·        Approaching life playfully, intuiting people’s energy, and conveying ideas succinctly to invoke a high-spirited state of aliveness and inspiration.

·        My humor and playfulness. The way I connect with people

·        Creatively communicating ideas and sparking people’s imagination

These 3 statements are all very accurately linked to my top strengths and appear in some way or another when I've been doing the Z.O.G exercise multiple times over.

I just need some feedback from you guys. Are they still too general? Do you guys understand it when you read it? I'm just looking for some general feedback from an outside perspective.

I think I'm getting really close and I do emotionally resonate with these statements on some level.

Thanks so much,

Rowan

Edited by -Rowan
Additional Info

Those look good. Some generality here is a good, as there are many ways to embody that stuff.

You can keep your Zone of Genius general, but then come up with a specific Impact Statement & LP. Maybe you haven't gotten to that part of the Course yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks Leo I really do appreciate it!

Yes I’ve been circling around a bit from the Z.O.G video and the Crafting your vision video. 

Cool, so a bit of generality is ok with the Z.O.G but try and have the impact statement very specific. 

I suppose that the Z.O.G statement I most emotionally resonate with would be the one to go with? I’ll play around with and refine those 3 I’ve got so far.

Thank you! :)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Those look good. Some generality here is a good, as there are many ways to embody that stuff.

You can keep your Zone of Genius general, but then come up with a specific Impact Statement & LP. Maybe you haven't gotten to that part of the Course yet.

@Leo Gura Do you think it's okay/effective to have multiple Zones of Genius?

@-Rowan To me it's like the firts one contains the other two, especially reading the second one I thought "isn't that what he just said?"

@Elisabeth

Damn, thanks! I kind of didn’t even really notice that if you didn’t point it out! I see what you mean.

Hey Rowan,

The ZOG still keeps you busy haha. Same here ;)

As you know from the LP course, the ZOG is ideally phrased in just a couple of words.

How does this resonate with you: Eminate inspiring, playful and creative energy.

May I ask, do you know your Ideal Medium? When I was (still am) working on finding my ZOG, I didnt focus so much on the ideal medium. But after I identified my ideal medium, I also made progress in finding my ZOG. 

@Artiekee

Yes, I suppose it still needs to be a little shorter. I'll play around with your suggested idea, thank you!

I haven't done too much brainstorming on the ideal medium on the whole. That's an interesting idea. Certainly, the ideal medium and the Z.O.G will be related in some way. My main idea right now is music. But it could be something else entirely. Music is the main medium I've been working with a lot of my life, however, I haven't had much experience with other mediums. So yes, more ideal medium brainstorming is needed.

Also to @Leo Gura - I would definitely recommend adding the Unique Ability 2.0 Workbook into the recommended resources of either the Strengths Assessment video or Z.O.G video. I used this book alongside all the other resources and found it very valuable (Came up with my 1st statement on the post through that workbook.) It also uses StrengthsFinder 2.0 and Kolbe, so it dovetails nicely. It would be a great recommended resource to add to the course. It is a good quality complimentary resource that was released in 2015/2016 hence why you might have missed recommending it in the course.

Having taken on the advice given here I've quickly refined from;

Statement 1

"Approaching life playfully, intuiting people’s energy, and conveying ideas succinctly to invoke a high-spirited state of aliveness and inspiration."

To Statement 2

"Emanating playful and creative energy to intuitively spark people’s imagination and invoke a high-spirited state of aliveness."

I labelled this with (Good Feeling!) because I got an even better feeling on this one than my original statement. It made me go "Yes!". 

I'll be continuing on the course with this for now. 

Thank you for the feedback!