Natasha

Buddha At The Gas Pump

34 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Iain is a great guy as well, if you haven’t, watch his interview with Francis from years ago, by the end he is so bewildered as Francis is just dropping truth bombs beyond Iain’s pay grade at the time:D

I remember that interview in a satsang-type setting.  It was a bit bizarre how triggered Iain was getting and would have been awkward af to be sitting there watching.

8 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Thankfully Francis’ calm presence is telling everyone everything is ok ?

Simply doesn’t work that way though. There has to be an openness on the part of the seeker. That openness is beyond words and actions. If there is no opening, no ‘transmission’ is possible.

People spend 50 years sitting in the lap of some guru, and in the end they’re no more enlightened than my grandma

Francis is like the gold standard for Western Seekers who want to live life post awakening I feel, he knows life is simply a celebration, is happy as larry, has a happy marriage and plays lots of sport, and isn't Anti- X, Y & Z, what a breath of fresh air. 

And, yes that is true, similar to how people meditate for decades and just get surface level benefits (which is fine ofc), as they say 'When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.' 

As a teacher, I guess there is only so much you can do in those situations. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Meta-Man  As Ramana always said, 'Silence Is The Highest Teaching.' 

People get so hooked on their practices like they must meditate 1000 hours a day or they'll never awaken, when of course practices have their place and are extremely beneficial, but it's not as binary as 'Meditate 10,000 hours and you will awaken.' 

Transmissions for those who are ready are honestly incredible. Nothing helped me more on my own journey. 

I feel teachers certainly can be very helpful with the integration process and overcoming blockages. 

We've all been there with that nagging question that just won't leave our head all day lol. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

6 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Of course, and these sincere questions are part of and comes out if that openness itself. Breaking down beliefsystems are part of the unfolding/unraveling of the illusion.

Yep. Awakening is not some cookie-cutter thing

Yeah, I remember the first thought I had from Eckhart that you aren’t your mind etc, there was so much resistance to my egotistic 16 year old self lol. 

And, not at all, a meditation / inquiry habit can be hugely beneficial, but eventually will need to be dropped as a rigid practice and allowed to simply arise as a natural, spontaneous occurrence. 

Funny thing is you could spontaneously end up meditating at 8am everyday for an hour, but instead it comes from a place of love, instead of a place of rigidity and forcefulness, same “action” yet worlds apart. 

Wow, Francis Lucille is awesome, thanks for sharing.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I like the ones talking about crazy paranormal shit, others are usually boring/useless.

I watched a lot of them and it's interesting how all people who attained actualization through meditation only (no psychedelics) almost always report of having a childhood full of mystical experiences. That's just proof of my theory that only very old souls (many reincarnations) can attain without psychedelics (or some more reincarnations, but fuck that: 50 years (average) of boredom in the astral plane in between reincarnations and you might even reincarnate in some real shitty situation if you have bad karma).

3 hours ago, Arzack said:

I watched a lot of them and it's interesting how all people who attained actualization through meditation only (no psychedelics) almost always report of having a childhood full of mystical experiences. That's just proof of my theory that only very old souls (many reincarnations) can attain without psychedelics (or some more reincarnations, but fuck that: 50 years (average) of boredom in the astral plane in between reincarnations and you might even reincarnate in some real shitty situation if you have bad karma).

Here's an anomaly episode where Rick took a break from the usual suspects and interviewed some psychadelic experts :D.

Regarding the fact that so many "awakened ones" on Rick's show say they had mystical experiences in childhood, Rick has now made this a running theory about awakening that he brings up in almost every interview, which bolsters his reincarnation/soul evolution narrative.  I'm not convinced that is the case at all and could become another "belief" rather than being truly awake to what is.  This could definitely be a hindrance to true awakening (as opposed to intellectual awakening).

Edited by Freakyboo

@Freakyboo I think the idea is that you build up some sort of momentum across different incarnations, and you would then expect to see evidence of this momentum manifesting itself early in childhood, which is a time where you can rule out cultural impressions as a potential cause. However, the notion of people being born with a certain inclination towards nonduality isn't necessarily indicative of the existence of past lives, but rather the idea that it's instead just not contigent on cultural conditions.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Carl-Richard, yes that is the theory Rick is trying to reinforce in these interviews.  What I'm trying to say is that Rick has a belief already and he is always looking for ways to bolster that belief through his guests, which they inevitably do.  Reincarnation and the soul's evolution itself is a belief system which can hinder real awakening in favour of the "spiritual ego' that clings to such beliefs.

@Arzack I'm not saying there isn't any validity to your point, but the way you're phrasing it sounds like you're looking for things to suit your own narrative, I would definitely say Past Lives play a role because it is an act of grace to even become interested in this work, but I wouldn't say you 'need' mystical experiences to awaken without Psyches, I didn't have any, and awakened without psyches, unless you count raving on MDMA at 17 as a psyche? Maybe I'm an old soul. But, it wasn't spontaneous it occurred due to transmissions & working 1-1 with a teacher. And, I definitely didn't have any mystical experiences when I was younger, I would like to look into past lives though, I think that could be fun. 

Here's some teacher's stories who awakened without Psyches that didn't have mystical experiences. 

https://advaitachannel.francislucille.com/en/a-spiritual-awakening/

https://realization.org/p/adyashanti/my-awakening.html 

I do agree though, a lot of teachers have some form of spontaneous event or awakening, I just don't think it's fair to say 'all', but like I said I think it is a huge act of grace to even be involved in this work, 99.9% of people couldn't give 2 fucks about awakening, could they? 

Just like I'm biased towards Transmissions and working 1-1 with teachers, I feel maybe you are slightly biased towards psyches because they helped you so much? 

Anyways, good luck on your path and keep us updated on the trips! :) 

Could also be some cherry picking, remembering those referencing childhood and not those who didn't mention it.

But there could be some truth to it I guess.

Also perhaps those who have a childhood inclination towards it, and pursue it seriously there after, may have a higher chance of becoming a teacher, it's been their course of study.

If you awaken at a later stage in life, odds are you already built a career, didn't gave up family life as much, weren't as knowledgeable in study, and probably woke up with the help of a teacher.

I love Batgap and I love Rick, he is a great interviewer because of the personality. Yes he talks a lot and repeat lots of the same stuff in interviews but I still think he is very humble and open minded. 

"awakening is an accident but spiritual practice makes you accident prone." 

"you are the ocean but also a wave, both at the same time" 

"we are all works in progress." 

Lol Rick says these in every interview but I still love him. 

Edited by Fishy

I love listening to Daniel speak.. it's almost meditation itself. He is the creator of the Samadhi movies and Awakentheworldfilm ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi