Natasha

Buddha At The Gas Pump

34 posts in this topic

Hello Actualized family,

I'm starting this thread to post and discuss your favorite Buddha At The Gas Pump episodes. I enjoy listening to the interviews with different self-realized beings and it fascinates me the variety of ways and paths others take on their spiritual journey. 

If you decide to post a video, please briefly share why you find that particular episode interesting and/or important to you :)

I'll start out with the Ken Wilber interview. For those who doesn't know, Ken Wilber is the father of Integral thinking and Integral Spirituality, SD Stage Yellow. This is what a Yellow mind thinks like B| Enjoy

I like this episode of Anita Moorjani. She is an Indian woman who had an NDE experience. She is very impressive and a delight to watch. 

I am always reminded of the Hindu concept of Reincarnation whenever I listen to Anita. 

She is quite a miracle. 

Enjoy 

Thanks to @Natasha for creating this topic. :)

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Welcome! These interviews are great spiritual tools to help us learn and grow :)  

@Meta-Man Fancis Lucille is awesome. I watched his interview a while back and thought it was quite impressive. 

I watched BatGap religiously for a long time before realising that Rick basically says the same things in every interview.  He has some really interesting guests on but he talks way too much, and repeats the same things over and over, which got old and I had to unsubscribe.  Which is a pity because it's a great format.  I just wish he was a better interviewer.

All the Jan Esmann interviews haha. That guy has some crazy stories :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Freakyboo said:

I watched BatGap religiously for a long time before realising that Rick basically says the same things in every interview.  He has some really interesting guests on but he talks way too much, and repeats the same things over and over, which got old and I had to unsubscribe.  Which is a pity because it's a great format.  I just wish he was a better interviewer.

So stuck up in his spiritual costume for decades.

No wonder spiritual people almost never wake the f*ck up ?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

6 hours ago, Preetom said:

:| Seems like you're the one throwing punches, Batman. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I really liked the first Hameed Ali interview, as well as the one from Karen Johnsson (they together formed the Diamond Approach).
I found her authenticity and openness quite refreshing

11 hours ago, Freakyboo said:

I haven't seen that much yet, but I feel he is at times trying to reframe everything that is said into his own framework. Which is probably great for his own synthesis, but it also sometimes feels like it is a forced try at grasping something that maybe he doesn't understand yet. Anyway, amazing format!

1 hour ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

I haven't seen that much yet, but I feel he is at times trying to reframe everything that is said into his own framework.

Isn't this exactly what you do when you try to understand something?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Meta-Man FFS that Francis interview is gold, wanted to bless the thread with it! 

I also agree RE: Rick Archer, I watched several and I'm not sure he's always able to handle those who have gone further than him very well, could've changed now though, it's almost like he wants his audience to know he is awake too, and not just the interviewer, but haven't watched in a while!

(Rick struggled here, but it was 8 years ago tbf) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

14 hours ago, Freakyboo said:

I sort of tune Rick out and only pay attention to the guest and what they're sharing in the interview. Rick never throws me off with his filler  narations :D

Rick is great, he just needs to use the 'I am eating rice' anecdote more often.

We can get Leo on Buddha Pump too. I think the way it works, Rick interviews those guests that receive most requests from viewers. We as a community can send enough of those requests. What do you guys think?

The format for requesting guests is, that once someone has been requested they can't be requested again.  I tried to request Leo a long while back but couldn't, as he'd already been requested on the site.

I then made a request for Isira to appear which wen through, and she was on the show a couple of months ago :).

I get the feeling that Rick likes a particular type of guest - usually one who's views/teachings align with his own.  I don't think Leo is someone Rick would have on his show, as he's too "out there" for Rick, and if he hasn't been invited on yet, he won't be invited.

22 hours ago, Preetom said:

Exactly :D.  Always the seeker.

21 minutes ago, Freakyboo said:

The format for requesting guests is, that once someone has been requested they can't be requested again.  I tried to request Leo a long while back but couldn't, as he'd already been requested on the site.

I then made a request for Isira to appear which wen through, and she was on the show a couple of months ago :).

I get the feeling that Rick likes a particular type of guest - usually one who's views/teachings align with his own.  I don't think Leo is someone Rick would have on his show, as he's too "out there" for Rick, and if he hasn't been invited on yet, he won't be invited.

Ok, thanks for the feedback :)

@Meta-Man Yes, I couldn’t agree more. 

I did think being around this many awake beings over time, one would at least begin to wake up, especially after a decade. Maybe, such a diverse array of perspectives isn’t as helpful as diving deep with 1 teacher, I guess all the knowledge they have could hold them back. 

Iain is a great guy as well, if you haven’t, watch his interview with Francis from years ago, by the end he is so bewildered as Francis is just dropping truth bombs beyond Iain’s pay grade at the time:D

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi