innerchild

Why these selfhelp bloggers are so much unrealistic?

2 posts in this topic

I have been pondering upon this idea for a very long time. So I've been consuming lots of material onto personal development, psychology and human behavior and I had a very significant growth through such consumption as well.

I'm quite interested in watching or reading content of any selfhelp gurus like Leo Gura. But I didn't find anyone's teachings or presentation, as powerful and deep as contents

produced by Leo Gura. Yes, I know we should pay attention to teachings and not on idealizing teachers.

So, now tell me how practical and truthful the information is given on above video?:

IS these things stated on that video is practically possible?. It literally took me over 5 weeks to get done with my selfhelp website (I spent 8 to 10 hours every single day). Who the hell could create an entire site in a single day?. Very outrages and over-simplifying reality. But this kinds of shit used to get a ton of views!. Cos they sound amazing and encouraging! :P those likes aren't for information, those for inducing dopamine hit or feedback loop! :P

I've watched many of his videos. Especially from his very beginning to certain important timeframes. I can feel how much effort he had invested onto making such a humungous leap from where he was started..

I wonder how Leo dealt with his self-doubts, desperation, and especially urge for achieving more in short time.

Shockingly, he has relatively very less amount of subscribers and views than other successful self-help gurus and teachers (especially YouTubers).

Before debunking any commonalities and patterns between such selfhelp teachers, pls finish watching this video below in order to grasp what I mean to say....

But I hope I certainly grasped the dynamics and nature of it....

Here how it goes, many YouTubers and selfhelp gurus are actually trying to achieve more results and do more projects in a short time!.

They're literally Growth Hungry Monsters. All they care about is RESULT, RESULT, AND RESULT... Also, they know it's hardly not possible to achieve certain levels of growth with merely Hardwork and Linear (Autistic) progress.

So, they use minimum resources to generate maximum RESULTS. They are not masters in a self-help field but the cunning fox in marketing, presentation, and pleasing people.

These are the things most of the Selfhelp Youtubers tend to do. (At least many of them)

i. Repurposing same shit - Repurposing same content and topic using different titles and description..

ii. Taking Advantage Of Others' Neuroticism - Well, they know about when and how to trigger one's neurotic and impulsive behaviors.

That's why many of them use such words like 'Stop working 9 to five, stop pay check to pay check culture, hard work, persistent, stop procrastinating, discipline, hustle, bustle and every other shits of its kind'

Because neuroticism is equally DESTRUCTIVE and ADDICTIVE like laziness, procrastination, feedback loop and other kind of it's nature.

iv. They're prioritizing QUANTITY, MORE NUMBERS, MORE COURSES than essence and reliability of it.

I know you might come up with certain idol teachers/Youtubers who're being so generous and honest to their audience. But, that's how a money-hungry person behaves. Especially growing Youtubers ruthlessly manipulates audience's psychology.

Selfhelp gurus are too much concerned about increasing popularity or brand awareness of their service/product than delivering truthful, practical and effective teachings.

Of course, you can create helpful content without compromising money. But, it needs enormous patience and research to make it in reality.

This is how most of the lifestyle bloggers promote themselves in Youtube!...

Persona and Physical Appearance of typical Lifestyle Blogger!....

i. nicely shaved head (a monk look)

ii. shorts and sunglass even if it's not summer

iii. Placing productivity quotes and phrases as a backdrop

iv. Promotes reading shit ton of books for just sake of READING!. Cos that induces impulsive behavior, impulsive behavior = recurring viewers. Yes! it's that simple.

v. Uploading shit ton of courses on Udemy and Skillshare.

-------------------------------

I can literally come up with 10x bigger list. But, I can't afford time for that....

So, I do not intend to hate or negate consuming their content. Of course you should watch them for sake of motivation and you can get some values from them.

But, beware of techniques and qualities they offer to you. Do your own research before blindly in taking them. Also, feel free to quit any of their teachings if they're

not bringing enough value or not suits your current mindset.

I would like to become a Selfhelp 'Guru' and Youtuber, I will in near future. I will try my best to be original and practical.

Of course, I will certainly crave for growth and easy success. Even, try to take advantage of viewer's psychology. I can't help it!

Definitely. I appreciate Leo is honest about this and doesn't from saying some things will take you probably years if not a decades.

Edited by Javfly33