Danioover9000

What is non-existence?

48 posts in this topic

Non-existence is impossible. Absolute infinity is logic itself and cannot include anything that is impossible. It must exclude it. Absolute infinity is all there could ever be.  Non-existence does not exist so it’s impossible to imagine. 

Edited by krockerman

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a concept.

Actually there is only existence.

That's a concept.

Actually there is only concepts.

?

3 hours ago, The observer said:

That's a concept.

Actually there is only concepts.

?

Concept =existence. 

Existence =concept. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Member said:

Does a dead person have any concepts?

4 minutes ago, Member said:

I don't know. I've never been dead before lol. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Member said:

Have you ever fainted?

Yes ofcourse! 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Member said:

Have you had any concepts while you were unconscious?

It's a contradiction to say I was or I am unconscious at some point of time.  "Unconsciousness" is similar to "non-existence". It's not a "state". It's a "no state".  I only live and realize the conscious states and I make up the concept of unconsciousness by noticing the gaps in my consciousness (from the moment I go to sleep to when I wake up). I can only assume what happened during that time as I had no experience of what actually happened during it.  

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's a contradiction to say I was or I am unconscious at some point of time.  "Unconsciousness" is similar to "non-existence". It's not a "state". It's a "no state".  I only live and realize the conscious states and I make up the concept of unconsciousness by noticing the gaps in my consciousness (from the moment I go to sleep to when I wake up). I can only assume what happened during that time as I had no experience of what actually happened during it.  

Then we both agree that unconsciousness means "non-existence". I don't remember anything before I was born and I truly doubt that death is an illusion. For me death means no perception of space/time, no concepts, no-self-awareness = non-existence. If somebody dies and comes back to prove me wrong, then I will believe in Life. Till then, I still believe in Death.

38 minutes ago, Member said:

Then we both agree that unconsciousness means "non-existence". I don't remember anything before I was born and I truly doubt that death is an illusion. For me death means no perception of space/time, no concepts, no-self-awareness = non-existence. If somebody dies and comes back to prove me wrong, then I will believe in Life. Till then, I still believe in Death.

I agree. But I'm open that I can verify that by myself without needing someone to come back from death to tell me what's there (as if that's even a valid proof anyways). 

-Osho

Non existence is not a concept, it happens when the universe is void and you lose awareness.

Also the explanation that Leo uses here to bring his point is invalid, It's not because there is a concept that it doesn't points to reality. It's not because there is a map that there isn't a terrain.

There cannot be "non-existence". There can only be an experience of existence or a no-experience of existence. Experience of existence is what we call your waking life (perception). No-experience of existence is everything else except your individual waking life. For the latter, you don't experience it, you only have thoughts about it in your experience of existence. That's how the two intertwine. It's really simple, but people are deluded and make everything complex.

Everything I said here and everything anyone will ever say about this topic is unnecessary. A lot of delusion and mental masturbation going on here. People aren't able to distinguish between their thoughts and reality. And also people fail to understand that their understanding is based on paradigms which they don't even question. There could be no proper understanding without stepping out of all paradigms, including the "direct experience" paradigm, which is based on faulty assumptions, such as nihilism and solipsism. No wonder why this paradigm produces these particular two results consistently.

11 minutes ago, The observer said:

There cannot be "non-existence". There can only be an experience of existence or a no-experience of existence. Experience of existence is what we call your waking life (perception). No-experience of existence is everything else except your individual waking life. For the latter, you don't experience it, you only have thoughts about it in your experience of existence. That's how the two intertwine. It's really simple, but people are deluded and make everything complex.

Everything I said here and everything anyone will ever say about this topic is unnecessary. A lot of delusion and mental masturbation going on here. People aren't able to distinguish between their thoughts and reality. And also people fail to understand that their understanding is based on paradigms which they don't even question. There could be no proper understanding without stepping out of all paradigms, including the "direct experience" paradigm, which is based on faulty assumptions, such as nihilism and solipsism. No wonder why this paradigm produces these particular two results consistently.

I think that's what everyone is saying lol 

-Osho

> There cannot be "non-existence".

> There can only be [...] a no-experience of existence

Chose one, LOL

@Someone here It doesn't help you to say things you don't actually know. Be yourself. Be skeptical until you know. Don't be a sheep just because you don't feel like you belong. Don't let the masses affect you. Don't let them change you by making you feel inferior. You're not inferior. Be who you are.

@Tetcher It's not my problem that you don't get it. And with your attitude, I won't even bother and explain, even though it's very clear what I said.

9 minutes ago, The observer said:

@Someone here It doesn't help you to say things you don't actually know. Be yourself. Be skeptical until you know. Don't be a sheep just because you don't feel like you belong. Don't let the masses affect you. Don't let them change you by making you feel inferior. You're not inferior. Be who you are.

@Tetcher

1 hour ago, The observer said:

Don't worry bro.. I don't say stuff that I don't know or have no clue about. You don't get that with me :)

-Osho