Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Consept

What do you guys think of new school spiritual teachers (Aaron Doughty etc)

24 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Consept said:

Great to hear your experience bro, its all a journey anyway. I think im seeing that a lot of these guys do just treat it as a business, maybe they had some awakening experience or maybe they just heard about things like the LoA and decided to make an identity around it, but either way theyve chosen to monetise it heavily which i get but i dont think theyre coming from a high level perspective. 

Shame you had the bad timing with Abke, i think hes one of the good ones. i would say though dont rely on just one teacher, in this case Leo for you, no shade on him but i think its really beneficial to get a few perspectives and different understandings on your journey. One guy i really like is Paul Hedderman for example

Yes brother. I believe he has an awakening, but monetizing it at that point. After he got mad, it felt like I wasted his time and energy because I tend to ask him alot of questions back then. I'd like to clarify that I knew what I'm suppose to be doing at that time, just that maybe I was looking for a validation from other people that what I'm pursuing is the right thing. Basically confused from the chaotic world that we lived in. My heart tells me to pursue my dreams but my mind says otherwise. That was alot of teaching for myself about people in general, I'm used to be so naive.

Anyway, don't cha worry! Before Leo, I also checked Teal Swan and Ralph Smart. For Teal, I started around 2 years ago with her Shadow Work stuffs, it was good. For Ralph, for the feel good vibes, but recently it felt repetitive so I dont watch him much often, though I loved his style, it makes me smile :)

I will check Aaron again just for you guys! I will give him a chance, maybe he will shed a light on some of my queries before. I just checked him now, I love his take on psychedelics. He talks so well as well and I loved podcast!

EDIT: Can Psychedelics Help Us Heal? // HTP Clips

--

Nowadays though, I tend to only watch when needed. After like many years of soul searching, its better to get the best kind of information from within.

Edited by Rayster
update

Aaron D is cool, he is very repetitive though. I stopped watching after seeing the break up video he made.

I don't like these people at all. They are wildly popular, but I don't get why. The McDonald's of Spirituality.

Yeah, they provide value. Personal-development level value. Nothing special. Just money to make, marketing, and ego. Just your average Joe in front of you, its desires and undertakings. 

Everything is on repeat. Do you see this? It is either getting lost in maya or liberation (turning to oneself).

Edited by student