JakeR

A Critique and a Warning About Leo Gura's Outrageous Experiments in Consciousness

13 posts in this topic

What do people think of this critique?

Watched 23 minutes, i am going to save you some time:

• All they talk about is the danger of doing 5-MeO-DMT on a bathtub, his friend was experienced with it and died this way.

Well, i am sure Leo is aware of the danger and does what he can to minimize it to the point of not taking dumb risks. It is no surprise for anyone that taking strong psychedelics substances in large quantities for a long period of time by himself has an inherent risk that can't be totally erased. 

Yes its risky, in the sense that this is all actually real and there is death to be had. But when your realize there is no death and its all just appearances, it's no different than eating a cheeseburger. in fact that would probably be more dangerous.

I would not do 5meo near water personally too but I also would not climb up a mountain, skydive, ride a motorcycle but people are free to do whatever they want as long as they are not harming another person.  

People shoot themselves literal rockets that can explode in the name of discovery. I would never do that unless someone can guarantee me that I would meet a spiritually evolved alien. They have the right of free speech but I don't think they should be judging Leo, in fact, the amount of judgment in general in our society is way too high

Interesting channel. And at least it's a coherent critique. Not like pretty much the rest of youtubers that critiques the channel and don't know a heck about enlightenment.

There are other noteworthy points of critique than the bathtub issue, I suggest watching the whole thing

Suppose you made a video and did something risky,

and at the time you could have died doing this.

And then later,  somebody watches the video and they try
doing the same thing

but they die in the process. 

You might be horrified and feel sorry this occurred.  

But you might (depending on who you are)  instead think 
it was a valiant attempt 

Edited by Nak Khid

2 hours ago, molosku said:

There are other noteworthy points of critique than the bathtub issue

Agreed

00:00 - 26:30 bathtub issue

26:30 - 51:20 critique

53:00 Extra commentary

Edited by Alextvvv

Jesus...I'd rather go jerk off for an hour. Why are they talking about the same thing....slowly....and strangely for extended periods of time? Plus...Leo said there was barely any water in his tub? Life threatening? Haha. Alright

Also, I'd be interested in hearing about what these have as practises. I wonder how their hour and a half every day kriya yoga self enquiry practise go. I wonder how their 7 day intense 5meo retreats are going...even though that's quite little. I'd be interested to hear how their enlightenment experiences went...yeah. I wonder how their enjoying perpetual bliss and eternal life

@Aaron p Have you ever inquired to why you think you NEED to do such long practices and almost struggle your way to awakening, and that if you're not struggling or doing the most in terms of hours you're not getting anywhere. 

Just a genuine question as if you are doing these with the expectation of eventually becoming awake in some imagined future, maybe it's time to let it all go and realise This is it, and that now is the only time you can awaken, not after you do 7 1000000 hours of meditation and 25 5MEO retreats. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Valid critique. Good video quality and the discussion keeps the viewer's attention.

But sometimes they go on weird tangents like "Leo wants to be the best, the most Enlightened, so American of him".

I watched from a 27-minute mark, because of the comments above.

Edited by Girzo

Time-stamped an interesting point. This is what I mean by Explorer vs Master.

The Explorer will come back and have an urgency to talk about his experience, because it is not actual for him. It was temporary and is now gone, so he has to use his memory and concepts to attempt to communicate it.

The master has no true need to do this, because it is his lived experience. He will be able to show the experience through the way he is, not just by the concepts he is communicating.

Infact, the explorer is so excited about sharing his memories that he will not take into consideration whether or not what he will say will be detrimental to the flourishing of those with whom he is communicating. The explorers priority is sharing, rather than recreating the experience, expanding it into others.

Glory to Israel