ActualizedDavid

Watch this / Toxic world of self help

16 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, GGG said:

work smart, not hard.

I work smart. And hard :)

Result: I am unstoppable.

unborn Truth

I skipped through it. In the end he says self help can be good but not to walk into the traps he walked into.

Can you summarize them here?

6 minutes ago, universe said:

Can you summarize them here?

Every trap that he fell was an extension of the fact that he didn't do inner work for himself. He did it so he could look cool for others. That's all.

unborn Truth

I'd like to see a video on the toxic world of no self-help.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So the ego can poison and ruin anything it touches including self-help, what else is new?

hrhrhtewgfegege

@universe I watched this the other day along with some of his other videos and he makes some good points. 

Basically, don't fall into the trap of merely consuming PD content without taking action, don't just watch videos of people going to the gym, actually start a Gym Routine. Basically, 20 minutes about that and how certain people will exploit this en masse, which most people know. 

The equivalent in Non-Duality is reading endless books and watching endless videos without ever actually meditating or 'doing the work' and thinking you are having an impact. 

Implement what you have learned so far instead of mindlessly consuming more and more without implementing is the message, and I think it's an important one for sure. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Stenne Not at all, basically, use Self-Help for what it is meant to do- HELP YOU, instead of just consuming content and thinking you're getting somewhere. 

Read a book and before reading another 5, implement the key teachings of the book.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 2020. 05. 15. at 2:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

I'd like to see a video on the toxic world of no self-help.

Oh wait

On 5/15/2020 at 0:52 PM, ajasatya said:

Every trap that he fell was an extension of the fact that he didn't do inner work for himself. He did it so he could look cool for others. That's all.

This. Doing self help "unconsciously" is not the one

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Even self help can become an ego trip when tainted by the ego's maneuvers. This applies to everything. It's called hijacking. 

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. 

Creating beauty is in the hands of the artist/creator. 

With a bad mind, you create bad. 

With a pure mind, you create beauty. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.