Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Someone here

Is life a dream?

99 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Anytime brother ?

You’re a funny guy, I enjoy your presence on the forums ?

Yes I am enjoying my eternal presence too. Feeling is mutual. ☺️

Once one bold guy who has no clue about marketing told me this. 

"Yes, but to be all alone is to be totally together. Don't forget that part." 

Need to reward myself. 

One witch girlfriend let it be 2 at same time. 

I  have relationship with 2 hot witch girls. (well need to make insurance if she leaves me) 

Don't judge it's self love. 

Nailed it bro.Much more fun then nondualistic philosophical debates

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Can we get a discussion going on the topic of this thread or we can't?@Serotoninluv

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Notice how you call my position of not accepting your ideas because I think it's not convincing a "close minded" when you are doing just the same with my ideas. 

This isn’t about “my” ideas vs “your” ideas. I actually agree with you ideas of a physical reality (I am a science teacher). What I’m saying is that the ideas are limited and you will not expand and deepen by demanding “evidence” within the confines of the contracted mindset.

Notice over the last month how you’ve said over and over and over. . . “Show me evidence. That’s not evidence. I don’t find that convincing”. This is a merry-go-round that maintains contraction. It is a mind trying to control an internal narrative. It’s not about your idea vs someone else’s idea. It’s about introspection, observing how your mind works and having realizations / direct experience beyond the intellectual thought stories you are attached to.

How much time are you spending in thoughtless spaces exploring things like energetics, motion, intuition, feelings, presence and creativity (without any thought stories). To me, you seem all-in to a particular thought paradigm.

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Please stop it. You don't know me or my intentions.  That's not so open minded of you to accuse me just because you don't like my questions for some reason. 

This isn’t about you or your questions. It is about orientation. It’s context dependent. As I’ve said, I actually agree with your position on physical reality. You just aren’t seeing that it is a contracted position.

The question “what is dream and what is real?” can have very different orientations. 

If you actually wanted to learn what is dream and what is real, you would be asking questions about how you can discover this for yourself. There are many people on the forum highly experienced in this area. Then, you would be actually be doing the practice. 

If someone wanted to discover what it’s like to live n Tasmania, they would be taking action. They would be learning the language, planning the trip and actually going and living in Tasmania. They wouldn’t be sitting in a chair debating what it’s like.

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

Wise guy

@Someone here

So we’re telling you ‘it is so and so’.

Then you say ‘no it is not so and so’

Then we are telling you that ‘you are not seeing things the way they really are. The boogieman ain’t real’ 

Then you say ‘no I am seeing things the way they are, because that is what it appears to me’

Then we say ‘That’s because you are just imagining it to be so. You can break the spell’

Then you say ‘No that’s the way it is, period’

See how rigid that is?

Do you agree that there is a truth and it's discoverable? 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Do you agree that there is a truth and it's discoverable? 

Yes there is and trust me you will die for it. 

Yes I'll give ya that it is discoverable. 

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

energetic orientation

Subjective / assumption 

@Someone here             

Heres a little thought experiment 

If you truly believe the mind is a material thing, run by neurons, then you could say it is like a computer.

There are different types of computers with different circuitry / components to one another, which serve different purposes. Some can be used to auto-pilot a plane, or take a photo on your phone.

So in theory, a different 'cocktail' of neurons could create ( dream ) an entirely different reality in which science is redundant!

This little thought experiment shows that the materialist paradigm, and science is essentially imaginary. You can disprove the materialist paradigm... within the materialist paradigm? 

Your currently state, what you call reality, is NOT special! There are many other states!!!!

Now of course, the mind is not run by neurons. Those are imaginary :D

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This isn’t about you or your questions. It is about orientation. It’s context dependent. As I’ve said, I actually agree with your position on physical reality. You just aren’t seeing that it is a contracted position.

The question “what is dream and what is real?” can have very different orientations. 

If you actually wanted to learn what is dream and what is real, you would be asking questions about how you can discover this for yourself. There are many people on the forum highly experienced in this area. Then, you would be actually be doing the practice. 

If someone wanted to discover what it’s like to live n Tasmania, they would be taking action. They would be learning the language, planning the trip and actually going and living in Tasmania. They wouldn’t be sitting in a chair debating what it’s like.

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

What do you mean by "orientation"?  My intentions? . 

I'm doing simple spiritual practices to the limit of my capacity (reading books contemplating meditation listening to Leo and spiritual teachers).  I joined this forum because I think having a discussion about these questions of mine with a people interested and knowledgeable in the topic is a spiritual practice in itself. 

-Osho

30 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It depends on the energetic orientation.

Also, you are capable of changing the energy, rather than returning it 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

7 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Truth exists.

And it might not be what one initially held to be true.

I'm not holding the truth to be anything yet (except the raw data in my direct experience.. Anything else is under investigation). 

-Osho

9 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

Subjective / assumption 

@Someone here             

Heres a little thought experiment 

If you truly believe the mind is a material thing, run by neurons, then you could say it is like a computer.

There are different types of computers with different circuitry / components to one another, which serve different purposes. Some can be used to auto-pilot a plane, or take a photo on your phone.

So in theory, a different 'cocktail' of neurons could create ( dream ) an entirely different reality in which science is redundant!

This little thought experiment shows that the materialist paradigm, and science is essentially imaginary. You can disprove the materialist paradigm... within the materialist paradigm? 

Your currently state, what you call reality, is NOT special! There are many other states!!!!

Now of course, the mind is not run by neurons. Those are imaginary :D

LOL I'm confused. You said the neurons can create different versions of reality(which is what materialism says) and then you said thers is no neurons!, 

-Osho

@Someone hereImagine  You went to the market and you buy 1 kg mango and you pay 2$ for the mango. And you return back to your home. You open the door and went to the kitchen. You put the mangoes in the fridge except one. You cut that mango and have a slice of it. Now tell me how the mango taste.? 

@Someone here

I think you are missing my intention. That was a thought experiment. 

Which was intended to make you consider that your specific 'version' of reality is not any more real than any other, without getting you to believe anything other than what you already do. 

Edited by SamueLSD

4 minutes ago, Karas said:

@Someone hereImagine  You went to the market and you buy 1 kg mango and you pay 2$ for the mango. And you return back to your home. You open the door and went to the kitchen. You put the mangoes in the fridge except one. You cut that mango and have a slice of it. Now tell me how the mango taste.? 

Sugary and delicious lol

-Osho

@Karas How did you gain such wisdom? 

5 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

@Someone here

I think you are missing my intention. That was a thought experiment. 

Which was intended to make you consider that your specific 'version' of reality is not any more real than any other, without getting you to believe anything other than what you already do. 

9 minutes ago, Karas said:

-Osho

I think we are getting away from the original questions in OP.  It's not about real VS imagination. I think these two are not opposites. An imagination is real if it's actualized.

what do we specifically mean when use the term "dream" when describing reality? . 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho