Ethan1

What are your thoughts about marijuana?

32 posts in this topic

I'm curious your thoughts on marijuana.

I have a friend that smokes all the time. I have never smoked pot before ever. I've lived in lower Alabama most of my life where weed wasn't around as much. Never really put much thought toward using it. I personally don't see it as bad or good. It's more relative to the user and their unique situation/circumstances. 

Story to give context:

As of right now, I'm living in a RV full time and want to move out west soon. Goal is to pursue self-actualization and focus more on growing internally. I've basically invited my friend along the journey too. My childhood buddy who smokes all the time is likely to encourage me to smoke. Seems as if he's using it as a way to escape though. He has been suffering with health issues and is financially broke. Kinda skeptical about bringing him along on this journey but at the same time we have extremely deep conversations and relate. However, I see that he has become more complacent and isn't really going anywhere with life. Not many opportunities in his life. My concern is he's looking at me as a crutch to smoke more. That the weed is creating too much idealism and escapism. Reminds me of the green spiral dynamic. 

Deeply curious. 

Is this plant worth messing with or avoiding in the process of self-actualization? 

What is your experience with this plant? 

What are your thoughts about those that smoke vs don't smoke pot? 

Curious to hear different perspectives. 

It desensitized you.

People say that it enhances your creativity but let's be honest,the creativity is the 'ohh look dude I have hands,I am a human,wooow,so cool" kind of creativity.

Nobody every high on Marijuana said "Dude,you see that hill over there?It would be so cool if this society would build a childs hospial over there to help kids with special needs."

Marijuana is a drug from the family of the psychedelics.

It does increase your creativity and has many relaxation benefits.

Like anything in life if u abuse it u will suffer.

You never know until u try. It’s not for everyone and it has different effect on different people. So don’t compare yourself to ur friends.

Elon Musk is smoking weed..just saying. ?

A real man smokes DMT.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Ethan1 said:

Deeply curious. 

Is this plant worth messing with or avoiding in the process of self-actualization? 

What is your experience with this plant? 

What are your thoughts about those that smoke vs don't smoke pot? 

Curious to hear different perspectives. 

Too smooth to not underestimate it and get addicted.
The highest of highs I got on mj were where 100 ug of LSD starts off.
Sometimes I was losing the sense of time on mj. On LSD, each hour has several epochs, each of which feel like a whole session with mj. Some of these epochs feel like an entire lifetime. Sometimes, it feels as if time is two-dimensional on LSD.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I hate it, but at the same time I love it.

It has shown me LOVE, and it has given me answers and perspectives that have changed my life. 

It has also caused me to believe totally ridiculous and delusional things. Once I smoked too much and convinced myself I had spontaneously gone deaf!

It usually only gives me great insights / therapeutic benefits when I use it VERY consciously. ( So, don't get into the habit of smoking everyday ) 

edit: the deaf thing was when it was mixed with LSD. Still.

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Nothing really special about it.

Alcohol is more fun than being high to be honest.

Both are kind of bad for your body though, so I would use them very sparsely.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I call it marryhoney 

My honey always smokes marryhoney. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I had weed for 3 years straight and enjoyed it everyday. 

It made the environment fun and i liked to talk during the high,sometimes funny things and sometimes deep.

And sometimes it would cause fear if triggered and it would not go,no matter how much i tried,rather increased the anxiety. It used to be a horrible experience-which is not worth it. 

Then i started taking it in controlled way being aware and not thinking about anything,being in the present. This helped a lot but sometimes again the fear would arise may be my office or girlfriend called on my phone. The intensity of the panic was less and overcame quickly than before,nevertheless the fear was there which was again not worth it. 

Later my friends asked the reason behind the quitting i told them that if i sit with friends having that thing for 1 hour and in the 55th minute the  fear arises due to any reason(the fear might not come though), the fun i had until 54 minutes would not be worth it.So i quit and now whenever i feel like having it i tell myself this and the craving goes away.

I have been smoking weed for the last 24 years of my life.

Overall I would say it is negative. It will dissolve the ego to some degree and increase awareness and also help with reflection and introspection.

It can become a habit however and too often will become a source purely of pleasure, hindering development.

Weed is the medicine from mother earth, but if you arent sick why should you take it?

If you go on a meditation and stimulation-detox journey youll become happy as a default mode and wont need any drug.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A real man smokes DMT.

dmt its just like a hammer on the mind,its gets difficult to integrate and its strange like hell

remember  ..

a12e13cdbdd770ecd52d8afd90690b67.jpg

cannabis can be a very very good meditation facilitator

also its very good when you have a good intent and are already involved in discovery new things whitin yourself and the laws of life and then you smoke a joint and have very deep and relevant insights 

I really enjoy smoking cannabis, but I always get fat and lazy afterwards because I just wanna eat all the junk food, stay on my couch and do nothing else. If you do it once in a while, it is fine. But if you do it everyday, it really becomes difficult to handle your daily life.

Edited by Billy Shears

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

24 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

I really enjoy smoking cannabis, but I always get fat and lazy afterwards because I just wanna eat all the junk food, stay on my couch and do nothing else. If you do it once in a while, it is fine. But if you do it everyday, it really becomes difficult to handle your daily life.

there are very different kinds of cannabis,there are ones that gives you the high but dont take away your motivation

“To every man is given the key to the gates of heaven. The same key opens the gates of hell.
― Richard Feynman

Weed is a tool. You can use it to grow. You can use it to slow down your growth. I have a lot of good things to say about weed, but also a lot of bad things.

I've been smoking weed for 3 years. There were times where I smoked it like every day. I felt like I needed it to relax and enjoy the moment.

But those were just phases. Some people manage to get out of these phases, some don't. Some can smoke it with responsibility, some can't.

Currently I am pretty responsible with it. I haven't smoked a joint in like 3 weeks. Sometimes I smoke a joint and I make some music. Sometimes I smoke a joint and meditate. Sometimes I smoke 1 gram. Sometimes 3. Sometimes 5.

But that is just me. I have a friend who is always in a bad mood unless he has smoked some weed. He smokes like 50 grams a month. He knows that he is dependent. He is trying to slow down though.

So it really depends.

Here is a few tips for anybody trying to stay safe with it:

Don't connect it to any activity. If you are, for example, a musician and you always get high before you make music, you will eventually start having a hard time doing it sober. Same goes for everything, be it going out with friends, taking a walk, etc.

Don't smoke too much. Obviously, it will start having negative side effects not only on your material life, but also on your spiritual life. It will make you lazy, restless, it will create mental fog and so on.

Have some rules for consumption and try to show some discipline and responsibility. If you smoke weed, do it mindfully and enjoy it. But try to see what effects it has on you.

There is more to it, but there is no REAL reason to try it out, unless you want to see it for yourself. You can try it out just once.

But every addict tried it out "just once".

beep boop

I love it but it can be addictive and turn into an escape.

Smoke when you earn it and 3x a week at most. 

it makes easier to see your shadows, at least for me. So i find it really usefull for shadow work :)

It's a good tool :) 

@Ethan1 after messing with psychedelics, weed has changed dramatically for me. I have had spiritual experiences and realizations on weed using meditation and this video