actualizing25

Can you hallucinate objects/beings on psychedelics that can hurt you in "real life"?

89 posts in this topic

@Someone here

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Just lo. I'm not the phone. I just got rid of my phone completely and put it on another room for a few moments.  I  still exist the same. I don't feel like part of "me" is lacking now. The phone was here and I was here. The phone goes there but theI'm still here. 

I'm actually shocked that we are arguing about such obvious issues. 

The phone was an appearance that was occurring, then you put it away, what were you experiencing when you put it away? you are that too.

@actualizing25 If you are oriented toward exploring psychedelics, all this mind chatter is background noise. It’s like a kid standing on the high dive feeling anxious as all sorts of “what ifs?” enter his mind. 

You don’t need to worry about hallucinating a hammer during a trip that reappears later, hits you on the head and gives you concussions. . . However, your sense of what is ‘real’ and ‘imagined’ may change after tripping. Right now, when you say “All of life is imagined”, it is at a surface level of thought theory. Psychedelics can give you actual direct experience. Yet rather than having harm anxiety, I would prepare with correct mindset, dosage and setting - then let go. Imagine being a kid entering a new realm of magic and wonder. . . 

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

Can anyone explain to me why a hallucination from a psychedelic drug can he taken as evidence against the materialism? 

What is your evidence

You are presenting something new and radical with no evidence whatsoever! 

What more evidence do you need to know it's real! ?

I think we need to define the terms

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

Let's just agree on that definition.  

I simply disagree for obvious reasons. 

If you don't present enough evidence there is no reason for me to accept any of that. And therefore I will just hold on to what I already know about reality

Solipsism can't be proved or disproved. Just as I can't prove your independence existence from me I can't disprove it either. 

On 5/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, Someone here said:

I'm looking for the proof of that or otherwise I won't believe it. 

I'm actually shocked that we are arguing about such obvious issues. 

OK this is going nowhere!  

A mind contracted within “evidence”, “proof”, “definitions”, “agreement/disagreement” and “argumentation” is imprisoned. And the mind keeps itself imprisoned as it insists that itself defines what counts as “evidence” and “proof”. This will allow the mind to control an internal thought narrative and provide a sense of stability. Yet the mind does so at the cost of sitting within a prison. 

I know this mindset well. I spent 25 years immersed in it as a career scientist. 

You won’t realize what you are missing through thought stories. If you desire realization, I would suggest actual practice, self experimentation and direct experience.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:52 PM, Serotoninluv said:

A mind contracted within “evidence”, “proof”, “definitions”, “agreement/disagreement” and “argumentation” is imprisoned.

It's amazing because a proponent of pseudoscience, dogma or quakery would say the same thing... (coming from a different place). A common stage blue Theist argument for Faith in God is that "Faith transcends evidence."

Ironically, this statement is correct in some ways... and yet the stage blue version of "Faith" usually boils down to unexamined bias.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

Can anyone explain to me why a hallucination from a psychedelic drug can he taken as evidence against the materialism? 

Answer:

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys are still looking at this all wrong. You are stuck in materialism and objectivity, which are nonsense.

Stop mentally masturbating and take a breakthrough dose. You will never get it otherwise. You are 1 million miles away from getting it. You think you are being clever and smart but you are just being foolish.

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

What after the drug wears off?  You are back to the material paradigm!

Haha No.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The evidence is Awakening.

You will never get it without awakening.

22 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Someone here I actually hallucinated and experiencing of my chakras aligning. I sat on the floor whilst on a psychedelic lotus position and felt each chakra align from my tail bone to top of my head. I then imagined a burst of energy moving from my Root chakra to my crown chakra, and I recorded it all on my phone. Reviewing the footage I realise I was just extending my spine and believing some energy was travelling through me. So it’s actually good to be skeptical. 

You are missing that you are watching that video in a lower stage of consciousness.

The same would happen if someone sober would watch you tripping. He will think you are just doing bullshit. But clarily if you are in higher state of consciousness your reality will be much different than to the one which is in a lower stage.

On 5/13/2020 at 0:26 AM, RendHeaven said:

It's amazing because a proponent of pseudoscience, dogma or quakery would say the same thing... (coming from a different place). A common stage blue Theist argument for Faith in God is that "Faith transcends evidence."

Ironically, this statement is correct in some ways... and yet the stage blue version of "Faith" usually boils down to unexamined bias.

Yes, this is were it gets tricky and thorny. And I can see how this appears. I spent many years immersed in evidence and rationale thinking. I loved watching the Atheist Experience, Street Epistemology and debates in which a rationale mind used evidence, logic and reason to overpower an irrational mind based on blind faith.

A couple things I’ve learned. . . Transcendence is not one over another. It is not rejecting one for another, it is incorporation. For example, if we climb to a mountain top and look down on the city, we see the whole city. All the buildings, people, animals, trash etc. We see everything and nothing is rejected. Similarly, a view transcendent to logic does not accept faith rather than logic - it includes both. 

Rather than “Faith transcends evidence”, I think it would be more accurate to say “ISness is prior to evidence”. Notice how “Faith transcends evidence” is a contextualization, followed by a whole dogma of contextualization. We know bring in ideas of god, spiritual literature, morality etc. . . . Yet I would say “ISness is prior to evidence” is different. Here there is no more contextualization after the statement. ISness is what ISness is. It’s Everything / Nothing. That’s it. . . . Technically. . .evidence, proof, argumentation, thought stories etc are all within what IS. In this respect, a mind engaged in logical concept construction is no different than a mind engaged in classical music. They are both the ISness of Now. A transcendent view can see this, yet some minds are contracted within the thought constructs and become immersed within the thought stories that their reality and identification becomes the thought stories - and there can be immense attachment and desire to thoughts and beliefs because for the survival of a self construct and a sense of grounding.