Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shmurda

How do you feel days after a psychedelic breakthrough?

2 posts in this topic

Having used a variety of psychedelics, I notice differences in the after effects and how they affect your life hours or days after a strong experience. Here is my perspective. Perhaps you could share yours and we can compare?

N,N DMT - I feel somewhat mentally drained the day after, but I the experience remains fresh in my mind, like seeing a great movie and remembering it the next day.

LSD - I feel very mentally drained the day after. However, for the most part the afterglow can last for days. Its that experience of walking down the street, feeling comfortable with the world and appreciating its beauty. Significantly reduced death anxiety or anxiety of any kind for up to a few weeks. However, this is not always the case. In the past I have suffered brief bouts of anxiety a few days after the fact.

Mushrooms - The same as LSD. A very homely, earthly feeling. As if everything is in its right place, and it always was. It's just that now you remember the truth. The things felt and realised during the trip can be brought back with you into consensus reality.

Ketamine - The real maverick here, and basically my reason for starting this post because its such a mind fuck. The breakthrough experience is an epiphany of pure one-ness that literally debilitates my body and smashes every attempt at conceptualization. Its so incredible but completely indescribable. Then, the day after I feel like total shit. Anxiety is through the roof, judgement of myself and others, old mental patterns such as shame, social anxiety and general confusion return. The skeletons of past-trauma that i thought had been overcome are re-animated. The memory of the breakthrough itself is nothing more than an after-thought "oh yeah, that was incredible... i think." Very strange.

2C series - Little to no effects the day after usage except mental tiredness. Although there is something similar to the confusion that occurs post ketamine. Similarly, I can remember that the experience of the peak was mind blowing, but I can't describe in what way. Another experience where I take not much, if anything positive into my daily experience.

So, ime, mushrooms and acid can bring an enjoyable afterglow and ability to integrate some part of the breakthrough into sober reality, whereas, with ketamine and 2c series, the experience can be as much if not more mind-blowing, but I don't experience anything that could be beneficial to sober reality and actually the ego backlash is quite unpleasant. 

What after glow experiences do you have with various psychedelics?

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

i feel like a profund calm behavior and a warm sensation in my body

i could concentrate more,think things with more clarity,contemplate more deeply,etc