The Don

I Can't Side With The Left. I Just Can't!

67 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2020 at 6:33 PM, John Doe said:

Conservatives have prevented Dr. Fauci from testifying in front of the House. Republicans in Florida fired a scientist for building an accurate COVID-19 tracker. These are also clear instances of free-speech violations, can I use this to implicate the entire Right?

If you really believe that, there's nothing I can say to open your mind.

We're living in the greatest depression that has ever existed. It is nothing like the great depression since 1929.

What are your thoughts on this video? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORvfCEm070

"Unemployment Is Mortality" Dennis reads you a telling interview from the former head of the Israeli Health Ministry. "the Draconian measures are of Biblical proportions, hundreds of millions of people are suffering."

I was against the lockdowns from the beginning. It didn't flatten the curve. Sweden proved it.

Christians and republicans were also against the lockdowns. They were right.

Now hundreds of millions of people are suffering badly because of these unnecessary lockdowns.

Here's an article from RCP, entitled How Fear, Groupthink Drove Unnecessary Global Lockdowns. Elon Musk tweeted this article.

We've made the biggest error in human history regarding the lockdowns.

I no longer take advice from so-called 'experts'. You might be a bright person but not wise.

It doesn't matter if you're smart or intelligent. If you have no wisdom, you're useless.

Me on the road less traveled.

4 hours ago, The Don said:

I was against the lockdowns from the beginning. It didn't flatten the curve. Sweden proved it.

Sweden have 10x the amount of deaths per million pop (418) compared to their neighbours Norway with 43, Finland have 53 and Denmark 98. Despite the their no lockdown policy only 7.3% of the population have developed anti bodies - https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/sweden-isn-t-anywhere-close-to-reaching-herd-immunity-after-anti-lockdown-strategy-1.4950144

I was interested to see if their strategy would work but it really appears that it hasnt, this may change but i dont really see how. So basically 3000 or so people have died in Sweden that could have been avoided. If you extrapolate this strategy out to say America youre looking at a number toward a million, especially considering Sweden medically were prepared for this, had enough equipment etc. 

Thats not to say that fear did affect a lot of decisions but i cant see, looking at the evidence how the argument could be made that we shouldnt have locked down. 

So all the green flatten graphs here for countries that locked down, and did it properly, as in early, aggressive, extensive contact tracing etc. are what exactly? Note: Sweden red and not particularity flat. 

Had we imposed lock-down when and how we should have, earlier and more aggressively, properly coordinated apolitical response etc our curve could look something closer to Australia, or new Zealand (Note: both graph, green and flat looking). Instead we have a worst of both worlds situation thanks to our overall slow, inept, and fractured response.  You can argue that flatten the curve is not worth the cost of lock-downs but that to say they don't flatten the curve doesn't fit the data. 

If you really believe it is "wisdom" to strive for this graph; while striving for this graph is being "useless" and "the biggest error in human history"  there's nothing I can say to open your mind.

Elon Musk tweeted this article

Why did you point out your article was tweeted out by a useless person?

You said it yourself "It doesn't matter if you're smart or intelligent. If you have no wisdom, you're useless." and yet felt the need to name drop Elon Musk in the same post?  He named his child X Æ A-Xii after wanting to name it X Æ A-12! On that alone I think it is safe to say Elon might be bright but is not very wise xD.

@Space Coyote Yes Elon Musk naming his child something you personally think is strange/weird is a clear indicator that he must not be very wise. *Bias alert*

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

18 hours ago, The Don said:

We're living in the greatest depression that has ever existed. It is nothing like the great depression since 1929.

What are your thoughts on this video? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORvfCEm070

"Unemployment Is Mortality" Dennis reads you a telling interview from the former head of the Israeli Health Ministry. "the Draconian measures are of Biblical proportions, hundreds of millions of people are suffering."

Christians and republicans were also against the lockdowns. They were right.

Now hundreds of millions of people are suffering badly because of these unnecessary lockdowns.

Here's an article from RCP, entitled How Fear, Groupthink Drove Unnecessary Global Lockdowns. Elon Musk tweeted this article.

We've made the biggest error in human history regarding the lockdowns.

I no longer take advice from so-called 'experts'. You might be a bright person but not wise.

It doesn't matter if you're smart or intelligent. If you have no wisdom, you're useless.

SLOW THE FRIG DOWN, MAN!

This is getting out of hand. You are not worth my time  to take seriously yet you keep bombarding us with multiple different points in one post that would take a lot of effort to respond to individually. So I won't.

The only thing I can say is that you keep getting your information from sources that are full of shit, including Elon Musk.

You're skating on thin ice here. Just like your buddy, Donald. This sort of thing is never tolerated on this forum.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:51 AM, The Don said:

@The Don Bruh, what do you mean "if you really believe that"? That is literally what happened right?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/01/fauci-house-panel-coronavirus-229699

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/20/florida-scientist-dr-rebekah-jones-fired-refusing-change-covid-19-data-reopen-plan

And what exactly are you even arguing? You titled the thread "I can't side with the Left" and you cited suppression of free speech as a reason. I've given you examples to show that free-speech suppression is not necessarily a partisan issue, and now you randomly pivot away to a discussion on the effectiveness of C-19 lockdowns. Do you see the problem here?

Release me.