The Don

How Can I Get Rid Of My Blockages?

11 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have a problem when I'm trying to talk in front of a camera. I always speak through the 'how are the others perceiving me' filter.

I have an unnecessary filter that blocks my ability to communicate well.

I always have the feeling that anything I say in front of a camera doesn't sound well.

I feel like people will judge in a negative manner all I'm about to say when recording a video.

It sucks!

Me on the road less traveled.

You're suffering from low self esteem, people pleasing issues and too much self consciousness. Liberate yourself from these feelings. 

Don't care too much what people think. People are going to judge anyway and let them. Don't base your freedom on them. 

You be you. You do you. 

Accept yourself and also liberate yourself from judgement. Be free. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Accept yourself and also liberate yourself from judgement. Be free. 

When I try to impose myself on others, I get free of my social anxiety. But I look a little bit cold or maybe that's my perception. I look a little bit serious.

Me on the road less traveled.

Its really easy sometimes on this forum to feel like it should be so easy to just change or dont feel this or that or don't think that way....just do it, its easy.  Not always, and sometimes never, but this isn't a problem.

Instead of trying to have these things change or trying to remove them or apply a technique to remove them, just accept them as they are, as a part of your current expression.  Live this way for a while and still do the things you want to such as speak in front of others or in front of a camera despite the feelings and thoughts and judgements that come up from within or from outwards sources.  And let those be as well.  Every once in a while just smile within and outwardly just feeling the sweetness of your own warmth.  Sometimes just not solving anything and keeping a smile or positive attitude can make all the difference in the world ( this is super simple, and easily dismissed as to average or no-spiritual by some minds).

9 minutes ago, The Don said:

When I try to impose myself on others, I get free of my social anxiety. But I look a little bit cold or maybe that's my perception. I look a little bit serious.

The more you socialize with people, your social anxiety will lessen and then you won't have to engage in odd behaviors to fit in or feel free. You'll be your natural self around people. 

Work on your anxiety and love yourself more. Also don't distrust people. 

If you give love to people, they will love you in return. 

We all have the same heart. 

Don't fear people too much. In fact a lot of people will encourage and sympathize with you if you told them that you get anxious. 

Just let yourself be free.. Social anxiety will get better with time and social participation. 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

We all have the same heart.

There will be an answer, Let it be-e-e-ee!!!

1 minute ago, njuufa said:

There will be an answer, Let it be-e-e-ee!!!

What do you mean? Sorry if I didn't get your sarcasm!!!! 

3 hours ago, The Don said:

I look a little bit cold

What's the problem with looking cold?

3 hours ago, The Don said:

I look a little bit serious

What's the problem in looking serious?

Don't tell me some bullshit that if you look like x it'll be a problem because x.

It looks like you are putting the cart before the horse here.
If you get free from social anxiety when you "impose" youself, then do that. Work first on getting rid of social anxiety and THEN think about how you could not look cold or serious. Maybe you'll even drop that want.

I write every morning in my finger the phrase:  This too shall pass. 

When i see it throughout the day, It creates like an inner space, where you dont care about what happens, just live as the observer. 

I used to care tooo much, always in fear of what would happen if ... 

Mindfullness work helps alot too. Be aware of your body when this feelings arise. Eckart Tolle says, make this "negative emotion" be your vehicle to the present moment. The devil must work in shadows. Shine the light of awareness. Be the observer. Love your current experience.